• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

20 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Peterlag, I'm glad you know this scripture but just knowing it in your head isn't enough. We believers have to take the next step and actvely avoid all the sins we possibly can avoid.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I don't know how many I have helped since my writing is online. I write what I see in the resurrected Christ. You can look me over if you care to do so at... 

Worthy doesn't allow promotion of personal websites.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, Peterlag said:

We have the power within us of unlimited potential, and we can reach forth with the touch of the Master’s hand because he is in us—inside our being. And this is why wherever we are with God in Christ in us, we will have that same radiance, that same light, and that same life, which has magnified the Christ to shine. Not because of who we are, but because of what God made us to be when He created in Christ Jesus. God’s seed in us, also known as the gift of holy spirit, is our connection to God, who is the Holy Spirit. The gift of holy spirit is our power base because of our connection to Christ.

Each time I hear a christian talk about power within us, an alarm bell rings in my head.
Not trying to crash a party here, but trying to discern what is really being shared here.

What power / unlimited potential are you talking about?

All power is in Christ, our Lord. We as christians learned that we are powerless without Him.
All that is and will be done, shall be done only by His will, not our own desires. All for His Glory.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/11/2020 at 4:01 AM, Peterlag said:

We have the power within us of unlimited potential, and we can reach forth with the touch of the Master’s hand because he is in us—inside our being. And this is why wherever we are with God in Christ in us, we will have that same radiance, that same light, and that same life, which has magnified the Christ to shine. Not because of who we are, but because of what God made us to be when He created in Christ Jesus. God’s seed in us, also known as the gift of holy spirit, is our connection to God, who is the Holy Spirit. The gift of holy spirit is our power base because of our connection to Christ.

When he was circumcised, we were circumcised with him.
(Colossians 2:11)

When he was baptized, we were baptized with him.
(Romans 6:3)

When he was crucified, we were crucified with him.
(Galatians 2:20)

When he died, we died with him.
(Galatians 2:20)

When he was buried, we were buried with him.
(Colossians 2:12)

When he arose, we arose with him.
(Ephesians 2:6)

When he ascended, we ascended with him.

When he sat down, we sat down with him.

We were called in him. (Romans 8:29-30)
We were made alive with him. (Colossians 2:13)
We were baptized into him. (Romans 6:3)
We were reconciled in him. (Romans 5:10)
We were redeemed by him. (1 Peter 1:18-19)
We were justified in him. (Romans 3:24)
We were made righteous in him. (Romans 5:16-18)
We were sanctified in him. (1 Corinthians 6:11)
We were glorified in him. (Romans 8:30)

WE ARE CONNECTED MORE THAN WE REALIZE.

We can do all things through Christ Jesus, and only through Christ Jesus. 

1 Peter 4:11 - Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever.  Amen.

1 Corinthians 8:6 - yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Ephesians - 5:20  always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;

Philippians - 3:8  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,

1 Timothy - 6:13  I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,

2 Timothy - 2:10  For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

All scripture from the NASB.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

8 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Why do some of you have a problem with Jesus Christ, this is a Christian web site. If you deny Jesus you shouldn't even be posting here.

1 hour ago, JTC said:

Why do some of you have a problem with Jesus Christ, this is a Christian web site. If you deny Jesus you shouldn't even be posting here.

I have reported your reply to the moderators and will let them deal with you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

The poor widow of Jerusalem did not hv such thing like unlimited potential, she only had spared two cheapest coins which meant all of her life.

And some churches abuse this story to make people donate more out of shortage.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

The poor widow of Jerusalem did not hv such thing like unlimited potential, she only had spared two cheapest coins which meant all of her life.

And some churches abuse this story to make people donate more out of shortage.

I agree.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

5 hours ago, JTC said:
5 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

JTC, what are you even referring to in the above. It almost looks as though you are making the rediculous charge, that a person who quotes from the NASB,  or Saved.One.by.Grace, has a problem with Jesus, would you care to elaborate upon what you mean to imply in the above quoted post?

I suggest honesty, directness, and some sort of attempt at a reasonable explanation for your comment. Thanks in advance!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

13 hours ago, JTC said:

Each one of us is on a journey that God has given us, we each have to follow our path. After 40 yrs as a believer I've found that this means to live with as few sins as possible. After all, Jesus told us to be the light of the world, we can't be the light of the world when we live by doing many sins. We have to do our best to put sins far away from us. Even if this takes our whole lives to realize, we need to work on it.

When I focus on not sinning I sin all the more.  When I focus on Jesus I follow Him.  Rom 8:6  For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 2