Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

Mercy is not tolerance, mercy is forgiveness with the hope of change.

Mercy is not acceptance of sin nor permission to sin or live as one chooses. There are great laws of love given by the Lord to obey and follow, it is the guidance upon the straight and narrow path. However, when one fails there is abundance of mercy found to pick us up and guide us ever upon the way of light.

When we show mercy unto another it is not acceptance of wrong behavior but is forgiveness with the hope of lasting change. 

Mercy can supersede law but does not abolish law. It can supersede a wrong but doesn't not accept or tolerant a wrong. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

mercy is forgiveness with the hope of change.

mercy is forgiveness. Undeserved forgiveness. Full stop.

Titus 3 v 1-5: Graces of the Heirs of Grace

1Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

good perspectives here :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Mercy definition:   Compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

You know.. thinking about this not as the prefect way to say it or quote what our Father says but just what I  know when I think about it. When I show mercy..I am not looking at what was done. .. just push the darkness to side and .. there... theres the light... keep your eyes on Him.. Your IN good hands. I show what is always shown to me..to which I cry and to show that word LadyKay said.. COMPASSION.. Christ always shows me

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

sounds good....but flowery rhetoric doesn't change the Biblical meaning of mercy.  Adding to the Word is just as destructive as taking away from it.  Intellect does not supersede revelation.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, leah777 said:

mercy is forgiveness. Undeserved forgiveness. Full stop.

I agree that mercy is undeserved forgiveness. But if you wrong someone and you ask forgiveness even though you don't deserve it and they forgive you do you think they expect change and that you won't do it again? Don't you expect that of yourself?  Is it any less to expect it in our relationship with God?

Edited by Tigger56
misspelled word

22 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

This topic isn't an uplifting and encouraging discussion. The OP is expressing his opinion as conveyed in the title, "Mercy is not..."

Don't agree but see it got moved. I always consider mercy as being one of the most uplifting and encouraging things in this world! But Dusty if I said the sky was blue or the grass was green or if I said the sky was green and the grass was blue you would disagree with me no matter how I said it.

But I am going to say one thing to see if I can get my one and only agreement from you..... here it is,  "God is good".

Edited by Tigger56
Added more words

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/5/2020 at 6:24 AM, Tigger56 said:

Mercy is not tolerance, mercy is forgiveness with the hope of change.

Mercy is not acceptance of sin nor permission to sin or live as one chooses. There are great laws of love given by the Lord to obey and follow, it is the guidance upon the straight and narrow path. However, when one fails there is abundance of mercy found to pick us up and guide us ever upon the way of light.

When we show mercy unto another it is not acceptance of wrong behavior but is forgiveness with the hope of lasting change. 

Mercy can supersede law but does not abolish law. It can supersede a wrong but doesn't not accept or tolerant a wrong. 

"Where sin abounds, Grace more abounds" is not suggesting that because we are "made Righteous", we are to live in the opposite direction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

This topic isn't an uplifting and encouraging discussion. The OP is expressing his opinion as conveyed in the title, "Mercy is not..."