warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Let me say upfront, if you don't want to participate ,then give the chance to those who wants to do so.  I know some would see this thread as planting fears ect., but that is not the case as there are many people who have thoughts about what societal changes that we may see in the future as a result of this.  Just sharing ideas, that's all. 

Ok, So we are in the midst of this crisis of worldwide proportions the is affecting everyone in the world right now. 

What changes or outcome do you think might be implemented as a result of all this social distancing and the rest.

I can see cash transactions truly being a thing of the past for one.   

The theme of working from home may get stuck with many employers and downsize of physical business may follow.

The medical field would be revolutionize in the name of getting ready for the next one

Many travel restrictions would be imposed and countries would take measures to make visiting more hectic, and mandate vaccinations ect.

Those are some of what I think.   I am sure there are many more that people have in their minds and have discussed with friends and families.  

Let's hear them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

Within the short term I'm interested in seeing how this affects Trumps approval ratings. They've gone up about 5 points since the virus started getting serious in the United States, a factor of the "Rally 'round the flag" effect. Within the next few weeks it'll be interesting to see if he's able to maintain that approval or if this is just a grace period before in plummets.

Within the long term I wonder how this will affect general hygiene practices among the population. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people leave the bathroom without washing their hands so seeing if there's any effect on that will be interesting.

I can see mail-in ballots becoming increasingly used. Not only can you vote from the comfort of your own home, but it also avoids the close lines that something like COVID could spread through. I think mail-in ballots are overall better anyways, so if this kick-starts their widespread adoption, I'm happy.

I can foresee Chinese relations worsening with the rest of the world over this. Within Iran, it'll be interesting to see how it affects their government over the long term.

The economic impact will be interesting to watch, how fast we bounce back from February 21st, or how long the recession goes until. It will also be interesting to see the effects of this on the Trump administration, and whether or not a 15-30% unemployment rate coupled with the ~30% drop in GDP will kill Trump's chances in the general election.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

Good post.

To most of what you have listed, I would say yes to in context of the short time following for sure. Not sure what the long term effects will be. I suppose like 911, this country will be changed going forward.

I am most interested in how this affects the church as a whole. I can say this for sure: Being under 'house quarantine' has made me more sympathetic towards my brothers & sisters who cannot attend church meetings regularly. Sure, I can listen to my church's live streams, but I sure miss face-to-face interaction with the people God has put me with. Caring for the hurting has been difficult as we have been separated from each other. Getting encouragement online is ok, but, pales in comparison to having people look me in the eyes and encourage me with a hand shake / hug and praying in person for each other.

Honestly, I don't know how those who cannot attend adapt to not having that in their lives. My heart goes out to them, and yes, I am learning to adapt.

I definitely have learned compassion for those who 'cannot' attend for various reasons. So, yes, I have been changed.  I hope it is for the better.

Anyway, that is my take on what you mentioned above . . .  Grace and Peace . . .  Ray . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

If ours and the world economy doesn't jump start... we could be destined for a one world revamp and monetary system...

That is a possibility as many countries, rich and poor would go in the red for the moneys spent to control this epidemic .

Also a lot of people would be in financial hardship.  What kind of jobs will  be available is companies don't have the capital and unable to get financing.   Have to wait and see.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Warrior

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

If ours and the world economy doesn't jump start... we could be destined for a one world revamp and monetary system...

I think if the long term doesn't change it dramatically it certainly is leading up to it,perhaps this will lessen the blow

I really believe our lives will never go back to the way they were prior to this event,its not going to be an over & done with thing,I think it might be a long haul.....perhaps like the race to the moon(I mentioned that  in another discussion) whoever gets the cure or vaccine might sit on top.....just thinking out loud:39::40:ouch'

I do hope many come to the Lord  but I kinda suspect they'll get worse-the worlds attention seems to be on science

With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, enoob57 said:

that was in the future for the US before the president decided to run for office....    and it is part of his job to oversee it...    and he's been talking about it since 1978....

If he does his job right we will make the transition with little disruption to US citizens....    If the progressives win out everyone will be devastated when the economy totally collapses...

• Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

At first I was a Wu-flu skeptic as to how bad things would be. No longer. Economic, military, political, religious, food and other supply chains and more are all being massively affected already.

I've long considered the global economy to have been Stalinized. To explain: when Stalin came to power in the Soviet Union, he began dividing up production facilities among the various Soviet states. For example, he would put a factory for all the tractor tires in one Soviet, all their engines in another, frames in another, etc. The purpose being to make all the states co-dependent, and therefore less likely to try to break away from the rest and go it alone. But when the Soviet Union's economy collapsed in the early 1990s, and all the states became independent, they suddenly had useless factories, severe shortages of many essentials (different ones in each state), and massive unemployment.

The global economy, I believe, is in a similar state. Can Humpty-Dumpty be put back together again in time? If not, then the resulting worldwide economic depression and accompanying civil disorder may rapidly lead us into the events of the End Times.

And then we would all get to test out all of our Rapture theories.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,473
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I don't understand how our debt based economy and spending has lasted this long? Right now 23 TRILLION dollars in government debt that can never be repaid. Another two TRILLION going out as free money. Where is this money coming from, the government has no money? This doesn't even consider private debt for loans, credit cards, mortgages, medical bills, etc. 

It's said, the US is the richest nation on earth. I beg to differ, we're the most indebted nation on earth that our grandchildren are inheriting. Our "growth" is measured and dependent on how much we borrow and spend. It's going to be interesting to see if the U.S. and / or the globe recovers from this economic disaster. I personally suspect there's going to be some major changes when all is said and done.

• Thumbs Up 3