IGNORED

How much shaking will it take for His own to finally get it?

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

I fear a lot more. We are entrenched in our traditions, our opinions, our pet doctrines, our self love, and yet in the midst of the first serious birth  pang, one thing is noticeably missing. Brokenness, repentance and hunger for the HOW of abiding in Him. 

We have protected ourselves with sll sorts of reasonings and excuses as to why it is actually impossible to truly abide in Him in victory, where we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. We have been told it is impossible, We have been lied to. Up till now, our will for us is simply not His will for us, and therein lies the problem. 

What is His will for us? It is clearly stated, if we have ears to hear. 

"For this is is the will of God, even your sanctification."

1 Thessalonians 4:3

Is this your will for you? Is this your focus? Is this your treasure? up till now, for most, it is not. Our path to walk in holiness is littered with scriptures taken out of context that seem to buffer us from the still small voice of God dealing with us, gently exhorting us that our will MUST become His will for us. 

The time is short. The shakings are about to increase. God's voice will become louder,  more forceful, less gentle. We need to "awake to righteousness and sin not". If we do not know how to do this, then we need to be found on our knees crying out to our Heavenly Father as to the HOW of holiness, where we actually are kept by the power of God through faith. 

There is an answer, but it will be found only by broken-hearted believers, confessing their sin of trying to be content without godliness. Our God wants to shine forth through us, but He cannot.... will not.... until we bow our will to His and admit our deep need for abiding in Him all day, every day. 

When we do that, God will move in a way that will take our breath away. However, we must be aware,  until we do that, humble ourselves and pray, and turn from our wicked ways, God will ratchet up the. pressure and the shakings. till they bring forth their desired effects. 

People will say  defiantly "What sins?". It should be clear to us but it is not... yet. Our sin.... our root sin.... the one from which all the other sins are birthed.... is unbelief. We have limited the Holy One by our unbelief in His promises.

He has promised to cause us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

He has promised our shields of faith will quench ALL the fiery arrows of the devil. 

He has promised to not allow us to be tempted above our ability to resist

He has promised to keep us from falling.

He has promised to make us free indeed, using HIS definition of what that means.

And yet, for each one of these amazing promises, we have strewn our path to full repentance and belief in the truth with excuses of our humanity, and our lingering fallen nature. There lies the problem, and there lies the solution. We must somehow escape our fallen nature. And to those who cry out as wretched men like Paul did in Romans 7, the doors to 8, victory over the world, the flesh and the devil, will be abundantly opened wide. 

But for those content to remain where they are and  cry "I am only human. Grace allows me to stay this way!", the ratcheting up will increase until the pressure is simply  unbearable. A choice WILL be made . Our will or His for us, and there will be no exceptions.  ALL His sheep WILL hear His voice, even those who are hard of hearing. Thank God He loves us that much. 

blessings, 

Gids

Edited by Gideon
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3
  • Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

38 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I fear a lot more. We are entrenched in our traditions, our opinions, our pet doctrines, our self love,

You seem to be describing yourself.

Maybe you should try another topic.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

The kingdom of God is not found in religious buildings, but in the hearts that forgive n share happiness.

Most people praise God in religious places, n share their curses only with their neighbours.

They don't feed their poor relative howbeit they Will feed poor Lazarus in front of their rich houses, they only share God's word for free but not even use  fingers to help carrying Aids for the needy. Like those hypocrites pharisees uttering Godly verses while swallowing houses of orphans n widows, money is their goal. Abusing the junk tithe to rob people.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,195
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

Hi Gids, hope all things are Christ in and with you... If I might push something you brought forth...

I know you are on solid scriptural ground when you put forth that unbelief is the biggest problem in our hearts. Yours, mine, all of our hearts. I would like to ask the question of why? Why is unbelief such an issue? We all know Gods promises are solid and true. We know He has given us all things in Christ.. We all know He loves us with all of His heart..But still unbelief is an issue. Why?

