• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1957

Hello all,

According to the opening verses of The Revelation, it is quite evident that John was shown things that were "at hand" to begin to take place (Rev. 1:1-3).  The Revelation is his record of what he saw, and he was told to send this, with specific messages, to the seven churches that were in Asia (Rev. 1:10-11), which he did (Rev. 2-3).  Just before he was shown what would be taking place, he is called up "in the spirit" to Heaven and allowed to behold God on His throne (Rev. 4).  John then tells of a book he saw in God's right hand, which was sealed with seven seals, and of an event that takes place in which the Lamb (Jesus Christ) alone is found worthy to have charge of it (Rev. 5).  The beginning of what was about to start taking place related to the opening of the seals of the Seven Sealed Book, a book that could rightly be entitled THE DAY OF THE LORD.  The seals of this book pertain to the post-apostolic era of the Church and what is slated to take place before the Day of the Lord will begin (Rev. 6-7).

In harmony with Scripture, and testified to by history, Christ opened the first four seals late in the first century, granting to Satan the certain liberties that he (Satan) has been given to continue the plying of his craft into and during the era of the Church, also known as the Church Age.  Satan would have absolutely no liberties otherwise.  These liberties are exercised by his henchmen, the four horsemen of the first four seals, and these horsemen have been riding down through the corridors of Church history even unto our day, doing just what they have been insatiably bent on doing.  Their activity is responsible for the things Jesus warned of in the opening of His Olivet Discourse, things that have characterized every century of the Christian era.  Let's look a little closer at the opening of the 1st Seal and its horseman.  Consider, from Revelation 6:

1952707776_picture6blackonwhite.png.dc4a88e3d5a16e9c06336e9f93ea7fc0.png

1   And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2   And I saw, and behold a white horse:  and he that sat on him had a bow;  and a crown was given unto him:  and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

A prevailing interpretation of this rider on the white horse is that he is a counterfeit and a deceiver or a false Christ.  Some believe this to be the Antichrist.  Thinking along these lines, it should not be too hard to envision this rider being akin to "that spirit of antichrist" that John spoke of in I John 4:1-3, of which he says, "and even now already is it in the world."  Paul spoke similarly to the Thessalonians, saying, "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work" (II Thess. 2:7a).

Now, notice Jesus' Olivet Discourse.  He began by informing His disciples (the pillars of His Church) that there would be deceivers and false Christs who would come.  From Matthew's account, in chapter 24, we read:

4   And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5   For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ;  and shall deceive many.

Jesus had warned His disciples of this several decades prior to John's receiving of The Revelation.  Taking into account these things with what history bears testimony to, it can be rightly suspected, and also concluded, that the underlying influence in the lives of the many deceivers and false Christs who have come on the scene since the time of the apostles has been the horseman of the 1st Seal.  This being the case, it is not difficult to trace his activity down through the corridors of Church history to this present time as the bow wielding force behind the movements that have arisen to conquer the truth with arrows of deception.  Isn't it mind-boggling how many differing religious movements and distortions of the truth there are in the world today?

Consider this:  How long has Christ's Bride warned of deceivers and false Christs and tried to teach the truth and sound doctrine, only to have so many of Her efforts rode roughshod  over by something?  Does it not seem to you that something out there is constantly on a bend to stamp out anything of truth and virtue that has to do with the true Christian faith?  We all know that ultimately, that something is Satan.  But, with the opening of the 1st Seal, we have this liberty of his revealed as being exercised by one of his henchmen, the rider on the white horse.  While it has not been necessary for the Bride to realize this in order to serve Her Bridegroom, I do believe it is necessary for a correct understanding of His Revelation to Her.  I think of the song we have so long sung, "We'll work, till Jesus comes, we'll work, till Jesus comes, we'll work, till Jesus comes, and we'll be gathered home."  We must continue Christ's work until He comes to gather us home.  Be assured, this horseman is going to keep trampling on the truth, recognized or not.

Following are threads that I have concerning the other seals:

The Second Seal and the Horseman on the Red Horse (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/250725-the-second-seal-and-the-horseman-on-the-red-horse/).

The Third Seal and the Horseman on the Black Horse (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/250748-the-third-seal-and-the-horseman-on-the-black-horse/).

The Fourth Seal and the Horseman on the Pale Horse (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/250832-the-fourth-seal-and-the-horseman-on-the-pale-horse/).

