is the pre trib rapture a false hope?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I have been a believer in a pretrib rapture for all of my Christian life - many years - and for the past twelve have been watching daily for our Lord's return.  A few days ago I came across the passage in Rev 20 where it says that those that are beheaded and  who did not take the mark of the beast are the ones that live and reign with Christ for a thousand years and that theirs is the first resurrection - which sounds like the rapture to me, which means, if that is so, that  we have to wait at least another three and a half years for the Lord's return and have to go through the tribulation. The rest of the dead do not come back to life until the thousand years are gone. I really want to explain this away but I cannot. Can you help?    

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Know this dear one---greater is He that is in you, then he that is in the world and know that our Almighty God of Heaven and earth makes certain that all things work toward good for you and me and wing nut.

Think on these things and all the wonderful promises we have. Keep your eyes on Him and pray unceasingly.

One of my most favorite psalms is #27.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, pawz said:

I have been a believer in a pretrib rapture for all of my Christian life - many years - and for the past twelve have been watching daily for our Lord's return.  A few days ago I came across the passage in Rev 20 where it says that those that are beheaded and  who did not take the mark of the beast are the ones that live and reign with Christ for a thousand years and that theirs is the first resurrection - which sounds like the rapture to me, which means, if that is so, that  we have to wait at least another three and a half years for the Lord's return and have to go through the tribulation. The rest of the dead do not come back to life until the thousand years are gone. I really want to explain this away but I cannot. Can you help?    

No, it is not false hope it is biblical. 

1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18

1 Corinthians 15: 50-54

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Does the timing of the rapture really matter?  Is there any reason why we should live any different if it were 100 years from now or today?  Don't worry about the when, instead, focus on Who will be calling you home and everything will be right.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

thank you all for your attempts to help. My  disappointment is rooted in the longing I have for the Lord to return so that  the terrible suffering on this earth can be addressed and ended.The verses below are where my hope was centred. I held the hope that in our redeemed bodies WE would be the sons of God Romans 8 refers to and that creation would be set free by us - such a wonderful way to serve the Lord; bringing the world back into the healed state, ending suffering and pain, setting  it, the people and the animals free from the suffering endured in THIS world. v23 is where I stood, waiting with eager longing for that adoption and redemption so that the task of healing the world  could be begun through  us as the sons of God creation looks for. That will still happen, but my dismay at realising that premillenialist expectations will not be met and we still have at least several years before the Lord might return is hard to take.

Rom 8:19  for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God; 
Rom 8:20  for to vanity was the creation made subject—not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it —in hope, 
Rom 8:21  that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God; 
Rom 8:22  for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now. 
Rom 8:23  And not only so , but also we ourselves, having the first-fruit of the Spirit, we also ourselves in ourselves do groan, adoption expecting—the redemption of our body; 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, pawz said:

thank you all for your attempts to help. My  disappointment is rooted in the longing I have for the Lord to return so that  the terrible suffering on this earth can be addressed and ended.

Don't be discouraged about gaining understanding, I know it takes some getting used to a different outcome than you were expecting.  Rather think of the opportunities that may present themselves for you to witness each day to those who are not prepared to meet the Lord.  And also, whatever purposes the Lord has for your life, you were chosen for those purposes and times because you are an overcomer in Him.  :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

23 hours ago, pawz said:

Don't think so.  There will be believers that come to faith, after the rapture.  It seems that those who do, will have special status in the end times.

But still doubt that any of us will be here for it.

However if we are to be here during the first half of the Tribulation, there is no point worrying about it, is there?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 8/8/2020 at 3:26 PM, pawz said:

The pre-trib rapture is incorrect. "In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer . . . "

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 8/8/2020 at 11:26 PM, pawz said:

Hello, I am also a pre-trib rapture like you...but for me, either pre trib or post trib...the essence, are we ready to meet the Lord Jesus Christ in the Air? If yes, then while waiting for Him, press on  towards the goal through Great Commission- Go and make disciples, bring more souls for Christ for it is the heartbeat of God the Father.

Philippians 3:12-14 NKJV "Pressing Toward the Goal"

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Edited by Refresher