As you brought forth correctly, it has to be we don’t yet see our need of Him. We see our need of Him, but not to the degree of need where it frees His hand to be manifested in us more than we are manifested in us.. I know in my life those times and moments where I lean a little more, harder, deeper..  When and where I’m forced by circumstances to draw from Him a little deeper these are the times of refreshing and growth... Having learned the no hope in me and all from Him by the hearing of the ear. Having it brought to life by experience is a daily work. Each time I reckon myself a little deeper dead He has never failed to see me through. Whether it was unrighteousness  manifested through my ignorance or the deep calling unto the deep. Once I take and maintain  my place on the cross with Him by faith....The only phrase from scripture that describes is “but God”. 

So our life’s may be this, or they may be that, but God...That our dependence on Him would be so great that our hearts would cry out, but God..

Blessings Gids and all, as we turn the faith of our hearts to Him, as the more dependent on Him we become, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

I fear a lot more. We are entrenched in our traditions, our opinions, our pet doctrines, our self love, and yet in the midst of the first serious birth  pang, one thing is noticeably missing. Brokenness, repentance and hunger for the HOW of abiding in Him. 

We have protected ourselves with sll sorts of reasonings and excuses as to why it is actually impossible to truly abide in Him in victory, where we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. We have been told it is impossible, We have been lied to. Up till now, our will for us is simply not His will for us, and therein lies the problem. 

What is His will for us? It is clearly stated, if we have ears to hear. 

"For this is is the will of God, even your sanctification."

1 Thessalonians 4:3

Is this your will for you? Is this your focus? Is this your treasure? up till now, for most, it is not. Our path to walk in holiness is littered with scriptures taken out of context that seem to buffer us from the still small voice of God dealing with us, gently exhorting us that our will MUST become His will for us. 

The time is short. The shakings are about to increase. God's voice will become louder,  more forceful, less gentle. We need to "awake to righteousness and sin not". If we do not know how to do this, then we need to be found on our knees crying out to our Heavenly Father as to the HOW of holiness, where we actually are kept by the power of God through faith. 

There is an answer, but it will be found only by broken-hearted believers, confessing their sin of trying to be content without godliness. Our God wants to shine forth through us, but He cannot.... will not.... until we bow our will to His and admit our deep need for abiding in Him all day, every day. 

When we do that, God will move in a way that will take our breath away. However, we must be aware,  until we do that, humble ourselves and pray, and turn from our wicked ways, God will ratchet up the. pressure and the shakings. till they bring forth their desired effects. 

People will say  defiantly "What sins?". It should be clear to us but it is not... yet. Our sin.... our root sin.... the one from which all the other sins are birthed.... is unbelief. We have limited the Holy One by our unbelief in His promises.

He has promised to cause us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

He has promised our shields of faith will quench ALL the fiery arrows of the devil. 

He has promised to not allow us to be tempted above our ability to resist

He has promised to keep us from falling.

He has promised to make us free indeed, using HIS definition of what that means.

And yet, for each one of these amazing promises, we have strewn our path to full repentance and belief in the truth with excuses of our humanity, and our lingering fallen nature. There lies the problem, and there lies the solution. We must somehow escape our fallen nature. And to those who cry out as wretched men like Paul did in Romans 7, the doors to 8, victory over the world, the flesh and the devil, will be abundantly opened wide. 

But for those content to remain where they are and  cry "I am only human. Grace allows me to stay this way!", the ratcheting up will increase until the pressure is simply  unbearable. A choice WILL be made . Our will or His for us, and there will be no exceptions.  ALL His sheep WILL hear His voice, even those who are hard of hearing. Thank God He loves us that much. 

blessings, 

Gids

But for those content to remain where they are and  cry "I am only human. Grace allows me to stay this way!", the ratcheting up will increase until the pressure is simply  unbearable.