The Fifth Seal and the Cry of the Martyrs (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/250955-the-fifth-seal-and-the-cry-of-the-martyrs/).

Also, these threads concern A Totally Different Pre-Daniel's 70th Week Rapture Interpretation that I have.  Following is a link to my master thread by this title: (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/253935-a-totally-different-pre-daniels-70th-week-rapture-interpretation/).

Edited by not an echo
to reset illustration

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi not an echo,

God the Father said to His Son to sit at His right hand till He makes His enemies His footstool. (Ps. 110: 1) We are seeing that come to fulfilment in our time, the nations being brought together for the Son to judge them.

When the Lord comes for His Body we will then go to His throne and be part of that judgment. The scroll is symbolic of what will be judged. The horsemen reveal the Federations of man that are being brought to the Lord`s footstool for judgment.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, not an echo said:

In harmony with Scripture, and testified to by history, Christ opened the first four seals late in the first century,

The Gospel of Jesus Salvation is still given to nations, so how can it reach mankind if the 2nd seal is already opened and peace removed, people kill each other everywhere ??? How can people listen and seek and believe the Gospel in that kind of situation ?

• Group:  Diamond Member

On 4/3/2020 at 5:39 AM, R. Hartono said:
On 4/2/2020 at 11:09 PM, not an echo said:

In harmony with Scripture, and testified to by history, Christ opened the first four seals late in the first century,

The Gospel of Jesus Salvation is still given to nations, so how can it reach mankind if the 2nd seal is already opened and peace removed, people kill each other everywhere ??? How can people listen and seek and believe the Gospel in that kind of situation ?

Hello, R. Hartono,

I just started another thread titled, The Second Seal and the Horseman on the Red Horse (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/250725-the-second-seal-and-the-horseman-on-the-red-horse/).     

I believe my opening post there may answer your question.

Edited by not an echo
add link

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It is the Antichrist. He has a bow but no arrows. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 4/2/2020 at 11:09 PM, not an echo said:

According to the opening verses of The Revelation, it is quite evident that John was shown things that were "at hand" to begin to take place (Rev. 1:1-3).  The Revelation is his record of what he saw, and he was told to send this, with specific messages, to the seven churches that were in Asia (Rev. 1:10-11), which he did (Rev. 2-3).  Just before he was shown what would be taking place, he is called up "in the spirit" to Heaven and allowed to behold God on His throne (Rev. 4).  John then tells of a book he saw in God's right hand, which was sealed with seven seals, and of an event that takes place in which the Lamb (Jesus Christ) alone is found worthy to have charge of it (Rev. 5).  The beginning of what was about to start taking place related to the opening of the seals of the Seven Sealed Book, a book that could rightly be entitled THE DAY OF THE LORD.  The seals of this book pertain to the post-apostolic era of the Church and what is slated to take place before the Day of the Lord will begin (Rev. 6-7).

In harmony with Scripture, and testified to by history, Christ opened the first four seals late in the first century, granting to Satan the certain liberties that he (Satan) has been given to continue the plying of his craft into and during the era of Christianity (also known as the Church Age).  Satan would have absolutely no liberties otherwise.  These liberties are personified by the four horsemen of the first four seals, and these horsemen have been riding down through the corridors of the Christian era even unto our day, doing just what they have been insatiably bent on doing.  Their activity is responsible for the things Jesus warned of in the opening of His Olivet Discourse, things that have characterized every century of the Christian era.  Let's look a little closer at the opening of the 1st Seal and its horseman.  Consider, from Revelation 6:

1   And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2   And I saw, and behold a white horse:  and he that sat on him had a bow;  and a crown was given unto him:  and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

A prevailing interpretation of this rider on the white horse is that he is a counterfeit and a deceiver or a false Christ.  Some believe this to be the Antichrist.  Thinking along these lines, it should not be too hard to envision this rider being akin to "that spirit of antichrist" that John spoke of in I John 4:1-3, of which he says, "and even now already is it in the world."  Paul spoke similarly to the Thessalonians, saying, "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work" (II Thess. 2:7a).

Now, notice Jesus' Olivet Discourse.  He began by informing His disciples (the pillars of His Church) that there would be deceivers and false Christs who would come.  From Matthew's account, in chapter 24, we read:

4   And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5   For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ;  and shall deceive many.

