• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, brotherdon said:

Life has unpleasant consequences, and not only sin. Statements like that can make a person that does not know better, wonder what they are doing wrong. Don't say you don't sin, and your life is all peaches and cream. Some people repent every day and maybe you are not one of us, but we are working on it.

There are times I have sinned and times I've refrained from sin. I can tell you that you are much better off refraining from sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

Perhaps I would be allowed to share an observation:

It would seem to me there are two kinds of people who identify as Christians. First are those who try not to sin. These, for the most part, live happily ever after. And then there are those who think sin is okay. These seem to be angry most of the time.

With the majority of those who think sin is okay representing the OSAS camp; I believe it is all the scriptures which clearly indicate that to continue in sin is not OK, that makes them angry. Their prefering to continue in love with their carnal inclinations while denying the truth that something is wrong is what makes them angry.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I know a lot of OSAS people and I don't think a single one of them thinks sin is OK....    not one....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

My life was transformed when the Lord led me to repent of sins I was committing. It would seem to me it's my responsibility to share my experience with others. I don't understand why it makes people so angry.

It makes me angry for you are posting things about OSAS people that in my personal experience is not true..

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

Just now, other one said:

It makes me angry for you are posting things about OSAS people that in my personal experience is not true..

OSAS people? Where do they fit into this discussion?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

19 minutes ago, other one said:

What made you think I was posting this about OSAS people?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

And then there are those who think sin is okay.

I don't think any true follower of Christ would think sin is okay. Maybe you are referring to people on the street when ask "what is your religion"? And they answer with "Christian". Because they went to church a few times maybe as a kid, and they believe in God and are not of any other religion. So Christian is the answer they give.  But they are really just living for themselves and don't think too much about it except  on Christmas and Easter when their mother makes them go to church because it is a family thing. 

You either are a Christian or not not. It is all or nothing. You follow Christ with your whole heart and believe in his teachings.  Going to church on Sunday while sinning Monday through Saturday does not make you "another kind of Christian".  So the way I see it. There are no "two kinds of Christians".  One who is happy to sin and one who is not.  Sin has no place in a Christians life. If you are living a life of sin, you are not living a Christian life.   Anyway that is what I think! 

Edited by LadyKay
More to say
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

I apologize if I have hurt some feelings by saying that most OSAS people feel it's OK to sin; I more appropriately should have said that most OSAS people believe that though they sin, they are covered, and thereby do not feel so compelled to relinquish their carnal inclinations. They nevertheless, deep down realize there is something wrong with their sins continuously being covered, while they make little if any attempt to stop sinning, and thus it shows in their angry reactions to those who bring up views contrary to the OSAS perspective. 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,290
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps I would be allowed to share an observation:

It would seem to me there are two kinds of people who identify as Christians. First are those who try not to sin. These, for the most part, live happily ever after. And then there are those who think sin is okay. These seem to be angry most of the time.

36 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I am sharing something that I think will be very helpful to those who are willing to listen. If you feel you need to throw punches as me, go ahead.

John, do you really believe making a broad statement, "And then there are those who think sin is okay" is not going to receive some criticism?
It is fairly obvious the 'those' you are referring to are, the grace not works crowd.
You have heard over and over and over testimony here that nobody believes your statement that sin is OK!   At least I never have.
So why do you post statements like that? To stir up strife?

You can share How God has transformed you to repent of your sins without accusing
those who believe our salvation is by grace and not works believe sin is OK.  WE DON"T! Give it a break.
I discovered what you have found out when I was 'born again', forty years ago. And more about the sin debt haven been paid.
What I discern is simply your ongoing agenda of belief in a works salvation, cloaked behind  this post of repentance of sin.
Believe what you want, but it is wrong to accuse the brethren you don't know, of
"sinning is OK".
You have no idea how I, and others,  have dealt with the sin issue over the years as a child of God. NONE.
Since reading your post, and your replies, I have had to confess sin, missing God's mark, be not angry, not judge, etc.
I know all about sin, all day long, taking every thought captive, agreeing with God, allowing the light to chase out the darkness.
I should not have responded to this thread. It brings out my old man. More confessing.

"But have nothing to do with foolish and ignorant speculations [useless disputes over unedifying, stupid controversies], since you(I) know that they produce strife and give birth to quarrels"     II Timothy, 2

And so another missed mark for me..........:unsure:

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,290
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

What made you think I was posting this about OSAS people?

Give it a break, John.

• Thanks 1