Another false accusation regarding Grace by someone who does not understand it. Trusting in the Grace of God insures that I get His Spirit which guarantees I will not “ stay this way”. God has Promised to “ finish the work that  “ HE”  started........you either REST in His Promises ( THAT is what Faith is) or you don’t.The Pity is that most don’t even know what the Promises Of God are—- that is the price you pay when you fail to “ rightly divide” the Word Of God...... 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey :) " fear a lot more. "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." we know God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Now.. if God fear.. then yes amen.. respect, honor.. so forth so on I have for Him. But no fear... as in mans meaning.

There seems to be some group you keep targeting. And "GRACE" seems to in that. You seem to differ on what some other believes/followers of Christ believe. My problem is this.. why are you right and they are wrong? Seen you in other forums (Christian). Other then that.. forgive me your no one. For me you words are wonderful to hear yet.. you alone have no weight. Gods word is not of any private interpretation. Forgive me many times like now you speak as if your right and others that differ are wrong. One of the things I just loved and admired about the late "chuck missler" is he would say "don't believe me. You go on your own you find this.. you search it out and pray about it". Why I always try to say "for me". Well my personally understanding of Gods words is ME 1st then God. Not they way it works.

To seek God be holy as He is.. repent.. so forth so on... praise GOD amen I agree. God always always always confirms His word. Thats why in Gods word you can find it written again some where else. This will be the third time I am coming to you. “By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.”

Not sure about this "shacking" your talking about. I know the word talks about one.. this surly as I read and understand is not it. One has to look at the other.. to walk boldly before Him.. to right now be seated in heavenly places... as far as I can remember.. He has never once said no.. kicked me out. Well no SIN what so ever can enter there.

So again how do you see your self? IS there a flesh and a spirit.. the new man? The new man can't sin..ever. The flesh has sin in it.. not changed yet. This is meat. Its not "free to sin/grace only". Some only see hear feel. So then.. when they sin.. its them nothing else. This is true yet not. Not how God see us. He sees us through what Christ already did. How many time are we going to the alter to repent for a SIN He already died for? How many times is the enemy getting the victory here? NOT saying we don't need to repent. Just be CLEAR when using the word "WE/US?" Sometimes just sometimes we believe God is talking to all...yet.. its just you/me

Thank you for this.. really. To always thinking hearing praying.. living for Him.. I die daily so HE can live. It points to Christ.. gives glory To him! AMEN my brother

12 minutes ago, Not me said:

Hi Gids, hope all things are Christ in and with you... If I might push something you brought forth...

I know you are on solid scriptural ground when you put forth that unbelief is the biggest problem in our hearts. Yours, mine, all of our hearts. I would like to ask the question of why? Why is unbelief such an issue? We all know Gods promises are solid and true. We know He has given us all things in Christ.. We all know He loves us with all of His heart..But still unbelief is an issue. Why?

As you brought forth correctly, it has to be we don’t yet see our need of Him. We see our need of Him, but not to the degree of need where it frees His hand to be manifested in us more than we are manifested in us.. I know in my life those times and moments where I lean a little more, harder, deeper..  When and where I’m forced by circumstances to draw from Him a little deeper these are the times of refreshing and growth... Having learned the no hope in me and all from Him by the hearing of the ear. Having it brought to life by experience is a daily work. Each time I reckon myself a little deeper dead He has never failed to see me through. Whether it was unrighteousness  manifested through my ignorance or the deep calling unto the deep. Once I take and maintain  my place on the cross with Him by faith....The only phrase from scripture that describes is “but God”. 

So our life’s may be this, or they may be that, but God...That our dependence on Him would be so great that our hearts would cry out, but God..

Blessings Gids and all, as we turn the faith of our hearts to Him, as the more dependent on Him we become, Not me 

Hello, my dear friend and fellow laborer, 

I think a large part of it is simply the time period we have been brought up in. How different it is than for those in tbe early phase of the first century church. 

Want a good example of the difference? We have to look no further than Ananias and. Saphira. These people sold a piece of land and gave a part of the proceeds to the church to distribute to the necessity of the saints. Rhey did nothing wrong in this. It was their property to do with as they saw fit, amen?

