IGNORED

Tearing Down Strongholds is not easy but they will come down....

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

AND  GOD  SAYS 

PSALM 46:10  be still and know that --I  AM  GOD-- I will be exalted among the heathen I will be exalted in the earth

PSALM 119:139  MY  zeal hath consumed  ME  because --mine enemies-- have forgotten   MY  WORDS

PSALM 119:155  salvation is far from ---the wicked--- for they seek not  MY  statutes

COLOSSIANS 1:21  and you that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind --BY  WICKED  WORKS--yet now hath  HE  reconciled  --1:22-- in the body of  HIS  flesh through death to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in  HIS  sight

---1:23---IF  YOU  CONTINUE--- in the faith grounded and settled and be not moved away ---from the hope of the gospel--- which you have heard and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven whereof I paul am made a minister 

1 PETER 1:25  but the word of  THE  LORD  endureth  forever and this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you 

IS  NOT  WRITING  A  VERY  LABORIOUS  WORK

PSALM 33:4  for the word of  THE  LORD  is right and all  HIS  works are done in truth 

PSALM 26:7  that I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works 

PSALM 78:32  for all this they sinned still and believed not for --HIS-- wondrous works 

PSALM 141:4  incline not my heart to any evil thing to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity and let me not eat their dainties

PSALM 9:17  the wicked shall be turned --into hell-- and all the nations that forget  GOD  --9:18--  for the needy shall not always be forgotten the expectation of the poor shall not perish forever 

--9:19--  arise  O  LORD  let not man prevail  let the heathen be judged in thy sight  --9:20-- put them in fear  O  LORD  that the nations may know themselves ---TO  BE  BUT  MEN---   SELAH

EPHESIANS 2:9  not of works lest any man should boast 

PSALM 34:2  my soul shall make her boast in  THE  LORD  ---the humble shall hear thereof and be glad

2 CORINTHIANS 10:15  not boasting of things without our measure but having hope when your --faith is increased-- that we shall be enlarged by you according to --- our  rule  abundantly

---10:16--- to preach the gospel in the regions beyond you and --- not  to  boast  in  another  mans  line  of  things  made  ready  to  our  hand ---

MARK 10:18  and  JESUS  said unto him why callest  thou  ME  good  there is none good but one ---that  is  GOD---

2 PETER 2:20  for if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of ---THE  LORD  AND  SAVIOUR  JESUS  CHRIST--- they are again entangled therein and overcome ---the latter end is worse with them than the beginning 

---2:21--- for it had been better for them ---not to have known the way of righteousness--- than after they have known it to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them 

---2:22---but it is happened unto them according to the true proverb --- THE  DOG  IS  TURNED  TO  HIS  OWN  VOMIT --AGAIN-- and the sow that was --washed-- to her wallowing in the mud 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39

11 hours ago, Sower said:

You have caused me to not 'see' your message by your previous reply's. I was a sorta stunned.

"I Answered in kind, meaning I can answer you with a similar baseless question"

And what was my 'baseless' question?
"What if you were wrong?

Forgive me Sower for that response. I Easily get frustrated When someone asks a question like that (Which I perceived as a mocking question). 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39

10 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I am extremely Complacent with my Doctrine.....Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus For Salvation

My Faith Walk Complacement? Not a chance......For 49 years now, my life is Consumed with Bible study and listening to the Teachings Of Inspired Bible Teachers .....It is almost all that I do.....I can’t get enough of it .....I am still learning every day ......my life is busy....exciting....filled with joy......dare I say it? Christianity is fun...

"Cicero, the Roman Orator, Once warned His hearers that they were in Danger of Making Philosophy a substitute for action instead of allowing it to produce action. What is true of Philosophy is also true of religion. The Faith of Christ was never intended to be an end in itself not to serve instead of something else.  In the minds of some, faith stands in lieu of Moral conduct and every inquirer must take his choice between the two. We are presented with the well known either/or: either we have faith or we have works, and faith saves us while works damn us. Hence the tremendous emphasis on faith in the apologetic , mincing approach to the doctrine of personal holiness in modern evangelism. This error has lowered the Moral standards of the church and helped to lead us into the wilderness where we currently find ourselves. 

