• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, choir loft said:

The phrase "God is in control" or "God is able"  are religious slogans often used to suggest God would never judge us and that HE would use methods other than those clearly described in the Bible to affect humanity.

They aren't Biblical.

We are warned over and over again that God is able to judge here and now BOTH the sins of the wicked as well as the sins of the church.  (1 Peter 4:17) 

It is time to repent of our sins and wickedness.  God will NOT hear prayers unless confession and penitence come first. (1 John 1:9)

Judgment is not years down the road.  It's HERE and NOW.

It is time to repent.  To defer such a duty before God is never justified or approved.  Our repentance must go to the bone.  No superficial effort will be recognized by heaven.

In repentance and confession lie the power of answered prayer.

Without it one is simply wasting their time.  God will NOT hear a single word unless confession and repentance comes first - COMES NOW.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

The words " God is in control" or "God is able" have nothing to do with judgment.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

We are in control of repentance and confession of sins. God is in control of his great judgements.

God is in contol of everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,222
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 3/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, missmuffet said:

The words " God is in control" or "God is able" have nothing to do with judgment.

Exactly correct, which is why I dislike the use of those particular slogans.

They are used in conversation to suggest God does NOT judge.  As I stated earlier, they are used to deflect arguments that God does indeed JUDGE the SINs of man.

"God is able," is thus used to ignore the serious nature of divine rage and judgment so as to suggest God can resolve a situation without resorting to unpleasant circumstances in the life of an individual or a nation - or in our present situation, the entire planet.

Buzz words and religious slogans are very dangerous because they are not Biblically oriented.  

For instance, when statements are made about the SINs and wickedness of our nation and how deserving we are of judgment from a Holy God - the statement "God is in control" is often employed.  That slogan is used, not to support or agree with the idea of impending deserved punishment, but to oppose it.  

The slogans are so deeply ingrained in the lexicon of the average person that it becomes necessary for education to the contrary to be promoted, especially among the Biblically illiterate.   People resist the idea these slogans are both unBiblical and contrary to divine will as revealed in Holy Writ.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

On 3/24/2020 at 1:22 PM, missmuffet said:
  On 3/24/2020 at 3:28 AM, Wayne222 said:

We are in control of repentance and confession of sins. God is in control of his great judgements.

Blessings Wayne

We all seem to have our own way of saying things,don't we?lol    I would say that God Does not control our choices,we are in control of making our own choices because of the free will God Has Given us.....and yes,God is in Control of His Judgements,He is ABLE to do ALL things & He is in Control of what He Allows & Does not Allow in all situations& circumstance.....agree?                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 3/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, choir loft said:
They aroused the LORD's anger by their wicked deeds, and plague broke out among them. - Psalm 106:29

Covid-19 has become a global plague.  That’s not a definition I’ve cooked up or something invented by the lunatic fringe.  Medical experts and politicians in every nation have admitted we are in the midst of a dangerous plague upon mankind.  Governments are struggling to get a handle on it and fear, irrational personal fear, is everywhere.

Covid-19 is global, not localized at all.  Despite the publication of the gospel of Christ everywhere and perhaps because of massive indifference to God’s provision for living a life free of disease we have continued to invest ourselves in SIN and wickedness.  The Bible explicitly states God will not sit idly by and allow such conditions to proliferate.  It's my belief we are experiencing a global judgment.  Even some journalists and politicians will admit in unguarded moments this thing is Biblical in nature because of its reach into every corner of the society of man.  Consider also that the fear being experienced by the general population is irrational - verging upon madness.

Almost every conspiracy scenario being thrust into public awareness suggests the action of some international power.  Every nation is busy pointing the finger of guilt at others.   China now blames the US Army, Italy blames its immigrants, Europe blames America and the American media blames the general population as well as China.  Some voices on the internet suggest a global conspiracy by some shadowy power group.  For what purpose I must ask?  To what ends is it promoted?  The only scenario that makes logical sense is that it’s an act of God.

