IGNORED

Will the Elect reign "on the earth" or "over the earth" for 1,000 years?

BibleReader

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

Dispensationalist

Welcome to Worthy, Josheb. There are numerous dispensationalists here. I suppose it does make for necessary adjustments on your part. I trust in my heart you will eventually do just that. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Please, is there some techie out there somewhere that can help me to help me get this JPEG formatted pic into my pictures to where I can access and use this beautiful portrait avatar currently used by Fidei-Defensor? I have it but for some reason this format is unaccessible in the present configuration. I've just recently been able to have success in being able to do this. Thanks! 

Are you refering to my Holy Trinity profile pic? :) 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, dhchristian said:

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1;6-8

Even the apostles Knew The kingdom was to be restored to Israel and Christ would reign as king at some future time.... But first came Pentecost and the church age and the preaching of the Gospel to the uttermost parts of the earth. Simple concept really.... Simplicity is in Christ Jesus (2 cor 11:3)

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. (Rev. 3:21)

Just now, Josheb said:

Copying and pasting scripture time? 

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (Rev. 3:22)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

Just now, Josheb said:

Now, the topic of this conversation is "Will the elect reign on the earth or over the earth for 1000 years?" and you and I disagree whether or not the word "thousand" in Revelation should be read literally or figuratively. So I ask for the exegesis and get refused. If and when you're ready to further the op-relevant conversation I'll read it and respond accordingly. Otherwise, you've said, "No," and I accept that. Can't wait to see you practice it. 

A thousand years is a thousand years, this is simple common sense, no exegesis required, no convoluted theological language to explain the simplicity of scripture, Just like Paul said: But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. (2 Cor 11:3)

Subtility= Panourgia, Which is cunning craftiness, and a Specious or false wisdom. This basically is theosophy, which is what you are promoting, nothing more, and I am not the only one here who sees this here. So the question then becomes, should we "play along" or expose this to others who do not see? I choose to expose this for the benefit of others. 

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Are you refering to my Holy Trinity profile pic? :) 

Yes, I would love to have this beautifully illustrated portraiture in an accessible format on my PC. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes, I would love to have this beautifully illustrated portraiture in an accessible format on my PC. 

Here it is. I’ll email you a copy as well. 

8FBBC297-B36E-4D22-9AAD-5A527237D268.png

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Here it is. I’ll email you a copy as well. 

8FBBC297-B36E-4D22-9AAD-5A527237D268.png

Thanks, brother. Here's my problem. When I want to download a photo or picture regardless of origin or format, gif, jpeg, Getty or Pintrest, etc., I can get it into my Pictures file for "save" and post it later by a right click of the mouse = Save to photos. I'm getting all these other means of saving them, but here's what I'm getting off this picture.

Open image in a new tab

Save image as...

Copy image address

Search Google for image (I did do this - same info)

Cut

Copy

Paste 

(none of the three above works)

Paste as plain text

Nothing is giving me the "Save to photos" which is the only pictures app I can utilize. At this point it's in a JPEG app file of some sort and I can't do a thing with it. I have it but can't use it. What a bummer. :glare:

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

9 hours ago, Josheb said:

scripture nowhere explicitly mentions anything called a "Church Age

Thise scriptures explicitly identified an age that we are in, called it an age and the age happens to be an age that began eight actee the death and resurrection at Pentecost you can live in denial. It is written.

I don't know you, but am beginning to think you are a preterist of some ilk. And then having the problem with a literal 1000 years, an Amillenialist.

So, nice talking to you, we've reached an impasse though I'm afraid. Take care.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

"And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey Him." (Daniel-7:27)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

In Rev 5:10 that you quoted, some versions say on or upon, some say over.

The underlying Greek, uses the prepostion "epi". That word is a pretty fluid word, one needs to look at the context in the passage, as well as apply rules of grammar in the sentence to  help determine what is meant.

The translators have done that, and that is why you see on or upon or over, because all of those are legitimate. 

Had they just chosen any possible meaning of epi, the word occurs 669 times in the New Testament, They could have used

as
as long as
at
at the time
about
about the time
after
against
among
around
basis
because
bedridden
before
besides
beyond
by
certainly
charge
concerning
connection
embraced
extent
further
in
in as much
into
on
onto
over
point
referring
time
to
together
toward
truly
under
unto
upon
view
within

So yeah, I am going to go with the translators' understanding that it either should be understood as
on the earth, or over the earth, and the two are not necessarily exclusive.

There is no reason (for example) that a ruler cannot be on the earth as he rules over the earth.

Are you looking to discover if those in Rev 5:10 are physically present, or ruling from afar, I suggest you read some commentaries, and see what others, more educated and just as likely to be indwelt by the Spirit as anyone here at Worthy.

It will be hard for a person not to carry their views of the millennium into their understanding, which will tend to color what they conclude.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful or less vague, but I would suggest also, that you look to other verses and passages, and see it they can shed more light that this verse in isolation. To be honest, I did not even take the time to look to see if the 1000 years, were specifically in view here, I just assumed from the title, that you are making that assumption.

• Well Said! 1