• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

20 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

By the way, vic66. What about that other issue and agenda you had on that thread you bailed on about bishops, pastors, elders, and deacons, not being able to remarry if their wife passed away, as you say the Apostle Paul taught? Only one wife in their entire lifetime. Remember that one? 

Just curious. 

I'm kinda curious aren't I? 

Well, you must admit, you were pretty dodgy one that weren't you? 

Just curious. 

Any real honest answer to this, vic66? That is besides a dodgy one? 

Just curious. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Just curious. 

I thought you decided not to respond to my post? I hoped you would stick to your word

Edited by vic66

Many pastor's who support divorce and remarriage will have to stand at the judgement and give an accountant for their wicked rebellion against Christ command,

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

1 hour ago, vic66 said:

I thought you decided not to respond to my post? I hoped you would stick to your word

Oh, I did consider that, Vic. Providing you had stopped quoting me. That was a mistake right there! You see, when you do this, that gives me the motivation factor to respond back again. You wouldn't want to feel neglected now, would you? No, of course not. That might be considered by some to be less than polite. And I just couldn't do that to you. You are a decent kinda guy after all. Let's get back to the question though. It would be this one. 

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:
23 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

By the way, vic66. What about that other issue and agenda you had on that thread you bailed on about bishops, pastors, elders, and deacons, not being able to remarry if their wife passed away, as you say the Apostle Paul taught? Only one wife in their entire lifetime. Remember that one? 

Just curious. 

Well, you must admit, you were pretty dodgy one that weren't you? 

Just curious. 

Just curious. 

So, are prepared to answer me now? Or, does this continue as "ring-around-the-rosy"? 

1 hour ago, vic66 said:

Many pastor's who support divorce and remarriage will have to stand at the judgement and give an accountant for their wicked rebellion against Christ command,

Ohh... Vic. Now - now - now. I had to give you another, "Oy Vey!" on that, bro. Where'd you get an idea like that? From your odd and unconventional church? Some strange place online? A weird YouTube video? Or somewhere else? This doesn't match up anywhere with scriptural evidence at all. You simply pulled that out of thin air. It's a pretty deflated balloon though. Where do you get this tripe? That's just hypercritical and very harsh! Did you get bugs in your oatmeal this morning or something? 

Oy Vey!

BeauJangles reacted to this. 

Whosoever putteth away his wife and married another committeth adultery and  Whosoever  marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery

John the baptist lost his life for preaching against the adultery of Herod and Herodias

For herod  had sent forth and laid hold on John (the baptist)and bound him in prison for Herodias sake, his brother phillip's wife: for He had married her.For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.

Edited by vic66

Malachi2:14-16 yet he said, wherefore because the Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treachously, yet is she thy companion the wife of thy covenant. 

For the Lord, the God of  israel saith that he hate th putting away?

Edited by vic66

8 hours ago, vic66 said:

John the baptist lost his life for preaching against the adultery of Herod and Herodias

While that did bring a very heavy thing against The Baptist generally speaking, chances are that John would have been martyred for this major factor. Many prophets were slain simply due to the lack of popularity with the high priests and pharisees. He preached against them as we all know and they hated him because of that alone. Here's what the Lord had to say about him.

Luke 7:28  KJV 28For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

And the reason for this is because all the prophets before him, John was the one to announce the Messiah.

8 hours ago, vic66 said:

For her or himself had sent forth and laid hold on John (the baptist)and bound him in prison for Herodias sake, his brother phillip's wife:for He had married her.For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for theme to have thy brother's wife.

Yeah, this is true. Just one more thing, vic66. How about this subject? 

On 7/6/2020 at 3:48 PM, BeauJangles said:
On 7/6/2020 at 12:49 PM, BeauJangles said:
On 7/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, BeauJangles said:

Just curious. 

Well, you must admit, you were pretty dodgy on that weren't you? 

Just curious. 

Just curious. 

So, are prepared to answer me now? 

How about now?

Just curious. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/6/2020 at 6:57 PM, BeauJangles said:

Ohh... Vic. Now - now - now. I had to give you another, "Oy Vey!" on that, bro. Where'd you get an idea like that? From your odd and unconventional church? Some strange place online? A weird YouTube video? Or somewhere else? This doesn't match up anywhere with scriptural evidence at all. You simply pulled that out of thin air. It's a pretty deflated balloon though. Where do you get this tripe? That's just hypercritical and very harsh! Did you get bugs in your oatmeal this morning or something? 

Oy Vey!

BeauJangles reacted to this. 

Brother, you have seemed a kind and balanced brother. Why has this gotten under your skin to such a degree that you keep pressing? 

The fact of the matter is, to your question of where Vic got his "tripe", he responded with a pretty darned clear scripture. Agreed, it does not fit in with our modern version of truth, but it is certainly scripture and not tripe at all. 

To my shame, I myself am guilty, as I was married for25 years before divorcing. I married again and have been married for 18 years, and made my choice with no guilt, no conviction..... and certainly without that verse in the forefront of my heart.

I was wrong, but like Humpty Dumpty,  what I did was cannot be undone or put back  together. I have simply had to repent, confess it and receive forgiveness. But as to whether or not I see it now as sin, can I in good conscience say the Word is simply out of date, judgmental, harsh.... in error??  Never. 

So when verses like this come up that do not tickle our ears but instead rub our fur the wrong way, the solution is not to ignore God's Word or somehow explain it away..... but rather to turn around so our fur is rubbed the right way! LOL. 

Just something to ponder on. blessings, Beau

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • This is Worthy 1