• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Hi

Things getting scary here in UK. 

I only go out twice weekly very early to get food shopping. I always wear plastic gloves. The trolley handles are disinfected, all customers spaced out and supermarket quiet and increasingly better shocked. So far my husband and i are well. 

I am very very frightened. More than 500 per day dying. The world is in trouble. How will our lives and economies ever recover? 

I pray all the time. God is our only comfort and strength. Despite prayer i find it hard to focus, function and sleep. If anyone is not worried, they are not paying attention. This is the most incredibly dangerous time. Trust in God, our government and do everything asked. 

JUST LIFT THOSE HANDS AND PRAISE THE HOLY LORD THROUGH IT ALL . 

America , has become the land of covid and it spreads like no other place and wont slow down .      YET , though i walk in the amercia of covid nineteen i shall fear no evil , FOR GOD IS WITH THE LAMBS .

BE ENCOURAGED .       And lift those hands up everyone ,   and just praise our KING through it all .     

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18

12 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Hi

Things getting scary here in UK. 

I only go out twice weekly very early to get food shopping. I always wear plastic gloves. The trolley handles are disinfected, all customers spaced out and supermarket quiet and increasingly better shocked. So far my husband and i are well. 

I am very very frightened. More than 500 per day dying. The world is in trouble. How will our lives and economies ever recover? 

I pray all the time. God is our only comfort and strength. Despite prayer i find it hard to focus, function and sleep. If anyone is not worried, they are not paying attention. This is the most incredibly dangerous time. Trust in God, our government and do everything asked. 

TRUST IN GOD .    i would have left it at just that .    TRUST IN GOD ALONE .        now , hands up and let the praises to our KING be heard .  FOR GOD ALONE is always IN CONTROL .      

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Driving to work this morning I saw the line outside the grocery, which is the norm now since a week ago.  This time, they are using the grocery carts to social distance. So, now they give everyone a cart when you lineup outside.  

Have to go tomorrow, so will see what is going on inside and relay.

Oh, I got my letter from work stating our company is  essential and I am needed.  This is what  society has become.  Welcome to the new world.   

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

@Melinda12 I’m with you. I’m in California which is always kinda crazy. Try reading the Bible verse section on here. It helped me. You could think of a good one and post it. Ask for prayer here also. I have prayed for you, many others will also if you ask. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I'm trying to avoid taking the taxi to the supermarket since the drivers have so many in their taxis each day.   Just using commonsense, not fearful.

So I walked to the Target yesterday.   They were now only letting a person enter when someone left the store.   Also, they had tape on the pavement six feet apart for us to wait in line.   Thankfully, there were only three ahead of me.

It was really different.... because the store was so empty!   I did go in the afternoon, I imagine it would be a longer line later on.

Did ask if they had Kleenex, paper towels or toilet paper in the stock room.   Nope.   

Did get several items.   We are going to get our rare rain next week so won't be walking over then.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,016
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Here it is busier in the early morning as soon as they open since the first hour is supposed to be for over a certain age people and workers in the NHS .. I went for the first time in weeks and had to wait in a fairly long queue when I got out it was after 9am and there were only a couple of people in the queue . Most stuff was back on the shelves ( apart from gluten free flour for some strange reason ) although even normal flour was very hard to get and restrictions of only 3 of any one item apart from Easter eggs :noidea: and they had been reduced in price to half the normal price !    Guard at the front of the store only letting one in as one goes out as you saw and inside they had blocked the isles to make it a one way system They also had staff disinfecting all equipment after ever use from the trollies ( you call them carts ) to the hand held scanners that we can use to avoid using the checkouts manned by staff.  They were only allowing two people into the paying area at a time but it was not at all busy so no problem 

Once all the hoarders have stocked up on toilet paper etc they will restock the shelves and you will find plenty of the items again as you can only hoard so much !  Praying for all who are affected in any way by this :th_praying:

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18

3 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

Here it is busier in the early morning as soon as they open since the first hour is supposed to be for over a certain age people and workers in the NHS .. I went for the first time in weeks and had to wait in a fairly long queue when I got out it was after 9am and there were only a couple of people in the queue . Most stuff was back on the shelves ( apart from gluten free flour for some strange reason ) although even normal flour was very hard to get and restrictions of only 3 of any one item apart from Easter eggs :noidea: and they had been reduced in price to half the normal price !    Guard at the front of the store only letting one in as one goes out as you saw and inside they had blocked the isles to make it a one way system They also had staff disinfecting all equipment after ever use from the trollies ( you call them carts ) to the hand held scanners that we can use to avoid using the checkouts manned by staff.  They were only allowing two people into the paying area at a time but it was not at all busy so no problem 

