Destroying statues

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

So the black lives matter protesters have been destroying statues of men  who played  roles in racist past e.g. one in London .

While I don't approve of it. Its blatant vandalism and it gives the movement a bad name  what do you think  of the statues staying up  in the first place  in this time  when they represent people  whos actions would seriously offend  other people. 

E.g.

Christopher Columbus has statues  up  in America   that got destroyed even though he never actually landed there. What he did do was accidentally land in the Caribbean,  enslave the locals slaughter them, even sold women and children into  sex slavery. ( Seriously  look it up.) He was so bad that he was imprisoned for it back in Spain .

His statue being up would serve no purpose other than offend people of  amerindian descent.

2. King Leopold of Belgium  had his statutes  defaced probably  due to the fact that he authorised   a colonisation  of the Congo that led tomillions of Africans being enslaved and murdered.

Imagine how a statue would offend Africans living there.

When you think about it.

Having statues of these guys up pretty much equates u having one up of Hitler to the different groups they damaged

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Destroying statues

34 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

While I don't approve of it. Its blatant vandalism and it gives the movement a bad name  what do you think  of the statues staying up  in the first place  in this time  when they represent people  whos actions would seriously offend  other people.

Okay. Before I ask a question here, I'll mention this. There was a major event of vandalism on our city cemetery. Headstones, artisan plaques and what few statues that stood there were horribly defaced and permanently destroyed. No one could replace or repair these kinds of masonry and sculptures. The entire town was shocked and dismayed. Patch up work looked poor at best. What a tragedy. It also occurred in an adjacent city the very next evening. We all knew it was the rampage of gang bangers on dope.

Now comes the question. What movement? The protesting one? 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Thirdly, we are just visitors in this world and will soon be gone.

Indeed we are.

1656833436_untitled(19).png.fb93aefe6b7ac66f4c76f32ec3ec228b.png

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

The birthpains are getting much stronger and they come closer together..

Matth.24:4

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

Christopher Columbus has statues  up  in America 

Well you see, here's the story on Chris. They warned him if he tried to sail around the world, all the ships would fall hopelessly off the edge. And he never made to America, because he wasn't looking for our country in the first place. Then he sailed a little too close and fell off the end of the earth. Poor Christopher. 

619842153_untitled(30).png.5b6b9a733de6cdf9ed2812aae82eb246.png

But seriously, creativemechanic, I find no offense in Christopher Columbus at all. Even though he made a dunderhead of a mistake! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

No matter who tries to solve this here on the forum, do you really think discrimination  will end???

The prejudice and hate is driving all of this as it always has.

Prejudice and hate on both side.

Remember 1964 and the Watts riots, and how many riots since then.

This is about HATING your fellow man, no different than what I've seen and experienced in churches and men's groups

Not as violent, but just as hateful.

if you think this hate is restricted to the streets, you need to pay closer attention to what's happening in the churches between white folks.

None of this is JUST ABOUT color, it's the release of pent up hate especially by our police who have had enough, just like the blacks have had enough too.

It's a clash of both sides fed up and are lashing out. To me both sides are right, and both sides are wrong.

IT'S HATE THAT IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!

My name is OLIGOS

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

So the black lives matter protesters have been destroying statues of men  who played  roles in racist past e.g. one in London .

E.g.

Christopher Columbus has statues  up  in America   that got destroyed even though he never actually landed there. What he did do was accidentally land in the Caribbean,  enslave the locals slaughter them, even sold women and children into  sex slavery. ( Seriously  look it up.) He was so bad that he was imprisoned for it back in Spain .

His statue being up would serve no purpose other than offend people of  amerindian descent.

2. King Leopold of Belgium  had his statutes  defaced probably  due to the fact that he authorised   a colonisation  of the Congo that led tomillions of Africans being enslaved and murdered.

Imagine how a statue would offend Africans living there.

When you think about it.

Having statues of these guys up pretty much equates u having one up of Hitler to the different groups they damaged

I agree with everything you said. How about that for a twist? :laugh:

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Well you see, here's the story on Chris. They warned him if he tried to sail around the world, all the ships would fall hopelessly off the edge. And he never made to America, because he wasn't looking for our country in the first place. Then he sailed a little too close and fell off the end of the earth. Poor Christopher. 

619842153_untitled(30).png.5b6b9a733de6cdf9ed2812aae82eb246.png

But seriously, creativemechanic, I find no offense in Christopher Columbus at all. Even though he made a dunderhead of a mistake! 

It's not the mistake that get people riled up- it's the murders genocide child prostitution slavery that he did that offends people and the fact that hes gets statues etc despite it . There's literally accounts of him having Americans chipped up for dogmeat and  giving his men women to rape

Edited by creativemechanic

3 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

So the black lives matter protesters have been destroying statues of men  who played  roles in racist past e.g. one in London 

Okay, now I'm totally confused. Then again, I've been for too many hours. Maybe that's it. 

12 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

It's not the mistake that get people riled up- it's the murders genocide child prostitution slavery that he did that offends people and the fact that hes gets statues etc despite it . There's literally accounts of him having Americans chipped up for dogmeat and  giving his men women to rape

I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to piece these two different subject matters together.