• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Good morning all!

So I have a situation where I am seeking advice on what I should do.

I previously left my job position within a prestigious hospital because of my superiors violating federal laws and committing acts of abuse of power, according to the hospital’s own policies.

Once I left, I felt I needed to notify someone within the hospital that could address these issues as I still am concerned for fellow coworkers and friends of mine that work there. So I did submit a report to the compliance organization within this hospital. At first there seemed to be interest in my report but now I feel there may be cover up going on, as now the organization has prevented me from submitting additional information to Aid in addressing my report.

Now my dilemma is, I feel the compliance organization may be covering up as it is still affiliated with the hospital. The matters that need to be addressed are serious on Federal level of law, as it violates the law, on the flip side I wouldn’t want my actions to pursue these matters to cause retaliation against my former colleagues and friends. Yet, I feel within myself it isn’t right to just let the hospital cover things up.

I try and out weigh one action to the next and the pros and cons list of both keep growing.

For instance:

if I allow the matter to just be and no further push, then my friends and coworkers will still be subjected to the abuse of their management and patients are also subject to further wrongdoing.

however if I push further, some coworkers And friends will be exposed and while trying to correct, they will be subjected to retaliation from their management or hospital all together (like lose their jobs). Now these are the good employees who rights are being violated. Also I must admit I fear that this may fall back on me, as being a whistle blower is frowned upon and can prevent me from finding employment elsewhere.

Part of me feels I should play it safe and some have told me just let it be, because it would hurt me and others and I should worry about how it affects me 1st.

Yet even when I try and adapt this mentality of some form of self preservation, let it be. There is something inside of me that feels I should not remain silent. Then when I feel like I should push forward with what is right, I am then discouraged because pushing forward would definitely expose my friends (good people) to them facing retaliation and them losing there jobs and careers.

So I am just as confused as my explanation here seems.

I am lost on what I should do. Either way people get hurt, either way I will cause harm. 
Either way people can be affected in the long term of their lives. 

I have asked God but the answer still isn’t clear to me. This is why I am seeking advice, in hopes to receive confirmation in responses.

I hope I explained this well enough for you all to understand, and I appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

This is really, really tricky. Make sure you keep all the paperwork in order. You need the services of a medical ombudsman.

Telling the truth these days is fraught with difficulties and entrapment situations. Take much advice before continuing and that is why the services of an impartial ombudsman may be the best way to proceed. Do not trust anyone affiliated with the hospital system. Many have been gouging the government with falsified virus death numbers.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

Good morning all!

I previously left my job position within a prestigious hospital because of my superiors violating federal laws and committing acts of abuse of power, according to the hospital’s own policies.

Once I left, I felt I needed to notify someone within the hospital that could address these issues as I still am concerned for fellow coworkers and friends of mine that work there. So I did submit a report to the compliance organization within this hospital. At first there seemed to be interest in my report but now I feel there may be cover up going on, as now the organization has prevented me from submitting additional information to Aid in addressing my report.

Now my dilemma is, I feel the compliance organization may be covering up as it is still affiliated with the hospital. The matters that need to be addressed are serious on Federal level of law, as it violates the law, on the flip side I wouldn’t want my actions to pursue these matters to cause retaliation against my former colleagues and friends. Yet, I feel within myself it isn’t right to just let the hospital cover things up.

I try and out weigh one action to the next and the pros and cons list of both keep growing.

For instance:

if I allow the matter to just be and no further push, then my friends and coworkers will still be subjected to the abuse of their management and patients are also subject to further wrongdoing.

however if I push further, some coworkers And friends will be exposed and while trying to correct, they will be subjected to retaliation from their management or hospital all together (like lose their jobs). Now these are the good employees who rights are being violated. Also I must admit I fear that this may fall back on me, as being a whistle blower is frowned upon and can prevent me from finding employment elsewhere.

Part of me feels I should play it safe and some have told me just let it be, because it would hurt me and others and I should worry about how it affects me 1st.

Yet even when I try and adapt this mentality of some form of self preservation, let it be. There is something inside of me that feels I should not remain silent. Then when I feel like I should push forward with what is right, I am then discouraged because pushing forward would definitely expose my friends (good people) to them facing retaliation and them losing there jobs and careers.

I am lost on what I should do. Either way people get hurt, either way I will cause harm. 

