• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

1 minute ago, ReneeIW said:

Are you missing the reports that family members cannot visit covid-19 patients in the hospitals? That does not happen with the flu.

Did you see the reports that morgues have run out of room, funeral homes have run out of space, hospitals don’t have enough PPE to treat patients? This doesn’t happen with the flu. And the outbreak has not even peaked in some parts of the world.
Also, the fact that the flu does kill so many a year should be a reason to want to prevent Covid-19 from spreading since we already have our hands full with the flu.

and we also know the case fatality rate is coming in FAR hotter than the annual flu, by at least a factor of ten....and when all the numbers are in it may be far higher than that.  A LOT of the early data (which will be questionable for a good while longer yet) is indicating the MINIMUM case fatality rate for COVID-19 is around 2.5%, not 1.3-1.6%.    And the early data is actually pointing to a CFR of around 4%.

Not even in the same ballpark as the annual flu, and this thing's R0 is so much higher that isn't even comparable either.   And there is no herd immunity.  These comparisons to the annual flu should have disappeared from the conversation at least a month ago...even for the slow adopters.  It was obvious at least two weeks before that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Jostler said:

and we also know the case fatality rate is coming in FAR hotter than the annual flu

The fact that it’s a novel disease and we don’t have enough knowledge or resources to fight it may be playing a role in those numbers. Not to mention leaders leading people astray by calling it a hoax. Everyone knows the flu is not a hoax.

so there’s a lot working against us right now with Covid-19

20 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

The fact that it’s a novel disease and we don’t have enough knowledge or resources to fight it may be playing a role in those numbers. Not to mention leaders leading people astray by calling it a hoax. Everyone knows the flu is not a hoax.

so there’s a lot working against us right now with Covid-19

There is a lot about these numbers that is not trustworthy, for a variety of reasons.  Politics, economic interests and most of all the lack of vigorous testing that would give a more accurate view of how deeply this has penetrated various national populations.

The insane "don't test, don't tell" policy we've seen since mid January is worse than ignorance or incompetence.  It's deliberate and downright murderous.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

2 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:
2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

There simply is not enough data or enough time to calculate with any certainty

We have a greater amount of time for the flu calculations; from Oct to March it's killed 16% of hospitalizations.

Therefore all this 'crisis' should surely happen every year... 

Blessings.....We are not talking about the flu,are you?   What does a 4 month statistic have to do with or( how can it compare) something that has not had enough data(or time)....plus,we do not even know if the info we are getting from other countries is accurate ...that is what I am talking about anyways,lol       Love,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

We have a greater amount of time for the flu calculations; from Oct to March it's killed 16% of hospitalizations.

Therefore all this 'crisis' should surely happen every year... 

there are several reasons why that will unlikely happen more than this one year...    by the end of the year we should have a vaccine and though they are not 100% effective they do seem to help.  Plus there are several drugs that are either being used, for the last week or so, that are not part of that set of data....    plus there is the herd immunization that will occur when the people get over it this year....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

3 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

One should do all they can to prevent the outbreak of a disease whether or not there is a vaccine. 

Even if the vaccines will come with identity recognition RFID chips  ???

Matthew 10:16

15Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. 16Look, I am sending you out like sheep among wolves; therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17But beware of men; for they will hand you over to their councils and flog you in their synagogues.…

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

1 hour ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I was responding to my continues attacks about my trying to educate people about Hepatitis A and B.

Hi , thanks for explaining; that is different .

Yes still wondering about what kind of vaccine they will come up with and if it has a identity recognition RFID chips  , what will we as christian do?

Putting this question out there for anyone to respond really...

girld chikenimages.png

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

Hi , thanks for explaining; that is different .

Yes still wondering about what kind of vaccine they will come up with and if it has a identity recognition RFID chips  , what will we as christian do?

Putting this question out there for anyone to respond really

The digital age is here and there is no  turning back.  The choice would be yours and everyone and how you interpret or see the mark of the beast coming into existence .  

Some see the MOB as a spiritual entity which I take take side with, as I see it as from the heart, which choice you have made. The Lord knows the heart of all men. So, yes, I would have no choice but to take that vaccine, unless I get some revelation not to do so.  

The bible does say, many will be afflicted, beaten and thrown into prison in those days.  When one truly has done spiritual warfare, then he understands what takes place there.

I have often mentioned here already, it's like another facet of life that goes on, just that the physical conversations and interactions is not seen to others.  Maybe some has had conversations, so I have read.   Essentially, it is the spiritual world that is at work and the bible shows it clearly in Ephesians 6.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Have not been to the grocery in two days and coming home from work I thought I would stop by and pickup some essentials.  The parking lot is half full, but the line outside is about twenty or so people. It looks quite long when everyone is keeping the six feet distance from each other.  I will be there tomorrow and post my update as to what is happening inside.

How is your area doing.   Are the shelves stocked and things getting back to normal or how actually are they ?.  Let us know.

The Mayor of our city came out and called out one company for price gouging on Lysol wipes and said he is looking out for those who are taking advantage of the present situation with exorbitant price increase.

The company apologized and said it was a mistake and would refund people their money.

I just popped out for a peek at my local grocery store.  Paper goods still totally empty.....meats and fresh vegetables abundant.  And so was milk this time.  I forgot to look at the bread aisle :)

1.  No paper goods

wipes,

sanitizer,

bottled water

dish detergent (except a few boxes of the powdered stuff for dishwashers)

flour or any kind or cornmeal

sugar

rice

canned tomato products

2.  Very limited supply of canned vegetables, a few cans each of corn, green beans and yams

some condiments like mayonnaise were down to a few jars

pinto beans....there were about 12 20lb bags, but no other beans of any kind available

Overall the store was a bit better stocked than last time I shopped.  But the staples mostly have not quite caught up yet.

I stopped at the hardware store and bought 2 dozen quart canning jars, six half gallon canning jars and 120 lids.....heck with paying for canned chickin when I can can it myself for a fraction of the cost :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1