Trinity

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why do Christian's believe in the trinity? The Bible doesn't teach it and the idea didnt come until 300 years after Christ ascended upto Heaven. The teachings of Christ in the book of John talk about a relationship with the Father and the Son. I know that the Bible does mention all three and that we need to do all things in the name of the Father , Son, and Holy Ghost. But I never took that to mean a trinity just because they mentioned that. I looked at it as the order that God spoke to mankind. First it was God the Father[Old Testament]. Then Jesus came.[New Testament] Then when Jesus left the Holy Spirit came.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Chad J

Welcome to Worthy,glad you have joined us.......This Topic is discussed quite often here,we have many Threads in the Non-Conformist Forums on the subject and you can start your own Topic on the Trinity after you have the minimum posts to give you access to those Sections/Forums....simply reply to your welcomes and then you can get posting freely

This is where our members come to meet & greet our newcomers,its not a Discussion Forum so you would not get the replies you will when posted in the Proper Section & we want you to get the most from WCF:heart:Look forward to answering your questions very soon                                                                                                                With love-in Christ<kwik

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Chad J said:

Why do Christian's believe in the trinity? The Bible doesn't teach it and the idea didnt come until 300 years after Christ ascended upto Heaven. The teachings of Christ in the book of John talk about a relationship with the Father and the Son. I know that the Bible does mention all three and that we need to do all things in the name of the Father , Son, and Holy Ghost. But I never took that to mean a trinity just because they mentioned that. I looked at it as the order that God spoke to mankind. First it was God the Father[Old Testament]. Then Jesus came.[New Testament] Then when Jesus left the Holy Spirit came.

The three (Trinity) are well documented in the Tanakh. Trinity was not invented by the church. Qumran gave us the older Hebrew and the LXX is well received and contains mentions of all three. The two powers in heaven was a doctrine of the Rabbis and the occasional mention of The Spirit was discussed at length in Rabbinic theology.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,023
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Chad J said:

There are many theological names and terms used to teach and discuss the inspired word of God. Trinity simply refers to the unity of the three persons in the Godhead.

Act 17:29  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Col 2:9  For in him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

If anyone is inclined to object to the term Trinity because it isn't in the Bible then they should also object to the word Bible, because it isn't in there either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

The bible teaches that there is only one God. God is in heaven and man is on earth so our understanding of him and all he is. . . is limited. No matter how smart we humans are; we can never fully understand it because we are earthly humans who are talking about heavenly things. The Trinity is not belief in three gods. There is only one God, This one God exists as three Persons. God is one and three at the same time, but not in the same way.

The word “trinity” does not appear in scripture, that we can agree on. The tri-unity of the trinity is arrived at by looking at the whole of scripture; the entire, Old Testament and the New Testaments together.

The trinity refers to "the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons The word "trinity," of course, is formed from the words "tri-" and "unity" and describes "the state of being threefold." In other words, to believe in the trinity means to believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are essentially one God, even while they retain their own set of differences.

The Father is never sent. The Father did not become the Son and then the Holy Spirit. Nor is he incarnated or poured out at Pentecost. The Spirit does not die on the cross for our sins. The Father begets the Son, not vice-versa. The Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son. They are equal and eternal. Distinct; yet acting in unity

It is the doctrine that there is only one God, not three, and that the one God exists in three persons:  Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  An analogy would be time.  Time is past, present, and future.  But, there are not three times, only one.

The Father is my Creator. The Son is my Savior. The Spirit is my Comforter. But only ONE God. NOT three.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No trinity....   lets see.

According to the writings in Exodus Moses, Aaron and 72 of the elders of Israel went up and saw the God of Israel...   described things around them and spoke of his feet....   then tells us that they ate and drank...    wasn't a vision....

Then we come to the times of Jesus alive and he tells us that no one has ever seen the Father....      kind of at odds with itself that book is...    unless what is referred to as God that Moses interfaced with wasn't the Father...    so there's two.

Then when Jesus was speaking to the Jews about his working on the sabbath he told them before Abraham was......    I AM....    which is what Yahweh told Moses to tell the Hebrews who sent him to free them from the Egyptians....      Now that's interesting...

Then when the temple guards came with Judas to arrest Jesus he asked them who they were looking for and they told him Jesus, if you look in the Greek manuscripts where we get our translations from, what Jesus said was  " I AM"   and when he spoke those words they all stepped back and fell down....   what an interesting sight that must have been.....

The Holy Spirit before Jesus's ascension only dealt with people on an individual level when that person needed direct contact with "God"  Jesus made it possible for us to use his righteousness so the Holy Spirit can deal with us on a 24/7 personal relationship....

All things come from the Father...   But all things came through Yahweh/Jesus ...   and our personal contact right now for the other two is the Holy Spirit....     and you really can't come to Jesus unless the Holy Spirit pulls you into doing so....

So what is that word "God"     we have a pre-concept of a single entity who controls everything..      Hebrew has no capitol letters so there is no difference in God and god in Hebrew as for the word itself....   same word is used for the god of Israel as for Moloch, Baal and any number of pagan gods and goddesses....    our translators put the capitol on it when it relates to any member of the trinity....    and in the Greek....    well I've always been told that the original manuscripts were written in all caps so there still isn't any difference in God and god pertaining to the word itself.    the words translated as god in almost all cases is referring to a being that is not part of this terrestrial world...   comes from the heavenly realm and is on the spiritual level..

So, I would disagree that the Bible itself does not show the Trinity...   may not use that word, but the concept is certainly there....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

This was discussed on Worthy not too long ago. The word Trinity is not in the Bible but the concept is. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Chad J said:

The Bible teaches the trinity. There are many statements that each part of God is God, and at Jesus's baptism, the Father, Son and Spirit were seen and heard, together.