Rightly Understood, faith is not a substitute for moral conduct but a means toward it. The tree does not serve in lieu of the fruit, but as an agent by which the fruit is secured. Fruit not trees is the end God has in mind in yonder orchard; so Christ like conduct is the end of Christian faith. To Oppose faith To Works is to make the fruit the enemy to the tree; yet that is exactly what we have managed to do. And the consequences have been disastrous. (A. W. Tozer, Of God and Men, "Religion Should Produce Action", Pp. 59-60)

Did You catch that BB?  The fruit is not the enemy of the tree, the Tree is there to produce the fruit. "Faith without works is dead" As James said. Not everyone that comes here preaching works is preaching legalism, some are preaching the works that follow faith, and they are far more advanced in doctrine than the "Faith over works" crowd in their faith.  

He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung itAnd if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. (Luke 13:6-9)

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. (John 15:1-8) 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Effects.....Chastisement, loss of Fellowship

Consequences...premature death,expelled from the Church.....never a loss of Salvation

...and hopefully repentance, recommitment, fruit!!! :th_praying:

Heb 12:11  Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, dhchristian said:

"Cicero, the Roman Orator, Once warned His hearers that they were in Danger of Making Philosophy a substitute for action instead of allowing it to produce action. What is true of Philosophy is also true of religion. The Faith of Christ was never intended to be an end in itself not to serve instead of something else.  In the minds of some, faith stands in lieu of Moral conduct and every inquirer must take his choice between the two. We are presented with the well known either/or: either we have faith or we have works, and faith saves us while works damn us. Hence the tremendous emphasis on faith in the apologetic , mincing approach to the doctrine of personal holiness in modern evangelism. This error has lowered the Moral standards of the church and helped to lead us into the wilderness where we currently find ourselves. 

Rightly Understood, faith is not a substitute for moral conduct but a means toward it. The tree does not serve in lieu of the fruit, but as an agent by which the fruit is secured. Fruit not trees is the end God has in mind in yonder orchard; so Christ like conduct is the end of Christian faith. To Oppose faith To Works is to make the fruit the enemy to the tree; yet that is exactly what we have managed to do. And the consequences have been disastrous. (A. W. Tozer, Of God and Men, "Religion Should Produce Action", Pp. 59-60)

Did You catch that BB?  The fruit is not the enemy of the tree, the Tree is there to produce the fruit. "Faith without works is dead" As James said. Not everyone that comes here preaching works is preaching legalism, some are preaching the works that follow faith, and they are far more advanced in doctrine than the "Faith over works" crowd in their faith.  

He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung itAnd if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. (Luke 13:6-9)

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. (John 15:1-8) 

Your posting suggest judgement on the believers, the Redeemed of Jesus Christ...

You have given a number of examples with the emphases on resulting, in death by fire, the vine and the branches, or cut down, the fruitless fig tree...

These two examples are from Jesus.....the first one a parable before the Cross....without defining as to what is, or representing "the fig tree"...or who is the Keeper and who is the owner....

As the subject revolves around salvation...it meant to Judge faith in the Redeemer...or what Jesus accoblish with his death on the Cross....distancing one own self from the power of "the Cross"....

As Jesus said " if I do not drink this cup of afflictions and then die on the Cross nothing will be accoblish....

Something was accoblish with Jesus death on the Cross...that could not be accoblish in any other way...that something you have Judge by saying "believing in Jesus Christ who died on the Cross...having faith in him...it does not give Life....that the believer is not in Christ...IN LIFE...

but he is still in Death.  

Edited by Your closest friendnt
Spellings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Forgive me Sower for that response. I Easily get frustrated When someone asks a question like that (Which I perceived as a mocking question). 

Done..:)

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Heb 12:11  Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Amen!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The only Repentance That Saved me I underwent about 49 years ago, when I turned to God as a lost Sinner after the Holy Spirit convicted me as being a lost sinner

I never committed anything  to God other than my sins 

I don’t worry about “ Fruit” ...... it is a natural result of having God’s Spirit in me....

God bless.....

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

Has anyone actually realized that the actual concept of this Thread's point of View, is false?

