JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  5

If one is too timid to do personal Witnessing, the best move is to find somebody that you know is winning Souls  and support that person financially .....you will share in his Heavenly Rewards......

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,285
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

This is Worthy Christian forum right?
That means, born again Christians, who have believed by faith in Jesus Christ, and are saved.
You know enough to be saved, so,  just tell what you do know. It was enough for you.

Any/every born again believer in Jesus Christ knows enough to be a soul winner.
If you don't, you have never been saved.
It's not about talent or experience, being shy or bold, or a bible scholar.
It's about being willing, Godly courage,  and not being ashamed.
Many cannot testify to that which they have never experienced. Can you?
Think about it. Would you bust a door down to pull out a child from a burning home on fire?
Why can't you draw up enough courage to share the good news to those destined to eternal fire?  However timid.
Ask God to send someone to you, to share the good news, and he will.  Trust that.
If you are willing.
It was a faithful to God totally unknown stranger that told me about Jesus Christ, and salvation.
And someone had the courage and took the time to tell everybody else here also.
Why would anybody not want to shout the good news.
To the lost and dying world.
Like you and I were......

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I think the last part of your post is the key.  Jas 1:22 says to be doers of the word, and not just hearers.  I think that could be expanded to being doers of the word and not just hearers or speakers of the word.

People are drawn to Christian behavior, regardless of their current beliefs.  It opens the door.  Kindness and love are magnetic.  People are drawn to it.  Over time (often a very short time), they will ask you about yourself.  And I rarely miss the opportunity to tell them that Jesus is the center of my life, and nothing good comes from me unless it actually comes from him.  Now a seed is planted, and supported by my behavior.

Everyone's different.  Extroverts will be very enthusiastic.  People like me will be more quiet, patient, and sincere.  There are different personalities and gifts inside the church that work together to strengthen the church.  The same is true for the outreach of church members to non-believers.  Two things are essential for all evangelists though.  They must focus on Christ and his word.  And they must behave in a Christlike manner themselves.  Actions may not be stronger than words or the movement of the Spirit in evangelism, but they are very important.  They display commitment to Christ as well as the joy and peace it brings.

There are always obstacles that will arise.  Here's how I handle some of them:

Anyone can be saved.  God knows everyone's fate, but I don't.  There is no entrance exam that anyone but God knows.  People often tell me, I'm not good enough, or not from a Christian background.  I tell them Jesus takes people as they are and then gives them the strength to overcome any obstacles.  Let Jesus do the work on the heart.

Some people tell me the Christian lifestyle is too hard.  I tell them that following the teachings of Jesus will make them happier with themselves and others.  There are no sacrifices or rituals necessary.  Just love.  And love works.

Some people say that "science" and evolution are just too overwhelming, and they just can't have faith in God.  If they really want to discuss it, I systematically dismantle the theory of evolution for them.  But usually, I just tell them it takes far more faith to believe in matter suddenly appearing from nothing, organizing itself into highly specialized structures from subatomic through interstellar, and then actually becoming living organisms.  And all of this high level organization through randomness and purposelessness?  I then usually tell them that they have more faith than me.  It takes more faith to believe in the god of random and impossible accidents, than it does to believe in Jesus.  And unlike random accidents, Jesus actually loves us.  The world and universe also didn't need to beautiful to be functional.  Mountains, streams, forests, stars, etc. are beautiful because God is beautiful.  The artistry of God comes from love.

There are other things that will come up.  But when people are afraid to give up worldliness for something they view as restrictive or unscientific, or whatever, it's important to emphasize, that happiness in this life and certainly the next is increased rather than diminished by loving Jesus and following his teachings.

I never go hellfire and brimstone on people.  Love is the most powerful thing in the universe.  Fear is a cancer.  I never give the attitude that the church is an exclusive club.  If you're introducing people to Jesus, you need to be open and inviting yourself.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Gideon said:

Brother, are you stalking me? LOL. I must admit, the fact that what I am sharing is  getting under your skin tells me you sre finding "kicking against the pricks" quite  bothersome. I have high hopes for you, my dear brother. 

blessings, 

Gidepn

You feel that you are being stalked if someone responds to you on a public Christian Forum ?   That is how you think?

Thats an odd frame of mind you have, considering you are on a public forum where the idea is to "call and respond" and share .

Do you not realize this @Gideon ?

Do you now?

Perhaps you can think about that more before you respond to me again with another ridiculous statement?

So, as i was saying.....  Witnessing is THE Tool we have as provided by God which allows us to do His perfect WILL =  be an outpouring Vessel of LIGHT regarding sharing the Love of God for the benefit of the lost.

Consider that the Lord gave us His very words, and so WE are to also give out His words, in Love.