But many were selling theirs in a similar fashion and giving all the proceeds to the ministry. Pride fueled by self will drove them to lie to the Holy Spirit. That was the sin. It cost them dearly. 

Now if we are honest, how many of us would be comfortable if that same measure was applied to our motives today? Lol, I think I would play sick that Sunday morning. How about you? You see, the church then was AWAKE. It was alive, flowing with the Spirit of God. Faith, not unbelief, was the order of the day. When a man got saved then, the full cost of that decision was understood right from the beginning., and willingly paid. 

Fast forward to what we have all been a part of in the church today. It is a different time. We have the light, but it is flickering at best. We are dry bones of truth, healed, but only slightly. We have not truly understood the cost of being  a follower of the Lord Jesus, and thus, any proddings to pay it is seen as being legalistic, when the sad truth is, because we have been unwilling tp pay it, we have received only as much back as we are willing to pay.  Thus, we have robbed ourselves of the riches of the promises, and for the most part, we are ignorant of our birthright, a walk of joyful overcoming as we walk abiding in Christ all day long. 

As the last of the early rain fell after the death of Paul, the long hot summer replaced it.... nineteen hundred years of it. Ugh. But there was foretold there would arise a generation of God's children before the return of Christ who would awake to God's call, to His truths, and to the promises that He has given to any who would fully believe. And just as with the early church, the Spirit would be outpoured on all who hunger for God... and His righteousness. 

Brother, with my whole heart, I know we are that generation. As the shakings occur and grow in intensity, they will send the world searching for  the security of the one promising to fix it all, who will be the anti-Christ. But praise God, the shakings will also awaken a very sleepy bride to her calling to walk radiantly in preparation to meet her soon-coming husband. 

We, myself at the forefront, stumble even as we learn the truths of who we really are.... new creatures! Our shields of faith are small, and we waver at times. Is our Heavenly Father disappointed with us? Never! He is like a doting father watching his toddler learning to walk. And IF... not when, but IF we stumble, I am convinced by the Lord that He claps His hands in delight as to how far we came before we slipped and He gently encourages us and tells us to get up again, and to believe again, because in order for our faith to grow, He knows it must be exercised. 

The first rumblings of the latter rain can be seen on the horizon. Just as surely as the early church turned the whole world upside down,  just as surely as men would exclaim "Behold how they love one another!", that same result WILL be seen in His own saints in the days to come. Praise God, WE are those saints! Glory!  

Like a motor that has been sitting inactive for years that may sputter and spit a bit when it is first started before it finely begins little by little to roar with the horse power as it was designed to do, so shall we, both individually as well as corporately. 

Hard days are ahead,  no doubt. But all this is according to God's plan, both for the world as well as for His bride. It is time we realized we are not our own, we have been bought with a price. Losing our life, yielding our beloved  free will up to be replaced by His will ruling and reigning over us is not to be feared, as the devil has tried to convince us. It is rather the pathway to true joy, peace and safety, and we are about to learn the depth of the meaning of "the glorious liberty of the children of God".  We ARE new creatures. It is not easy to believe when we have been taught we are just unworthy worms,lol. But God is about to transform us into spiritual butterflies. Prepare to be amazed. 

blessings, 

Gideon

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, TheBlade said:

Hey :) " fear a lot more. "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." we know God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Now.. if God fear.. then yes amen.. respect, honor.. so forth so on I have for Him. But no fear... as in mans meaning.

There seems to be some group you keep targeting. And "GRACE" seems to in that. You seem to differ on what some other believes/followers of Christ believe. My problem is this.. why are you right and they are wrong? Seen you in other forums (Christian). Other then that.. forgive me your no one. For me you words are wonderful to hear yet.. you alone have no weight. Gods word is not of any private interpretation. Forgive me many times like now you speak as if your right and others that differ are wrong. One of the things I just loved and admired about the late "chuck missler" is he would say "don't believe me. You go on your own you find this.. you search it out and pray about it". Why I always try to say "for me". Well my personally understanding of Gods words is ME 1st then God. Not they way it works.

