LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2020/04/report-bible-belt-christians-are-dying-after-ignoring-social-distancing-guidelines/?fbclid=IwAR0h6G1zWXLsYQiRhHQkVV6bJADa5TLUnB9fuLIFRVpm3IMhU3UZwYyfTN8

After ignoring coronavirus social distancing guidelines, conservative Christians in the Bible Belt are dying in “frightening numbers.” covid-19 pandemic has claimed the lives of more than 30 pastors in the Bible Belt. After church leaders “actively encouraged churchgoers to flout self-distancing guidelines.”

See link for more on this story. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,963
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  234
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

it is so sad when people think they know better and lead others into danger   praying for all who have been affected in this crisis :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

That story is a bit thin on details but it would stand to reason I suppose.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  0

That is to bad.  People should have listened to the warnings.  My church is back to live services but we will not be attending.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

ohhh how sad :(  I am so sorry this is happening in the South

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, IloveyouGod. said:

That is to bad.  People should have listened to the warnings.  My church is back to live services but we will not be attending.

I attended last week. But did not go this week after finding out that the town I live in has had the most cases in the county, and is now consider high risk area . Our pastor also put out this warning and is streaming service live online for anyone who wants to stay home.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2020/04/report-bible-belt-christians-are-dying-after-ignoring-social-distancing-guidelines/?fbclid=IwAR0h6G1zWXLsYQiRhHQkVV6bJADa5TLUnB9fuLIFRVpm3IMhU3UZwYyfTN8

After ignoring coronavirus social distancing guidelines, conservative Christians in the Bible Belt are dying in “frightening numbers.” covid-19 pandemic has claimed the lives of more than 30 pastors in the Bible Belt. After church leaders “actively encouraged churchgoers to flout self-distancing guidelines.”

See link for more on this story. 

The story is a bit old.  From back in April.

Plus the story seems a bit short on facts.   It says as many as 30 pastors died.

Is that a lot of pastors?   You realize there are over 105,000 pastor in the southern baptist convention alone?   Just the southern baptist convention has 105,000+ pastors.   And this article says as many as 30 that have died.

Keep in mind, that doesn't include pastors from all the other denominations, and non-denominational.

I think you also have to consider that the article makes no mention of if all those pastors engaged in services after the lock down order.  Because many pastors died, even without going to church.  They didn't hold services, just as they were ordered, and still got corona, and still died.

One of my problems with articles like this, is that they make no mention of the people who did isolate and got sick.

I was one of those.  I was completely and totally isolated, wore the mask, and everything.   I got so sick, for two weeks.    So I'm sure there are many people who followed all the rules, and still died, but no one is making news articles about that.  Only the ones who lived free till their last day, do they post about to try and shame people.

I also don't like the way the article was written.   They talked about how they were still tithing.   What does tithing have to do anything?   Well it's them trying to shame the church.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LonerAndy said:

The story is a bit old.  From back in April.

Plus the story seems a bit short on facts.   It says as many as 30 pastors died.

Is that a lot of pastors?   You realize there are over 105,000 pastor in the southern baptist convention alone?   Just the southern baptist convention has 105,000+ pastors.   And this article says as many as 30 that have died.

Keep in mind, that doesn't include pastors from all the other denominations, and non-denominational.

I think you also have to consider that the article makes no mention of if all those pastors engaged in services after the lock down order.  Because many pastors died, even without going to church.  They didn't hold services, just as they were ordered, and still got corona, and still died.

One of my problems with articles like this, is that they make no mention of the people who did isolate and got sick.

I was one of those.  I was completely and totally isolated, wore the mask, and everything.   I got so sick, for two weeks.    So I'm sure there are many people who followed all the rules, and still died, but no one is making news articles about that.  Only the ones who lived free till their last day, do they post about to try and shame people.

I also don't like the way the article was written.   They talked about how they were still tithing.   What does tithing have to do anything?   Well it's them trying to shame the church.

Look. I thought it was interesting. So I put it up here. I mean with some members running around here refusing to wear mask and all saying God will protect them. I just thought some could use a reality check is all. I realize it is not a perfectly written article. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,354
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, LonerAndy said:

It says as many as 30 pastors died.

I read the following in the article about the 30 leaders, stating the denomination....

"As many as 30 church leaders from the nation’s largest African-American Pentecostal denomination have now been confirmed to have died in the outbreak, as members defied public health warnings to avoid large gatherings to prevent transmitting the virus."