• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

AS  I'VE  SAID ??  AND  YOU  SAY  WHAT ??      --IS  IT  NOT  TRUE  THAT  JESUS  SAYS  BECAUSE  HIS  FATHER  SAID  SO--

ACTS 20:29 for I know this that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you --20:30-- also of your ownselves shall men arise --SPEAKING  PERVERSE  THINGS-- to draw away disciples after them

PROVERBS 8:8  all the words of  MY  MOUTH  are in righteousness there is nothing froward or --PERVERSE--in them

1 JOHN  2:9  if we confess our sins  HE  is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from --ALL  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS--

PROVERBS 8:20  I lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of judgement 

MATTHEW 5:6  blessed are they which do --HUNGER AND THIRST-- AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS-- for they shall be filled 

MATTHEW 6:33  but --SEEK  YOU  FIRST-- the kingdom of  GOD  and  HIS  righteousness and all these things shall be --ADDED-- unto you 

ACTS 5:32 and we are  HIS  witnesses of these things and so is also the holy spirit whom  GOD  hath given to them that obey  HIM 

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing --THE  WORDS  THAT --I SPEAK-- unto you they are spirit and they are life 

JOHN 5:21  for as  THE  FATHER  raiseth up the dead and quickeneth them even so  THE  SON  quickeneth whom  HE  will

1 CORINTHIANS 15:45  and so it is written the first man adam was made a living soul the last adam was made a quickening spirit 

JOHN 3:34  for  HE  whom  GOD  hath sent speaketh the words of  GOD  for  GOD  giveth not the spirit by measure unto  HIM

1 CORINTHIANS 1:30  but of  HIM  are you in  CHRIST  JESUS  who of  GOD  is made unto us --WISDOM -- AND  RIGHTEOUSNESS--AND  SANCTIFICATION--AND  REDEMPTION

--1:31-- that according as it is written --HE  THAT  GLORIETH  LET  HIM  GLORY  IN  THE  LORD 

JOHN 8:47  he that is of  GOD  heareth  GODS  words you therefore hear them not because you are not of  GOD 

JOHN 10:26  but you believe not because you are not of  MY  SHEEP  as  I  SAID  unto you 

--10:27-- MY  SHEEP  HEAR  MY  VOICE  AND  I KNOW  THEM AND  THEY  FOLLOW  --ME--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

WaIt A mInUtE. LeT mE ChEcK tHiS oUt NoW. tHiS wAy Of PoStInG iS cOnFuSiNg To ReAd. Oh. Okay now. Some what better. Not much though. Humor an old man his continued requests and level thy font! :26: Thank you. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Let me share this if it would be alright. Now, I've been mourning the loss of one of our dear ladies here and I'm sad at her passing. It's been difficult to keep a smile and a sense of humor, but by the power of His presence the Holy Spirit, I'm going on with the grace and consoling of the Comforter. Yes, the Holy Ghost. One of our ladies named Miss Ina, just wheeled up to me and I told her, "I need a great big ol' hug from you, Miss Ina."

As I leaned to embrace her, I was just saying into her ear, "Dear Jesus, just envelope BOTH of us now with your love." Whoa! I felt it! It ran through the two of us immediately! I'm telling you, I certainly needed that right about now. Amd Miss Ina is a 'holiness' lady who befriended me when she came here last year. I know some of her family so that was nice. My mourning has turned to rejoicing once again in the Lord! Amen and Hallelujah! 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

19 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I am thinking now that when a person is saved. They have the Holy Spirit in their life at the moment they become saved. Then from there with the help from the Holy Spirit, that they grow in their Christian walk.  I am thinking that there is no two classed of Christians. Those who are just saved, and those who are saved and also have the Holy Spirit or also called Saved and Sanctify.  So what do you all think of this?  Am I one the right path here with thinking that when you are saved you have the Holy Spirit right then? Or Does the Holy Spirit come later?    :confused:

You are correct.   Upon being born again, we are sealed (have) the Holy Spirit.   Sanctification is the lifelong process of our being conformed to the image of Christ.   

Sometimes Christians might experience a special sense of the Holy Spirit, but we don't base our faith on that.

Edited by Debp
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Read all about Cornelius. That might answer that question. The rest is just a bunch of doctrine boxes, generally invented by the priestly class to subjugate believers and somehow control them. The Spirit blows where He wills.

All apostles believe in Jesus, Peter said Jesus is the Son of God and Jesus told him it was the Holy Spirit who inspired peter, however Jesus told them not to leave Jerusalem for the promise of Holy Spirit which was poured on Pentecost day.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

22 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I remember being taught that a person gets saved, but does not receive the Holy Spirit until sometime later. That the gift of the Holy Spirit is a separate thing from being saved. And that you have to seek out the Holy Spirit in order to have the Holy Spirit in your life. This was referred to as "sanctification".  In other words. You can be saved and on your way to Heaven. But you do not have the Holy Spirit in your life unless you seek to have it and that comes after you have been saved.   I am now starting to question this way of thinking. I am thinking now that when a person is saved. They have the Holy Spirit in their life at the moment they become saved. Then from there with the help from the Holy Spirit, that they grow in their Christian walk.  I am thinking that there is no two classed of Christians. Those who are just saved, and those who are saved and also have the Holy Spirit or also called Saved and Sanctify.  So what do you all think of this?  Am I one the right path here with thinking that when you are saved you have the Holy Spirit right then? Or Does the Holy Spirit come later?    :confused:

yes

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The Holy Spirit was at work in our lives before we were saved.  Who convicted us of our sin and the need for salvation?  John 16:8-11

And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

We do read in Acts 8:14-17 words that will cause one to rethink the process we go through as those in Samaria had not yet received the Holy Spirit even after accepting Christ.