Listen...."Strongholds" are not difficult to "tear down".

Ok?  There not.  You just need to know HOW, and you won't find it in the OP's information.

There is only one issue you need to resolve, just one.  And if you resolve it, you will "walk in the light" and you will be free.

So, The Op of this Thread, does not offer you a solution that is tenable as a final solution..

All this Thread's original teaching can do to you is keep you in  BONDAGE.

You are being offered mental and spiritual bondage.  So, lets get away from that, forever.

The original Thread's info:=  puts  SELF EFFORT condemnation on you, and tries to get you into a lifetime HARNESS that God died on a Cross to Deliver you FROM, Saint.'

Let me help you.  Let me give you an answer, as you wont find anything like one that God is involved in, regarding the Tread's original teaching.

Here is how you solve your sin issue, your faith issue, your guilt issue, your "living in the past" issue, and your lack of PEACE issue.

Read this verse and believe it from NOW ON..

Romans 5:1

5: " Therefore, since we the born again have been justified through faith, we, the born again,  have PEACE with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"

Now, do you see that?  IF you are born again you HAVE PEACE with God. = FOREVER = The Blood Atonement.

Do you see that you are not the one Who creates the peace you are to have with God?  But that its CHRIST who has made you to be AT PEACE WITH GOD.

YOU can't do it by LIVING HOLY.  YOU can't do it by CONFESSING SIN.  YOU can't do it by REPENTING.   YOU CANT DO IT AT ALL .

Why?

Because Its already DONE FOR YOU. = THE CROSS.

Now believe it and walk in this Peace and be FREE.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

21 hours ago, dhchristian said:

"Cicero, the Roman Orator, Once warned His hearers that they were in Danger of Making Philosophy a substitute for action instead of allowing it to produce action. What is true of Philosophy is also true of religion. The Faith of Christ was never intended to be an end in itself not to serve instead of something else.  In the minds of some, faith stands in lieu of Moral conduct and every inquirer must take his choice between the two. We are presented with the well known either/or: either we have faith or we have works, and faith saves us while works damn us.

Hence the tremendous emphasis on faith in the apologetic , mincing approach to the doctrine of personal holiness in modern evangelism. This error has lowered the Moral standards of the church and helped to lead us into the wilderness where we currently find ourselves. 

You have taken Cicero's words out of context...

***in January of 58 B.C.E. one of them, the tribune Clodius (a follower of Caesar’s), proposed a law to be applied retroactively stating that anyone who killed a Roman citizen without trial would be stripped of their citizenship and forced into exile. 

***During his term as consul (the highest Roman office) in 63 B.C.E. he was responsible for unraveling and exposing the conspiracy of Catiline, which aimed at taking over the Roman state by force, and five of the conspirators were put to death without trial on Cicero’s orders.

*******..........*******

In the above post in the first paragraph dhchristian wrote: "Cicero, the Roman Orator, Once warned His hearers that they were in Danger of Making Philosophy a substitute for action instead of allowing it to produce action."

and then:

"What is true of Philosophy is also true of religion. The Faith of Christ was never intended to be an end in itself not to serve instead of something else.  In the minds of some, faith stands in lieu of Moral conduct and every inquirer must take his choice between the two. We are presented with the well known either/or: either we have faith or we have works, and faith saves us while works damn us."

***we can see what Cicero was alluding to...

excusing his taking of action...executing "Roman citizens" his enemies without a trial...accusing them for conspiring to take over the Roman Empire...

The Irony is that he is liking the actions of Cicero's to execute Roman citizens without a trial....to act first...taking actions...the execution of his enemies without a trial....to that of the faith of Jesus Christ....whom neither the Jewish or nor the Roman authorities execute without a trial but they gave him the right to the process, to not be judge without exercising his right to be accused and be heard in his defence a public hearing... The burden on the prosecution to prove the accusations....

Latter the Romans on that principle grand Paul his right as a Roman citizen to appeared and be heard by the Roman Emperor...and the Senate...

Cicero was the only one who have accused Romans for conspiracy and executing them without a trial....

The worse case scenario of human rights violator...

Why would we not be informed from the poster the context as to why Cicero made these kinds of speeches and the real reason why...