• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the words translated God/god is not a personal name they relate to beings outside our world and in some cases of objects representing those beings.  most came from the divine council and watchers sent here to oversee the different nations created at the tower of Babel when Yahweh divided the people....  everyone except Abraham and his line were assigned watchers that turned on Yahweh and wanted to be gods themselves and receive worship....   one of the reasons everyone hates Jews, because they have always belonged to Yahweh and we haven't till Jesus made it possible in a spiritual sense.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

On 5/17/2020 at 4:22 AM, BrandonLee said:

I've been trying to research the etymology of the name God and most of the references I read were vague or can't give me a satisfactory explanation. I'm doubting calling God as God, because perhaps the name might belong to an ancient pagan idol. I also feel that the name God is sort of generic.

I stopped calling God as God for a whole year and start calling Him, Lord, Most High, or YHWH.

I've always felt like calling Him "God" was so impersonal. I call Him Father during my personal prayer time. Heavenly Father when praying publicly. I don't call Him Lord as I think that title is for Jesus/Yeshua and they are different. Personal choice, I think He knows we're talking to Him no matter how we address Him. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Aimes said:

I've always felt like calling Him "God" was so impersonal. I call Him Father during my personal prayer time. Heavenly Father when praying publicly. I don't call Him Lord as I think that title is for Jesus/Yeshua and they are different. Personal choice, I think He knows we're talking to Him no matter how we address Him. 

Unless I add the word, Lord in front of "God" I'm not comfortable addressing Him as simply that. I know it probably isn't, but it almost seems a little irreverent. Yes, rather impersonal and distant. Most of the time I just say, "Dear, Jesus." That's extremely personal to me. Father is excellent when telling Him that I'm His child. And simply, "Lord" is very often used. Well, that's what works for me.  

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus call's Him Father. Jesus said to pray "OUR FATHER," . . . When I pray to Him I always pray HOLY FATHER!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 5/17/2020 at 5:22 AM, BrandonLee said:

I've been trying to research the etymology of the name God and most of the references I read were vague or can't give me a satisfactory explanation. I'm doubting calling God as God, because perhaps the name might belong to an ancient pagan idol. I also feel that the name God is sort of generic.

I stopped calling God as God for a whole year and start calling Him, Lord, Most High, or YHWH.

Interesting question well the word God is a English word which is fairly young, would God be concern with what language one spoke I don’t think so. if another word feels more comfortable speaking I don’t think it’s a issue if you like another word it is fine.

Here’s another word the Bible, the book in Greek, fun fact a old port town where most of the worlds papyrus paper was made back in the day was called Byblos. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey thanks ROAR for the picture. Going to be a bit silly.. He aka GOD never once told me asked me "Call me by my Jewish name".

To know they (Jews, Israel) tried to never write or speak His name. To me speaks how HOLY He is.

I have said to Him many times.. I have no clue what GOD means. I don't mean the definition of the word lol. I don't know about you but in just talking back and forth.. never once said CALL ME.. just talks. Nor do I ask "ah.... is this Jesus? The Father? Ah.. Holy Spirit?" lol I just know its Him.

Truth.. it is the sweet holy Spirit that we hear talking. Which is God. Who else could search the deep things of God " for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God."

So we really do understand just WHO HE IS right? If He wanted you to call Him by some name.. a He will tell you. Hes ABBA Father. He LOVES being called that.. Ask Him. There are times He is GOD where all you do is fall flat and don't move. Lol So why not just ask Him what name He would like you to use.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

25 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

So why not just ask Him what name He would like you to use.

Until now, I've never really thought of that. I do know what He told Moses when he asked the question. 

Exodus 3:13-14 13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.