Jesus had warned His disciples of this several decades prior to John's receiving of The Revelation.  Taking into account these things with what history bears testimony to, it can be rightly suspected and concluded as well that the underlying influence in the lives of the many deceivers and false Christ's who have come on the scene since the time of the apostles has been the horseman of the 1st Seal.  This being the case, it is not difficult to trace his activity down through the corridors of Church history to this present time as the bow wielding force behind the movements that have arisen to conquer the truth with arrows of deception.  Isn't it mind-boggling how many differing religious movements and distortions of the truth there are in the world today?

Consider this:  How long has Christ's Bride warned of deceivers and false Christs and tried to teach the truth and sound doctrine, only to have so many of Her efforts rode roughshod over by something?  Does it not seem to you that something out there is constantly on a bend to stamp out anything of truth and virtue that has to do with the true Christian faith?  We all know that ultimately, that something is Satan.  But, with the opening of the 1st Seal, we have this activity of his personified by the rider on the white horse.  While it has not been necessary for the Bride to realize this in order to serve Her Bridegroom, I do believe it is necessary for a correct understanding of His Revelation to Her.  I think of the song we have so long sung, "We'll work, till Jesus comes, we'll work, till Jesus comes, we'll work, till Jesus comes, and we'll be gathered home."  We must continue Christ's work until He comes to gather us home.  Be assured, this horseman is going to keep trampling on the truth, recognized or not. 

No......nothing is/was at hand.

All 7 Seals have to be opened before the Scroll can be read at all. 

So the Middle of the week, or Judgments start with the 7 Trumps. The Seals are just Prophetic utterance's by Jesus of WHATS COMING during the DOTL. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

No......nothing is/was at hand.

Revelation Man, you are in serious conflict with the first three verses of The Revelation---THE FOUNDATION.

All 7 Seals have to be opened before the Scroll can be read at all.

No, all seven seals have to be opened before the contents of the book, or scroll, can be read at all.

So the Middle of the week, or Judgments start with the 7 Trumps. The Seals are just Prophetic utterance's by Jesus of WHATS COMING during the DOTL. 

No, the middle of the week starts with the sounding of the 7th Trumpet in Revelation 11:15.  Very fittingly, none of the week starts until after the "little book" (Rev. 10) is opened, which is the little book of Daniel (Dan. 12:4, 8-10).  Just prior to this, the world's stage will be reset for the fulfilling of Daniel's 70th Week.  It is only as chapter 11 opens that anything is even mentioned about this week.  In Revelation 11:1, it is the A of D that is being worshipped as God in "the temple of God" (compare with both Matt. 24:15 and II Thess. 2:4).  Then, there is the first mentioning of the two 3-1/2 year times frames of the week (Rev. 11:2-3).

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, not an echo said:

Revelation Man, you are in serious conflict with the first three verses of The Revelation---THE FOUNDATION.

No, all seven seals have to be opened before the contents of the book, or scroll, can be read at all.

No, the middle of the week starts with the sounding of the 7th Trumpet in Revelation 11:15.  Very fittingly, none of the week starts until after the "little book" (Rev. 10) is opened, which is the little book of Daniel (Dan. 12:4, 8-10).  Just prior to this, the world's stage will be reset for the fulfilling of Daniel's 70th Week.  It is only as chapter 11 opens that anything is even mentioned about this week.  In Revelation 11:1, it is the A of D that is being worshipped as God in "the temple of God" (compare with both Matt. 24:15 and II Thess. 2:4).  Then, there is the first mentioning of the two 3-1/2 year times frames of the week (Rev. 11:2-3).

No, you are the one who thinks the Seals are opened, which basically is WAY OUT THERE. 

7 hours ago, Revelation Man said:
8 hours ago, not an echo said:

No, you are the one who thinks the Seals are opened, which basically is WAY OUT THERE. 

Hello Revelation Man (and all),

I can truly understand why you might feel this way.  I hope in time you will begin to see more and more that what I am saying is not "WAY OUT THERE" at all, except in relation to the popular views.

Also, in harmony with the evidence of Scripture and the testimony of history, the 6th and 7th Seals have certainly not been opened.  However, as the reality of the time of the rapture draws nearer and nearer, the likelihood of the 5th Seal being opened increases, and, because Jesus could come for us at any time, it could be opened now.  Personally, I believe it is.  I am thinking of starting a new thread relating to it in a day or two.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Not an echo ... regarding the interpretation of the Book of Revelation, would you be a futurist, partial preterist or an historicist?