When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria.  When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.  Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

We also see this in Acts 19:1-7

While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.  When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.  There were about twelve men in all.

I believe that when we are saved we are indeed sealed for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30), but yet we do not have the Holy Spirit until we are properly baptized as shown in Acts.  Everything is a process in life, including our growth in Christ.   Once we do receive the Holy Spirit, He then can work in us so we will be like Christ and walk in the calling chosen for us with the applied gift(s).

I do not believe there is a cookie punch method and everyone follows the one in front of them as an assembly line.  We are each different and He works in us in different ways toward the same goal.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/19/2020 at 10:19 AM, LadyKay said:

I remember being taught that a person gets saved, but does not receive the Holy Spirit until sometime later. That the gift of the Holy Spirit is a separate thing from being saved. And that you have to seek out the Holy Spirit in order to have the Holy Spirit in your life. This was referred to as "sanctification".  In other words. You can be saved and on your way to Heaven. But you do not have the Holy Spirit in your life unless you seek to have it and that comes after you have been saved.   I am now starting to question this way of thinking. I am thinking now that when a person is saved. They have the Holy Spirit in their life at the moment they become saved. Then from there with the help from the Holy Spirit, that they grow in their Christian walk.  I am thinking that there is no two classed of Christians. Those who are just saved, and those who are saved and also have the Holy Spirit or also called Saved and Sanctify.  So what do you all think of this?  Am I one the right path here with thinking that when you are saved you have the Holy Spirit right then? Or Does the Holy Spirit come later? 

When we are saved, we get the Holy Spirit as an earnest of our salvation, Some are content with only this others will receive the full baptism of the Holy Spirit, which comes later. The apostles received the Holy Spirit when they first met the risen Jesus after the resurrection (John 20:22) But the Holy Spirit gave them the baptism of the Spirit after that on Pentecost which was in fulness.  

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G728&t=KJV

The Word earnest refers to down payment for when the fulness comes in so for example: 

Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest G728 of the Spirit in our hearts. (2 Cor. 1:22)

Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest G728 of the Spirit. (2 Cor. 5:5)

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,Which is the earnest G728 of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory._(Eph 1:14-15)

If you go on reading Ephesians it will discuss what that fulness entails.... I encourage all to do so. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,048
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

AND  GOD  SAYS 

PROVERBS 30:5  every word of  GOD  is pure  HE  is a shield unto them that put their trust in  HIM   --30:6-- add thou not unto  HIS  words lest  HE  reprove thee and thou be found a liar 

ACTS 5:20  go stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life 

JOHN 6:27 labor not for the meat which perisheth but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life which --THE  SON  OF  MAN-- shall give unto you for  --HIM  HATH  GOD  THE  FATHER  SEALED--

MATTHEW 10:20  for it is not you that speak but the spirit of your  FATHER  which speaketh in you 

ISAIAH 30:1  woe to the rebellious children saith  THE  LORD  that take counsel but not of  ME  and that cover with a covering --BUT  NOT  OF  MY  SPIRIT--  that they may add sin to sin 

PROVERBS 1:23  turn you at  MY  reproof  behold I will pour out  MY  spirit unto you I will make known  MY  words unto you 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

11 hours ago, OneLight said:

When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria.  When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.  Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

We also see this in Acts 19:1-7

While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.  When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.  There were about twelve men in all.

I believe that when we are saved we are indeed sealed for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30), but yet we do not have the Holy Spirit until we are properly baptized as shown in Acts.  Everything is a process in life, including our growth in Christ.   Once we do receive the Holy Spirit, He then can work in us so we will be like Christ and walk in the calling chosen for us with the applied gift(s).

I do not believe there is a cookie punch method and everyone follows the one in front of them as an assembly line.  We are each different and He works in us in different ways toward the same goal.

Holy Spirit is knocking at the door but people refuse to open the door saying "No thanks we have Jesus here already"  ???

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

On 7/19/2020 at 9:19 AM, LadyKay said:

I remember being taught that a person gets saved, but does not receive the Holy Spirit until sometime later. That the gift of the Holy Spirit is a separate thing from being saved. And that you have to seek out the Holy Spirit in order to have the Holy Spirit in your life. This was referred to as "sanctification".  In other words. You can be saved and on your way to Heaven. But you do not have the Holy Spirit in your life unless you seek to have it and that comes after you have been saved.   I am now starting to question this way of thinking. I am thinking now that when a person is saved. They have the Holy Spirit in their life at the moment they become saved. Then from there with the help from the Holy Spirit, that they grow in their Christian walk.  I am thinking that there is no two classed of Christians. Those who are just saved, and those who are saved and also have the Holy Spirit or also called Saved and Sanctify.  So what do you all think of this?  Am I one the right path here with thinking that when you are saved you have the Holy Spirit right then? Or Does the Holy Spirit come later?    :confused:

I think you are referring to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.   When we come to faith, repentance and baptized in water you are at the point washed and adopted into the family of God and receive his forgiveness and mercy and born again.   The baptism of Holy Spirit sometimes referred to as the Baptism of Fire comes after you believe.   The baptism of the Holy Spirit for empowering you to be his witness.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Well Said! 2