• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Sorry for tagging this off-topic item to this thread. It's relative, so seemingly worthy of mentioning. California's Governor Newsom has announced all schools within the state's system are officially closed for the remainder of this year's semester. Yep, looks like it's over.

No graduation ceremonies, no Spring proms either, nothing. I have no idea what the kids are thinking about this, or what it means for those expecting to enter college in the fall season will face at this point. President Trump's plan for normal resume by May 1st is not going to happen as he had wished.

Okay, back to the topic. No intent to derail the thread. I promised myself to try avoiding getting tangled into this, but since this subject has taken a good portion of the conversations and posts amongst one another, it does make some pretty strict limitations on me. I am running out of places to hang out.    

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, anynmsfmly said:

I have no idea how i would go about taking lessons online. Still seems dangerous. God bless.

I'm sure that it isn't easy, being so many online sources of internet education are questionable in how they stand recognized by reputation. Basically, does a diploma or degree from them really mean anything in the real world? Ratings may not indicate it due to typical website bias. I suppose a lot of discrepancy needs to be taken into consideration. All the best in your endeavors to seek and find. God bless you also.  

11 minutes ago, anynmsfmly said:

Beau, A re you still in the hospital ? ?

I'm in a nursing care facility. Here's a dire concern I just posted in Prayer Requests. 

22 minutes ago, anynmsfmly said:

Speaking of, I'm surprised therr isn't, Praying-hands, Emoji,................

There is this one = :th_praying:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, anynmsfmly said:

and are probably raising their kids to think it is perfectly, "OK", to own a "smart" phone,.....

I think it is okay to own a smartphone. :blink:   Just as long as you own the phone and it does not own you. :rofl:

• Haha 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I do NOT applaud the original poster. First of all, the government isn't trying to keep us from believing in Jesus or share the gospel with others or take care of family members or help our immediate neighbor's if necessary. The government is simply asking for the public's cooperation in helping to prevent the spreading of the virus to even more people. Large gatherings means that the odds of spreading the virus to even more people is greater.  This virus is a lot more serious than a simple cold.  This is a lower respiratory infection that literally has victims gasping for air, because it causes the chest to fill with fluid.  So even if your not sick from it, you can still give it to other people in a "meeting" who then within a few days time spread to 100 other people before they even have symptoms. 

We do not need to go out of our way, deliberately looking for problems or unpleasant events to prove who we are or that God is with us. To do just that is a glaring act of unbelief and that makes it sinful. Because what your doing is. . . putting the Lord to the test, to make a point that doesn't need to be made. (Deuteronomy 6 : 16) We don't need to prove to the world that God is with us and for us as Christians, because the world can already tell that we are Christians.

A good example of what I'm saying is. . . Satan after taking Jesus up to the highest point of the temple. “Jump off, God will protect you” after all, scriptures say, God will send his angels to protect you" Jesus said “Do not put the Lord your God to a foolish test” Jesus did not need to do it to prove who he was, or that the father was with him in this way. But if he had, it would have been a glaring act of unbelief instead.

Also, Jesus after being confronted by an angry mob that was ready to stone him, always walked away.  We don't read of him returning hours later, or the next day to try to convince the same crowd. He simply walked away and moved on to somewhere else. We don't see him looking for those angry mobs with  stones in their hands to prove that the father was with him. When they became violent towards him, he walked away.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

16 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I think it is okay to own a smartphone. :blink:   Just as long as you own the phone and it does not own you. :rofl:

I did make a notation on that sometime back.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

We should all give this two more weeks before we get hysterical. I’ll be the first at bat. But let’s pray and be patient for 2  weeks. 

• Well Said! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, vic66 said:

More than ever the preaching of the  gospel  needs to be heard

I think we wouldn't have to shut down churches or anything else if everyone prayed, I posted this in prayer, and contacted 2 churches today.

This next verse doesn't say we pray because we are righteous but because  of Gods great mercy.

Daniel chapter 9 verse 18
Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy.

I think we should call on atheists to pray and also the LGBT
If we're praying because of Gods great mercy, it doesn't matter what the persons sins are.

I think everyone who knows any pastors or anyone at all to organize a world wide week or month of prayer.

EVERYONE IS IN THIS TOGETHER.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

My smart phone is a tool...   used for communication, banking, information acquisition, news, photos for both business and pleasure...   the only thing that's addictive about it for me is WorthyChristianForums...  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1