I have asked God but the answer still isn’t clear to me. This is why I am seeking advice, in hopes to receive confirmation in responses.

I hope I explained this well enough for you all to understand, and I appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

Depends on what the type of law violation is.

Are we talking about something could get people killed, or are we talking about employees that should be getting vacation pay, and are not?

Because here's the bottom line:

A:  If this is something that could cause people to die, and you know about it and do nothing, then you need to ask yourself if someone dies and the Feds investigate and find out you knew about it... that could put you in a bad spot.

B: If this is something where employees are not getting their vacation pay or something, that's on them. 

I could tell you some crazy stories about things that happened to me at my last job.  Just goofy stuff.  People would start complaining, and I would tell them this:

"Every day you come back to this job, you are saying to everyone, yourself, and management that you accept how you are being treated".

And that's my view.  Your former co-workers accept how they are being treated.  Every day they continue to show up at work, they are saying to the world, to themselves, and to management, that they accept how they are being treated.

And what I would say to you is... they accept that, so why should you butt into their business?

I would leave it alone.  Move on with your life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

The medical world is the best for covering up everything. Document, document, document. I really can't comment since I don't know the whole picture of the situation. I would suggest you give this whole situation to God which is what you have said you have done. Continue in prayer. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

notsolostsoul,

We need more people like you to step up and report wrongdoing. It is very hard to do because no one wants to be retaliated against or fear they may lose their job (even though company policies and laws state otherwise). I just finished completing our company's compliance course and I also work in the healthcare industry and there are many health and safety laws for protecting patients and personal medical info. I know you stated that the Compliance department has stopped accepting any more information from you but have they given you a status on what is happening. I know it takes some time to investigate reported issues, to review documentation, audits or interview people. If federal laws are being broken it is a crime. If patient quality of care is being effective it is a crime. Would any of your former colleagues be willing to step up, report or confirm some of your claims? I believe you feel the way you do because you feel the need for further action and it could be the prompting of the Spirit. Not many people like to make waves especially in the work place but if no one says anything then nothing changes. The fact that you left your job because you saw laws being broken can even be grounds for a lawsuit if you wanted to pursue this. I understand your dilemma it is not easy deciding what to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Hi notsolostsoul,

If you are a nurse, there are countless opportunities and positions in other places waiting for you. It would be a possible matter of commuting. That would have to be the decision that now faces you. Have you given any consideration of working in a nursing facility? The reason I'm asking this, is because that's where my current residence is. We have work, but there is an expectancy of turnover, of course. 

It's the same wherever you go. This is secure employment as an essential worker. As for caring about hurt feelings, forget that. It's the politics of dancing and I'm sure you're well aware of it. Interpersonal tussles are going on rampantly at this time due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Everyone is extremely stressed out. That's the current situation and it's going to be no matter where you choose to work. God bless you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

This is really, really tricky. Make sure you keep all the paperwork in order. You need the services of a medical ombudsman.

Yes, it is. I'm sure you've made all the necessary documentations. That's a given. As for Ombudsman, their backup on any given situation varies from very good to extremely poor. Just my personal experience. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hi Notsolost, I've been in your situation more than once in my life. I can't say I enjoyed it. Since we know something wrong was done, maybe even criminal, you have to make a hard decision. It sounds like no matter what you do some people are going to get hurt, either way. I guess I'd have to advise you to take the road where the least number of people will be hurt. Also be sure you're not getting a prideful, egotistical thrill out of blowing a whistle. What I mean is this. If you go forward and tell what you know, will you be able to then say, "there that showed them". If you're getting some kind of emotional satisfaction out of doing this then that may be a hint from God that your reasons for doing this may not be so Nobel after all.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 6/22/2020 at 9:01 AM, notsolostsoul said:

There is something inside of me that feels I should not remain silent. Then when I feel like I should push forward with what is right, I am then discouraged because pushing forward would definitely expose my friends (good people) to them facing retaliation and them losing there jobs and careers.

If seeking justice may loose jobs and bring on greater problems for your friends, I would not pursue it any further.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 6/22/2020 at 2:01 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Good morning all!

For instance:

Thank you,

I'm not from the U.S. (I'm British), so I don't know much about your justice system; but you mentioned breaking federal laws.  Would that not come under the jurisdiction of some federal agency or other?

• Thumbs Up 1