To seek God be holy as He is.. repent.. so forth so on... praise GOD amen I agree. God always always always confirms His word. Thats why in Gods word you can find it written again some where else. This will be the third time I am coming to you. “By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.”

Not sure about this "shacking" your talking about. I know the word talks about one.. this surly as I read and understand is not it. One has to look at the other.. to walk boldly before Him.. to right now be seated in heavenly places... as far as I can remember.. He has never once said no.. kicked me out. Well no SIN what so ever can enter there.

So again how do you see your self? IS there a flesh and a spirit.. the new man? The new man can't sin..ever. The flesh has sin in it.. not changed yet. This is meat. Its not "free to sin/grace only". Some only see hear feel. So then.. when they sin.. its them nothing else. This is true yet not. Not how God see us. He sees us through what Christ already did. How many time are we going to the alter to repent for a SIN He already died for? How many times is the enemy getting the victory here? NOT saying we don't need to repent. Just be CLEAR when using the word "WE/US?" Sometimes just sometimes we believe God is talking to all...yet.. its just you/me

Thank you for this.. really. To always thinking hearing praying.. living for Him.. I die daily so HE can live. It points to Christ.. gives glory To him! AMEN my brother

You are quite right. I am no one. For whatever reason, God knows, and I do not,  He awakened me to the truth  of who we are in Christ.... new creatures who can stare down the devil,  and as well, the truth that it will not  profit us until we actually mix it with faith and claim those natures as ours. 

This is the act of reckoning ourselves as dead. We do not "die daily" for if that were the case, we could never walk as new natured saints nor yield ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead. (and before any  shouts "Heresy!", lol, when Paul said that, he was simply referring to the dangers he faced as an apostle every single day, and then listed them)

We can know this with our heads, but satan cares nothing about that. Ah, but when we embrace with our hearts that the truth of who we really are  is Our truth, OUR possession,  satan takes a big step back. He knows he now as a formidable adversary. 

I am simply doing as the Lord directed me to do,  share with any who will listen. On doing so, I am well aware that some  will think I judge. I do not. Some will think me crazy, lol, and that is certainly a possibility. But what I share is the truth, and backed up by scriptures. 

None has to give an ear to what I share, and that includes you, my dear brother. Hey, up till now, none have, lol. If I was to judge my 'success' based upon rhe fruits of my labor so far, I would be the first to say "Well, what do you expect? You are no one." But nevertheless, God has assured me that He is going to cause seeds sown to germinate and grow. Why? Because  i am such an expert seed sower? LOL. Ha! Not a chance.  Why rhen? Because the seed is good seed and He is a GREAT husbandman. Glory! 

blessings, 

Gids

Edited by Gideon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I fully realize some will not take kindly to what I am sharing and conveniently resort to disparaging the messenger. I understand, for if what I am sharing is the truth, that means we have not yet dug deep and that if a strong shaking occurs, collapse is a distinct possibility. 

It amazes me that something so wonderful can be shared and can be cast off as refuse. I pray at some point that any who fall into this category reconsider. Jesus has clearly offered  to set us free indeed and then proceeded to define it as not committing sin. 

Our salvation is a two part process. Christ's death offers us forgiveness. Christ's resurrection offers to cleanse us of all unrighteousness. We love the first part, for here we do not have to hate our life. Ahh, but the second part is a different story. We like the freedom of choice our free will affords us. Giving it up because we hate the part of us that is the traitor? Hmmmm, not so much. 

Is it any wonder we are healed only slightly? We have been left to try to "be good Christians" and rhere is no joy, no rest found there. God has something far better for us, but who will believe it?  Up til now, not many, lol. But God has assured me that will change, so I guess I will continue to fling seed as best I can. ?

blessings to all,

Gideon

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Who is "We"? 

• Thanks 1