IGNORED

Time to cancel Netflix. (FYIs in case you missed it)

LonerAndy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,167
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

54 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

On another note, why would Netflix believe this is inappropriate when they witness scandal after scandal going on  in the church? I mean, look at the  passionate  Christian support for a highly immoral president; thousands of predators abusing kids in the Catholic Church, among other things. It’s  hard for Christians with a platform to speak out against this stuff nowadays.

But I guess we can warn one another on smaller scales such as this forum or in individual churches. 

You have a good point about some very public scandals in the RCC and in evangelical churches. The Church as a whole has lost the moral "high ground" in a lot of things, especially when you consider the divorce rate in many churches is the same as or worse than the world.

Something we all need to reminded of though: The President is a fallen human being no matter who is in office at the time. That mean he's not perfect. Because we're all fallen human beings and that includes everyone from the current president on down. We're all sinners in the end and the only answer for that is Jesus Christ. Not interested in turning this political. That is a subject for another thread.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

39 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

Encourage anyone with a netflix account to cancel it

I never liked people telling me what to do. To me this all falls under person conviction.  You don't have to watch everything on Netflix. Just don't watch it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I never liked people telling me what to do. To me this all falls under person conviction.  You don't have to watch everything on Netflix. Just don't watch it. 

i agree

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

My point here is that Christians.... not the pagans.  Ignore the pagans.... Christian have no business supporting this disgusting crap.  So I stand by my original post, and suggest all Christians everywhere should cancel their subscription to Netflix, if they have one.

I'm not cancelling my subscription.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

Yeah saw that, let my netflix expire right around the time this came out. Disgusting and evil is all I can really say.

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,252
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

You know LadyKay you hit this right on the nail. Wrong or right.. being told what to do.. well praise GOD still haha working on that. Much of it is faith based. The other.. since I was so little my mom said my dad told me "don't try to pick up that cinderblock" My mom said I got mad went over and picked it up haha. That part of me? Its still there.

LonerAndy thank you for what your saying I truly as all of us here do understand you conviction. But "My point here is that Christians.... not the pagans.  Ignore the pagans.... Christian have no business supporting this disgusting crap." <---- in that sentence you used a word..that believers should never use. To make your point this does not help it.

The problem you face here is.. your not Christ and you have no right, that means no authority what so ever to tell any other follow of Christ what to do. Now Christ did give you all power over the enemy but not man. As David said "against thee and only thee do I sin and do this evil in your sight". The word says we are not here to please man. And truth? Never seen this once on Netflix that means the tiny movie picture to click and watch. I first heard about this from Fox and thought it was gone until Fox talked about it again.

Hey if you need to stop paying for it.. praise God do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I'm not either. They have good documentaries.  I like documentaries.  It is unlikely that this movie would have even show up in my suggestion list. Since it is not something that would be part of my normal watch pattern. Everyone can decided for themselves what is best for them to do. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

59 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Bad choice, but it's yours to make.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

Bad choice, but it's yours to make.

Question. Why do we all have to do what you are doing? Just wondering is all. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

5 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

You know LadyKay you hit this right on the nail. Wrong or right.. being told what to do.. well praise GOD still haha working on that. Much of it is faith based. The other.. since I was so little my mom said my dad told me "don't try to pick up that cinderblock" My mom said I got mad went over and picked it up haha. That part of me? Its still there.

LonerAndy thank you for what your saying I truly as all of us here do understand you conviction. But "My point here is that Christians.... not the pagans.  Ignore the pagans.... Christian have no business supporting this disgusting crap." <---- in that sentence you used a word..that believers should never use. To make your point this does not help it.

The problem you face here is.. your not Christ and you have no right, that means no authority what so ever to tell any other follow of Christ what to do. Now Christ did give you all power over the enemy but not man. As David said "against thee and only thee do I sin and do this evil in your sight". The word says we are not here to please man. And truth? Never seen this once on Netflix that means the tiny movie picture to click and watch. I first heard about this from Fox and thought it was gone until Fox talked about it again.

Hey if you need to stop paying for it.. praise God do so.

What word?  Crap?  You know that the apostle Paul used that word?

https://www.biola.edu/blogs/good-book-blog/2015/did-the-apostle-paul-use-profanity

In Philippians 3:8, the apostle Paul compares his religious credentials to knowing Jesus. The difference could hardly be more emphatic: “knowing Christ Jesus my Lord” is of “surpassing value,” but Paul’s past success is like σκύβαλα (skubala). σκύβαλα is commonly translated as rubbish, refuse, or garbage, but sometimes more strongly as dung, in both ancient and modern translations (Vulgate, Tyndale, KJV, NET). Some have suggested another four-letter translation, stronger than dung.

skubala.  Slang word in New Testament times for..... crap.

Crap isn't even a bad word honestly.  Do you know where the word came from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper

It has often been claimed in popular culture that the slang term for human bodily waste, crap, originated with Thomas Crapper because of his association with lavatories. A common version of this story is that American servicemen stationed in England during World War I saw his name on cisterns and used it as army slang, i.e. "I'm going to the crapper".

If you look at the word, before it was used to mean poop, it had no negative meaning at all.

There is nothing wrong with the word crap.  I don't know why you think that is a word no Christian should use.  Based on what?

If you can provide an actual reason a Christian shouldn't use that word, I'll stop.   But if the apostle can call things crap, I don't why we shouldn't today.

The problem you face here is.. your not Christ and you have no right, that means no authority what so ever to tell any other follow of Christ what to do.

I've been very polite.... but oh for heaven sakes, grow up, both of you.

Grow up.

This is forum.  It's a public forum, where people post their opinions.

Do you really think I thought for a moment that I could come around and FORCE other people to cancel their Netflix subscriptions?   Do you really?

Quite frankly, Kay has been insulting, rude, childish and truthfully evil.   She goes around DEMANDING that other people do what she thinks is right, and attacks anyone who disagrees with her.  I put her on ignore, because I am not going to be insulted and talked down to, by a cruel person.

I have never done that to her, or you.   I gave you my opinion of what I honestly believe Christians should do.  You don't want to?  Okay?   My opinion is my opinion, and if you want to support a company with openly pro-pedophilia media... that's your choice.   By all means, justify that at the judgement.  I'm not going to be there, remember?  We'll all face judgement for ourselves.

So spare me the "You don't have the authority... " Blaw blaw blaw.  I have my opinion, and reasons for that opinion.  I don't give a crap if you think I have the authority or not.  My opinion, and I have a right to my opinion.  You want to provide a counter argument, by all means, but spare me this "you don't have the authority to have an opinion on what other people should do".

Don't care.  Moving on.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1