• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, copenhagen said:

...The thing that bothers me the most is that the church refuses to say ANYTHING of substance with the overwhelming problems facing us today: lgbtq+ insanity, the overwhelming numbers of illegal aliens, the opioid epidemic, etc. The world is burning to the ground, and the christians are smiling like idiots covering their eyes and ears.

This is clown world and my only way of coping is to laugh at it all. 

Hi, Turn off the  cable tv news, that stuff will make anyone's thinking go askew! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

This forum IS Church to be honest, It has everything, God says where two or more gather, He gave no specifics on "how" we gather. The "Church" is the Body of Christ, not a building or program schedule.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

Every single thread you've started so far has been to talk down about the churches you're attending. Perhaps pray and ask the Lord to direct you to a good body of believers under the leadership of a good shepherd. I find a couple of your comments offensive regarding your pastors - stating they're dumb, etc. It's not so much about them being the brightest but them allowing the Spirit to speak through them. God doesn't choose the wisest among us, He chooses those who are willing/obedient vessels. Perhaps open your heart to receive the Word more? 

Just my thoughts. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, copenhagen said:

My level of cynicism is at an all-time high. My faith in God isn't shaken. However, I look at the church and see a ridiculous clown show. I have chosen the best church in the local area and supported it faithfully. It's very obvious that the church is corrupt. What's happening is that the big donors run everything. The church relies on them for financing basic daily operations, but also pushes hard to fund new jobs, the latest for the wife of the pastor. 

In return, the top founders determine the direction of the church, and receive perks such as volunteer teaching positions within the church, which apparently is a huge ego boost for the volunteer instructors. 

Meanwhile the flock really is that: unthinking sheep who would walk off a cliff with smiles on their faces if they were told to do so. They're not "dumb" per se, but they don't like to think. They prefer to have the media and the pastor and all of the highfalutin types do the "thinking" for them. They just believe.

There are lots of kids at church, they like having friends to play with for an hour or two on Sunday morning and maybe once during the week as well.

The thing that bothers me the most is that the church refuses to say ANYTHING of substance with the overwhelming problems facing us today: lgbtq+ insanity, the overwhelming numbers of illegal aliens, the opioid epidemic, etc. The world is burning to the ground, and the Christians are smiling like idiots covering their eyes and ears.

This is clown world and my only way of coping is to laugh at it all. 

:sherlock:

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, Philippians 2:3

Love, Joe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

22 hours ago, copenhagen said:

What sucks is that the quality of even this best in town pastor's sermons has dropped off considerably. They used to be very focused, the message clear and even a bit entertaining. Now, he's becoming like the rest, with sermons becoming unfocused and dull. I don't know what happened to him, it's all so sudden. At a certain point you just run out of things to say. 

:sherlock:

Chomp, Chomp~!

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 1 Peter 5:8

Love. Joe

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Just now, copenhagen said:

The liberals are never even challenged by other so-called fake "christians" on this forum who have also been brainwashed by political correctness. This is the future of most all churches: total abandonment of true christianity in pursuit of devil worship they called "love" and "acceptance" and "tolerance" which all just mean promoting the tenets of satanism.

Political correctness started in 312AD by Emperor Constantine, issuing his 'Edict of Toleration', because the Vandals, Huns, & Visigoths were attacking Rome, he needed to calm them, so he blended paganism with Christianity, & Hey Presto! formed the Roman Catholic church, that morphed into Protestant, denominational & charismatic churches, that carried on his Christmasse, that started a few years later, which was the 'Mass', which is cannibalism (eating human flesh, transsubstantialism). Cannibal comes from the Hebrew Kahn- priest & baal, the priests of baal used to make unholy sacrifices. You can see modern day catholics in white robes & pointed  white hats, similar to the Klu Klax Klan.

People say God is love, but forget or ignore Is45v7

I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Salvation67 said:

This forum IS Church to be honest, It has everything, God says where two or more gather, He gave no specifics on "how" we gather. The "Church" is the Body of Christ, not a building or program schedule.

I have learned, and I continue to learn more from Worthy than I EVER did attending any Church.I go to wherever the best teaching can be found and let the chips fall where they may.....There are also great places on the internet to find the Gospel Of Grace being taught......Faith in Jesus Plus Nothing.....Andrew Farley, Les Feldick ,Renee Roland, to name a few.......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,243
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:29 AM, copenhagen said:

My level of cynicism is at an all-time high. My faith in God isn't shaken. However, I look at the church and see a ridiculous clown show.

This scenario reminds me of the Eagle`s song - `Hotel California.` These words - `You can check out anytime you like BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.`  And that is where you are at Copenhagen stuck in man`s system. It has a strong hold on you and it seems YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!

If you are a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, you have a choice.

1) Keep ridiculing man`s system. 

2) Encourage & exhort the believers HERE.   

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Just now, Marilyn C said:

This scenario reminds me of the Eagle`s song - `Hotel California.` These words - `You can check out anytime you like BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.`

I was only reading today about in America they are setting up FEMA camps near to train tracks, much like in Hitlers regime, to seperate people, about the Corona virus, where, let's just say a culling will happen, if they go ahead. In the report they stated  `You can check out anytime you like BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.`

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,243
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

57 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

I was only reading today about in America they are setting up FEMA camps near to train tracks, much like in Hitlers regime, to seperate people, about the Corona virus, where, let's just say a culling will happen, if they go ahead. In the report they stated  `You can check out anytime you like BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.`

Sounds like fake news to me.

• Thumbs Up 1