Has it really become a global plague? A few hundred old people die of the 'flu' across tens of nations? It happens every year... To me, it's business as usual, with lots of spin by media and incompetence by governments to blame the crashing of the worldwide usury-based economic system on the common cold.

If this was an act of God, from what I've seen, it's one of His lightest scourges yet. If you told me the black death in the middle ages was an act of God - with 50% fatalities - I can agree, yeah, that's a pretty serious plague. But to repeat, a few oldies dying in the Winter months of a cold doesn't count as an act of God by my definition, without further evidence (e.g. God telling us, I'm going to send a very mild pestilence which will strike down as many as die every year anyway).

Edited by Gershom_young

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

22 minutes ago, Gershom_young said:

If you told me the black death in the middle ages was an act of God - with 50% fatalities - I can agree

Or,  just consequences.   The only people during the black death who went out in the streets and brought in the sick children and sick men and women to their own homes were the true Christians.

THey were not afraid.  and of note there were many homes upon which death and sickness did not come.   Likewise today - it is a huge event today ,  politically and financially motivated for and by some groups.   They could have probably just isolated those in danger of problems,  i.e. 3 to 5 percent of the already sick, old and young, 

instead of isolating (or trying to) 90 to 99 percent - isolating a few would of had only minor consequences, and put fewer people at risk,  while isolating over 90 percent puts a lot more people at risk for many many problems as seen today.

"an act of God" ?    The miracle is if Jesus finds faith on earth !  

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

11 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Or,  just consequences.   The only people during the black death who went out in the streets and brought in the sick children and sick men and women to their own homes were the true Christians.

THey were not afraid.  and of note there were many homes upon which death and sickness did not come.   Likewise today - it is a huge event today ,  politically and financially motivated for and by some groups.   They could have probably just isolated those in danger of problems,  i.e. 3 to 5 percent of the already sick, old and young, 

instead of isolating (or trying to) 90 to 99 percent - isolating a few would of had only minor consequences, and put fewer people at risk,  while isolating over 90 percent puts a lot more people at risk for many many problems as seen today.

"an act of God" ?    The miracle is if Jesus finds faith on earth !  

Just to correct you, my complete sentence is actually below. :-)

If you told me the black death in the middle ages was an act of God - with 50% fatalities - I can agree, yeah, that's a pretty serious plague.

5 minutes ago, Gershom_young said:

If you told me the black death in the middle ages was an act of God - with 50% fatalities - I can agree, yeah, that's a pretty serious plague.

I have no idea how you think that 'corrects' anything I posted?     The plague was simply consequences,  (the one today is perpetrated consequences,  by men) .... not an act of God most likely.

He gets His say later,   with destruction by fire. 

Now THAT IS AN ACT OF GOD (the destruction of mankind (this time instead of by water)  by fire) .

8 minutes ago, Gershom_young said:

"When one-third of mankind dies "  (not just one third of those infected),  " the remaining two thirds of mankind REFUSES to repent of worshiping demons" .....

This is more like an act of God,  eh ?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, Gershom_young said:

But to repeat, a few oldies dying in the Winter months of a cold doesn't count as an act of God by my definition, without further evidence (e.g. God telling us, I'm going to send a very mild pestilence which will strike down as many as die every year anyway).

Yikes,thats cold......Perhaps insurance companies or,well ,Im not sure who would call any sickness & disease an act of God,I wouldn't.....Of course I believe that God Has Allowed it (I guess that qualifies as an Act?)

I don't attribute any thing this dying,corrupt,decaying ,temporal world has to offer in the way of something that hurts any part of Gods Creation(including us)to my Loving ,Merciful,Compassionate,Father God    I do not know his Wrath,I never will,I wouldn't want to...so in a sense I do agree because when He does pour out those bowl sits gonna get reaaal ugly & this is nothing in comparison.....Yeah,I see what you are saying

Edited by kwikphilly
  • Thumbs Up 1