IGNORED

By This Shall All Men Know That You Know Me, By the Love You Have One For Another

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Actually Gideon, it makes no sense at all.

I asked if you are willing to walk through some thoughts with me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 4/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, Behold said:

As long as you are not "struggling" because you are trying to keep yourself saved, then thats one thing., as the discipleship that follows being born again, is a daily denial of self, etc.

If you are struggling  because you think that you have to do this till you die, so that God will let you into heaven in the end, then you are trying to save yourself, and Jesus is not being Trusted.

I didn't go through this thread, but did glean the above brief message. These were things that became problematic for me as a young believer in Christ and it was a struggle. Thanks for posting this. It says a lot about faith as a Christian. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus speaking—- Those That come to me ALREADY HAVE Eternal Life and will NEVER come under Condemnation.....

God  clearly put the Onus upon himself to see to it that we “ Endure”.......I don’t give a rat’s patootie what the “ requirement” is .....I don’t care what the “demand” is.......If one has Rested in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing, That person has the Indwelling Spirit Of God in Him and it is the job of that Spirit to “ FINISH the job that GOD STARTED! Some people are about 99% there, but they just can’t let go of that final “ rung” to give Jesus ALL the credit.Those people lack faith and don’t understand those of us that do.I hope they pray to God that they will learn to REST in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing Before they kick the bucket, lest they die in a state of  “Unbelief”—— that’s God’s description—- not mine.......Heb 3 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Flowersun said:

Hi Gideon...i don't understand." If you slip up,repent and believe again".....what do you mean by,believe again?

How do we resist temptation? We hold up the shield of faith that we are new creatures. Not " are becoming new creatures". ARE RIGHT NOW. it is this faith that thwarts satans' temptations for God has told us that:

a) He will not  allow us to be tempted more than our ability to resist

and

b) He will make a way of escape so that we will not fall.

By truly believing this to be OUR truth, we find  that to our delight and amazement, we actually can count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations.... because we know we will not give into it! Godcwill keep us from falling just as He has promised. Glory! 

So, IF we fall when tempted, there is but one reason. Either our shield of faith is not being wielded, or it is small and wavering. What do we do? Accept again we are just sinners saved by grace and only human?  No!  We get back up, we repent and turn away from the sin and back to God, but there is another critical step. We believe again that we are new creatures and God can and will keep us from falling. We raise our shield again, and to our amazement our shield is now bigger! 

Satan is not simply after getting us to sin.  He knows we can be forgiven. He is after our faith as to who WE are, who Christ has made us. Why? Because he knows that if he does not stop us now, when our faith may be small and wavering, we eventually will become established in the faith as to who we are in Christ, unshakeable, immovable, full overcomers, and able to lead others into a life of victory over the world, the flesh snd the devil.  

And brothers and sisters,  when that happens, he know he must now face a formidable enemy... the church awakened... walking in the power of God and the joy of their salvation, fully protected from the power of darkness,  thoroughly equipped for all good works, and given all things that pertain to  life and holiness. 

Does that make sense?  I sure hope so. ?

blessings to you, 

Gids

Edited by Gideon

1 hour ago, Alive said:

OK—are you willing to walk through some thoughts with me?

Absolutely! ?

Gids

Let’s start with this then as my wife just got home, I need to give her my full attention.

Regarding what happens to born again believers in the Cross of CHrist.

Do you believe that we died and rose in new Life and this removed us from the old Adam and placed us into the New Adam—CHrist?

That God miraculously relocated us from the old into the New. I am purposely making this a rather narrow question.

This is a basic yes or no type of question. We died—were killed—and now have an entirely New Life.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

This is worth a lengthy response. Such simple yet profound words; profound due to what happened after I read them. I'll go through the stages of what took place when I thought of how I might reply to you, @Debp. The Lord used these words to get through to me.

First:
"Oh? Well, I hate myself thoroughly right now..." :30:

Second:
"The love of self isn't an issue I have..." :emot-shakehead:

Third:
:taped:

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

Christ Jesus purchased us with His own blood. This flesh, on the other hand, is perishing and so those old ways of thinking crop up whenever I'm under assault by our enemy. That's how the evil one seeks to deceive me, to drag me "back in time" to a place when I wasn't in Christ and He wasn't in me. It used to be effective until God's Spirit illuminated my heart and mind to the machinations of this flesh: to hate myself with fanatical fervency. Our Lord Jesus Christ won't permit it but He understands my suffering so He knows how I struggle when I'm under attack. 

The Lord took Rebecca because it was her time and only because it was her appointed time. I don't worry for her sake because she had ample time to face the Son of God before she passed on... He was softening her heart more with each passing day. Her hardness passed away long before she did.

But I miss her and wrestle with grief (she passed away a month ago as of yesterday). This was the avenue of assault so when I read your words, sister, I was convicted by them. I had just finished posting a prayer request and while I didn't specify what it was for it's fitting that I reveal it here: Satan was hammering me from all sides. I did that and then made my way to this thread where I came across what you posted above: the Lord's answer to that prayer, written hours before I submitted the request. No, I'm neither shocked nor astonished because God knows all things. I'm humbled instead.

Yes, we rest in Him and it's good to remind one another of this every chance we get. I rest in Him and once I received your words, the Lord was pleased and reminded me that I was worth loving. I love myself, therefore I love you all. The Lord bless you sister!

You are worth loving and worth His dying to redeem you. Remember, He chose you before you chose Him.  He didn't do it because you were worthy but because He heard your cries before the foundation of the world. It was because you need Him desperately..   Joh 15:16  You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, Gideon said:

How do we resist temptation? We hold up the shield of faith that we are new creatures. Not " are becoming new creatures". ARE RIGHT NOW. it is this faith that thwarts satans' temptations for God has told us that:

a) He will not  allow us to be tempted more than our ability to resist

and

b) He will make a way of escape so that we will not fall.

By truly believing this to be OUR truth, we find  that to our delight and amazement, we actually can count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations.... because we know we will not give into it! Godcwill keep us from falling just as He has promised. Glory! 

So, IF we fall when tempted, there is but one reason. Either our shield of faith is not being wielded, or it is small and wavering. What do we do? Accept again we are just sinners saved by grace and only human?  No!  We get back up, we repent and turn away from the sin and back to God, but there is another critical step. We believe again that we are new creatures and God can and will keep us from falling. We raise our shield again, and to our amazement our shield is now bigger! 

Satan is not simply after getting us to sin.  He knows we can be forgiven. He is after our faith as to who WE are, who Christ has made us. Why? Because he knows that if he does not stop us now, when our faith may be small and wavering, we eventually will become established in the faith as to who we are in Christ, unshakeable, immovable, full overcomers, and able to lead others into a life of victory over the world, the flesh snd the devil.  

And brothers and sisters,  when that happens, he know he mist now face a formidable enemy... the church awakened, walking in the power of God, fully protected from the power of darkness,  thoroughly equipped for all good works, and given all things that pertain to  life and holiness. 

Does that make sense?  I sure hope so. ?

blessings to you, 

Gids

I did a little study about “ The Armor  Of God”........did not see anything in that suit of armor that was analogous to “Repentance”......all the other important things seemed to be included in our “ armor.”  What do you Think is up with that? 

Precious, Willa. Amen.

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Actually Gideon, it makes no sense at all.

I asked if you are willing to walk through some thoughts with me.

LOL. I HATE my poor ability to convey what is in my heart. Grrrrrr.