This is "witnessing".   Its simply sharing the Love of God, in deed and thru words, as "faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God"...that we share...

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Assured certainty in why you believe what you believe goes a long way in witnessing.

But!

Also beware people who are thoroughly convinced what they believe is true (even if wrong / unbiblical)

can come across just as assuredly certain.

The baker at Marie Calendar's made a Coconut Cream pie that we bought and brought home salivating in

anticipation of its tasty sweetness only to find he confused the salt with the sugar. Now he sincerely believed

he was putting however many scoops of sugar into the pie mixture (but it was salt). The cashier sincerely believed

the pie was good (as did we until we tasted it).

We were all sincerely wrong.

So beware of this.

But my initial point was you have to sell what you are pitching (in this case the Gospel).

If you are cowardly, uncertain, not really too sure about what you are selling...

no one will buy it. They will oftentimes use this as a means to "stick a few pins" in you... where you doubt even more what

you were not so sure of in the first place.

Get grounded in the WORD!

KNOW why you believe what you believe.

Then...

God get 'em!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

never be afraid to share your faith in a nonjudgemental way set a Christ like example for others :)  & yes be kind & gentle :)  if somebody asks you can share what you believe with them :) 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If one is too timid to do personal Witnessing, the best move is to find somebody that you know is winning Souls  and support that person financially .....you will share in his Heavenly Rewards......

As paul once said ,  pray that utterance may be given that i may BODLY speak as i ought .       ITS ONLY A PRAYER AWAY .   and by all means SUPPORT the TRUE ones who do the true evanglezing as well .  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 minutes ago, shortangel said:

never be afraid to share your faith in a nonjudgemental way set a Christ like example for others :)  & yes be kind & gentle :)  if somebody asks you can share what you believe with them :) 

kind of like how stephen shared his faith in a non judgmental way ,   YE hyprocrites ,      ITS NOT JUDGING to warn a soul .      Just friendly reminding us .     

Look at how stephen expounded in the doctrine to shew and prove JESUS was Christ , THEN notice how he rebuked them very sharp for not doing so , for just as their fathers they resist the holy ghost .

Then notice how even at the end stephen still prayed LORD forgive them .

Wow .   it sounds like stephen sure did have the Holy Spirit .  because i recognize this pattern ,  IN JESUS HIMSELF .   he always rebuked , always correcteed and quite sharply at times 

And He even as he drew nigh his last breath too said , FATHER FORGIVE THEM .  

I suggest we learn HIM , and the apostels way of witnessing ,  IN the bible , quite well .   unless we become so NON JUDGMENTAL we end up warning none .     Now how bout a hearty PRAISE to KING .

And let me leave us with another wonderful BIBLCAL reminder .   SAVE SOME with compassion , making a difference , save others through fear ,hating even the garment SPOTTED by the flesh .  

The SPIRIT will give us the words .  WORRY not what to say ,     HE will give us a mouth .   And do let us pray that utterance may be given that all may speak Bodly as they ought too .     As paul twice wrote two groups 

and asked for .      MAN ,     dont you just love the bible .     Sure is a beautiful reminder ..............isnt it .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings....

I've always been an extrovert,from when I was very very young I've shown horses,danced, sang on stage and "performed" so it's never been difficult for me to have an audience,in fact I'm quite comfortable with it....so "witnessing"is probably the easiest part for me personally,is it what is most effective,I don't believe so..I believe walking the walk is much more effective(imo & in my own life)

For me I had much to learn from the very start in this particular area,I had to learn the difference of walking my walk in Spirit& in Truth & "performing" in the flesh...it wasn't easy but the results were obvious,there was the "good show" and then there was the move of Holy Spirit when I "self/pride/vanity" would step aside-none of this improved because of self effort but it happened over time as I was more focused on MY Relationship with God in Christ,my eyes on Jesus & not on myself.....

These days I'm usually approached & hear the same thing most the time "Why are you always so happy,,so positive,so peaceful?" Its the words I long to hear whenever I step out the door"I want what you have"......that makes my day & then I just share that Jesus is the Reason and thats no act,thats what makes my heart Fill with Great Joy.....So you don't have to be an extrovert,God Will Do whatever you cannot when you just seek Him Continually,digest His Word.pray and keep your eyes fixed on Jesus!Holy Spirit Raised Jesus from the dead,He LIVES in you-He Will Speak through you,He Will Soften hearts around you,open deaf ears& blind eyes,TRUST GOD                                                    With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,608
  • Content Per Day:  3.91
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, TruthDefender said:

Fear of Witnessing is an indication of a Weak Faith and/or a lack of holy spirit....

What a wonderful way to encourage believers...

• Well Said! 1