• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Romans 8:33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Romans 9:11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Romans 11:5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Romans 11:7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Romans 11:28As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

Colossians 3:12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

1 Thessalonians 1:4Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

1 Timothy 5:21I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

2 Timothy 2:10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Titus 1:1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

1 Peter 1:2elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 2:6Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1 Peter 5:13The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

2 Peter 1:10Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

2 John 1:1The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;

2 John 1:13The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

All that are born again of gods Spirit are the elected.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Who is God's Elect in the NT?

God's elects are those who are elected by the prescience of the Creator:

• 1Pe 1:2  -> "according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, to obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. May grace and peace be multiplied to you.".

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

The concept of being "elect" is consistent with the OT concept of being the "chosen" people, since Israel was a type/shadow/ensample of the church that was to come.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Leonardo Von said:

God's elects are those who are elected by the prescience of the Creator:

• 1Pe 1:2  -> "according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, to obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. May grace and peace be multiplied to you.".

You have made two errors here.

1) God's elect are those whom he chose, according to (i.e. "in agreement with", not "by means of")...

2) God's elect are those whom he chose, according to his foreknowledge (the Greek word, when applied to people, means "favourable, intimate knowledge, in advance" - in other words, in this context, it refers to those upon whom God chose to set his favour, in advance).  The Greek word, when applied to people, does not have the same meaning as the English word "prescience".