• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

56 minutes ago, Yishai said:

And what is sin? The breaking of Torah.(1stJohn3:4)

Hmm my bible says 1 john 3:4 ....

Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness.

It does not say sin is the breaking of torah.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,532
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

You gave some very thoughtful answers in the response.  It is true that even with clean meats, people don't want to overeat due to health related issues, but the problem is exacerbated with unclean meats for the reason you've outlined.  Not sure why anyone sees something that looks like an overgrown roach(lobster) and says "oh that looks so delicious."              

I've mentioned to someone, I wonder who the first person was to crack open an egg and say, umm food?  :noidea:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1968

I think it about being free from the law and not under the law. We are free to do what we like as long as we know the health risks and I know I am not perfect with the food consumption but I know I am not gonna be penalized for it.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

29 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Hmm my bible says 1 john 3:4 ....

Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness.

It does not say sin is the breaking of torah.

1 John 3:4 King James Version (KJV)

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law(Torah).

Romans 3:20 - Therefore by the deeds of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the Law(Torah) [is] the knowledge of sin

"The word "Torah" is the Hebrew word commonly translated "Law." So disobeying Yahweh's Law, His Torah, is the New Testament definition of sin. There is no way around it.

First of all, there is a Greek word, and it is "anomia." The very definition of this word in a Strong's Lexicon would be: "illegality, i.e. violation of law or (genitive case) wickedness."

"Lawlessness" defined: Strong's: 458 anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from 459; illegality, i.e. violation of law(Torah) or (genitive case) wickedness:--iniquity, X transgress (-ion of) the law(Torah), unrighteousness."

-so  really anytime we read Sin in the Bible, we can accuratly replace it with the phrase "breaking of Torah".

Leviticus 4:27 "And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance(1john3:4), while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments (Matt 5:17-19)of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done,

Edited by Yishai

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,532
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Yum, More lobster for the rest of us! 

You bet cha! The wife and I, we loves us lobster, crab legs and shell fish with lots of 'real' butter; except for the price! So basically we might have it on a special occasion once in a blue moon. Don't want to make a study diet of anything that bottom feeds though. 

About thirty-five years ago on our anniversary I went to a National grocery store. They had a big tank of lobsters and I picked two out. I was going to surprise my wife and cook dinner with all the trimmings; baked potato, asparagus, etc.; I learned a couple of lessons. The first lesson I learned was. lobsters are not meant to be multi functional. The wife came home from work, and discovered my four year old and I sitting on the kitchen floor watching and playing with the lobsters crawling around. She said that was 'disgusting', but I thought otherwise. The second thing I learned, being the first time I ever cooked lobsters; you don't slip them head first into boiling water. Got a chest and face full of boiling water from their tails flipping :noidea:

I guess that was better than the first time I made ham hocks and beans in a Presto pressure cooker at my mother-in-laws house. I was pretty strong back then, but it still took some effort cranking the lid off still with 12# of pressure in it. Yeah, it missed my face but had to get a ladder to clean everything off the ceiling :noidea:

Sometimes a little good comes out of bad things? The wife asked me not to try and cook again  :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

For discussion, most Christian today eat unclean meats including pig, crayfish, lobster, and even some exotic creatures such as snakes.  However, how do those of you who do so justify eating unclean meats when the Bible so clearly lists those not to eat.  Before, you mention it.  I know that most people will say we're no longer under the law but under grace and that Peter had a vision that said it's ok to eat unclean meats now.  For the concept of being under grace, it's clear from the words of Jesus and Paul that this does not mean that Christians are free to sin willy nilly.  It's clear that God still expects us to obey His commandments not because of duty or legalism but rather  because we do so willingly out of love and devotion to God.  For the point about Peter's vision, there really isn't much to say about it because it not unambiguously clear.  The vision is not referring to anything literal at all in terms of eating.  It was symbolic to refer to accept the gentiles into the fold and not viewing them as unclean anymore from the Jews' perspective.  It is absolutely clear from the context.

On the on hand, I don't think we are bound to all the statutes, ordinances, and decrees the Lord required of the Jews in the Old Testament. On the other hand, if God called something an abomination, it is an abomination, and I believe he called eating pigs and seafood an abomination. The fact is, I can't think of anything more unhealthy to eat than bacon or sausage, and seafood is full of cholesterol, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  06/12/1968

28 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

You can lead a ? to ? but you can't make it peck.

So true. And usually they do but once in a while if its dying or sick it won't peck.

The facts are the facts, Breaking of Torah is a Sin, and the teaching of its abolishment is a false teaching.

People should start to read Torah, make it apart of your constant rotation, and use common sence, whenever you see The High Preist Laws, thats scripturaly The Messiah now, and He is Currently the High preist! In the Kingdom(even that we have High priest still, shows The activness of Torah)

Pigs dont even sweat showing all there toxins stay in there body, and they eat ANYTHING, were not supposed to eat Vultures and owls either He made all these things for His set apart people...

The Big thing Torah is exposing as Sin, in todays time is the pagan Roman Holidays that His people have theyre hands in...Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Abandoment of His Shabbat for a new Holy day, Sun-day. 

And we should just start incorporating His Feast into our lives, and after people see how Awesome they are, they wont even want to celebrate thier traditional Holidays anymore. 

-warning friends and family may/WILL think youve lost your mind! Ahhaa welcome to the city of truth! Lol.

Edited by Yishai

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

So part of torah is the rule about fabrics. Are you mixing fabrics?

Are there laws in the torah that you believe no longer apply? Which ones are those?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

So part of torah is the rule about fabrics. Are you mixing fabrics?

Are there laws in the torah that you believe no longer apply? Which ones are those?

-Current and past Church Doctrine has/is mixing Fabrics, Mixing the fabric of Paganism with The Fabric Of The Holy Father. 

And in the Physical, I dont think ive ever owned a shirt made of two different fabrics in one.lol

1. The prohibition of Shatnez involves not wearing wool and linen that were woven together in one fabric."........................

wow this^^ is such a prophetic Command, Holy Spirit just let me see it in that view. Halleluyah 

I havent learned everything yet, by any means!, But I cant wait to keep learning more and more about His Santcuary! All in the name of Y'shua(Jesus) the Messiah! I love His Truths! Haha.

-And for your other question,..as Messiah said not even the least Commandment will pass from Torah until Heaven and earth pass, So I believe exactly that. (Matt 5:17-19.)

He is High priest and The Passover Lamb,. thats scriptural, so we all know which Laws apply to Him alredy. 

Edited by Yishai