Once all the hoarders have stocked up on toilet paper etc they will restock the shelves and you will find plenty of the items again as you can only hoard so much !  Praying for all who are affected in any way by this :th_praying:

You are dearly loved my sister .      i seen on the news in the uk area ,  two nurses died from covid .    what suprised me was that one was only THIRTY NINE years old and the other one was THIRTY SIX .

That sounds quite young . 

OH but let us have no fear dear sister .     Get what you need from the stores ,  i do the same thing .     OUR LORD is with the lambs .    HE is KING and through all this , let us praise HIS NAME for even having saved us .

Focus on the salvation of our KING and the great HOPE HE SHALL BRING on HIS DAY for all who were HIS .      I hear another praise fest to our KING a coming .  SO hands up and just dance a jig of praise to the LORD .

And we will continue to pray for you and others dear sister .   I got this next saying in part from someone else who first said it yesterday .  They said let us shine and not whine .

I added a bit to it .  LET US be SHINERS of the WORD and not whiners with the HERD  .   FOR WE HAVE ALL REASON TO REJOICE IN OUR KING through all times . 

You are loved dear sister .   YEP . 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

Just got back from the store and there are still lots of empty shelves, but overall things appear to be slowly recovering.  There was both toilet paper and paper towels for the first time I've shopped since shelves in the US started emptying.  As well as eggs which have not been available either.  Purchases are still limited to one or two items for a number of things, which is fine, but it does seem we're slowly caching up.  Butter was in short supply but most of the dairy was well stocked.  Cheeses were available, though the big 5lb blocks i normally buy (good value) are still missing.  Meats were ok....a bit lean on variety and nothing on sale, but that is most likely due to the early hour I shopped....and the butchers just hadn't had time to restock from yesterday.

I really didn't need anything, but stocked up on some nuts, a few canned veggies (which were well stocked again), some elbow macaroni which has also been absent for a while and is still limited in supply and selection....still no flour products at all available....but that will probably recover some soon too.  Laid in a good supply of dried fruit, and got horseradish, turmeric, ginger and lots of garlic to make some more fire cider with.  Got everything I need for that

Bought 4 dozen more quart canning jars, and about to head for Home Depot and get the cinder blocks I need for a dual burner rocket stove.

Yes  I wore a mask :)  And I'll wipe down/sterilize what I bought before I bring it in the house. 

I hope a few are using this little rebound in the supply chain to get ready for what's next....this ain't over.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

10 hours ago, Debp said:

I'm trying to avoid taking the taxi to the supermarket since the drivers have so many in their taxis each day.   Just using commonsense, not fearful.

So I walked to the Target yesterday.   They were now only letting a person enter when someone left the store.   Also, they had tape on the pavement six feet apart for us to wait in line.   Thankfully, there were only three ahead of me.

It was really different.... because the store was so empty!   I did go in the afternoon, I imagine it would be a longer line later on.

Did ask if they had Kleenex, paper towels or toilet paper in the stock room.   Nope.   

Did get several items.   We are going to get our rare rain next week so won't be walking over then.

Debp, you have to make use of the seniors hour. I remember you saying that you are a night owl, well you have to set the alarm clock and make use of the privilege you are given to shop where there is less hassle and more items available.

I made the trip to my local grocery this morning and the line up was not bad, about 10 minutes wait before got in.  The grocery was stocked well and I just picked up a few things and left, did not pay attention to what was not there.  

It is just the eerie  unaccustomed feeling and seeing so many people with mask on that makes me not want to be there.  I understand it is necessary, but just cannot get accustomed to it.  

The shopping was smooth as people were about their business.  

The thing is ascending here in Ontario,Canada and more stringent measures are being taken, like fines and more businesses being excluded from the essential service list.

Keep sending up those prayers and Let's hear what is going on in your area.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Edited by warrior12
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

The real culprits are the scum who bought up as much as they could, hoping to sell it later.    Some well-intentioned people then panicked and bought up toilet paper and hand sanitizer in fear, and there we are.    I hope stores don't allow return of any of it when this is done.