IGNORED

Can satan and other demons take on a human form and live among us?

Ervin P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Starise said:

I might be too right brain for you Charlie, what can I say? :)

I can state my reasons for what I believe. You may not buy any of it. We can still be brothers in Christ.

Giants are a fact. Whether you believe that is a byproduct of interbreeding with fallen angels is another thing. And that's only if you believed a cross breeding happened in the first place. This view is widely held by several theologians and that's my conclusion after study.

The most sterile view is the view held by one pastor I know and have sat under who explains "Sons of God" in another way entirely.

We absolutely DO have giants in our past even though the Smithsonian attempted to cover it up.

Most people who come to this conclusion place a lot of merit in the book of Enoch. And I always emphasize that book was mentioned in our canon as well as the man Enoch. So I believe some credibility is due here. I can't imagine anyone spinning a lie like that for giggles because I can't see anyone imagining it in the first place. WE KNOW angels were kicked to here.

I understand. There certainly were giants then .. but no different than today (although the number today is much greater because of the population). But I think they were not just taller people but were a  function of inbreeding - and nothing to do we angels. 

Angels were not given the ability to procreate.

But, who knows?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

Remember the Israelites when they went to go into the land they were promised.  They sent in spys to look at it.

Remember that report and the description of A. The giants size comparitive to their size to their size and B. The size of the grapes?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

1 hour ago, Renskedejonge said:

But if they did it again after the flood that would be really dumb. First they see that those angels get locked up in chains and then they're like: hey lets go do the same thing.

So who says they aren't dumb? Powerfulness doesn't necessarily imply intelligence!

But this passage testifies that they did make Nephilim/Rephaim babies after the Flood. 

Gen. 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of mankind, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

One of the signs of being a Nephilim (not always) is that some of them had six fingers and six toes:

1 Chr. 20:6 Yet again there was war at Gath, where there was a man of great stature, with twenty-four fingers and toes, six on each hand and six on each foot; and he also was born to the rapha.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

25 minutes ago, Starise said:

Remember the Israelites when they went to go into the land they were promised.  They sent in spys to look at it.

Remember that report and the description of A. The giants size comparitive to their size to their size and B. The size of the grapes?

Thst is a great point. And perhaps fruits and vegetables grew to great size before the flood… and I here were indeed large folks that stayed together over generations and had a “talk” gene. 

Not difficult to accept any of that, but to extrapolate they may / might / must etc., be fallen angels that had the ability to mix / procreate with humans is … not in the Bible for me. 

But now that I think of it, there is the NBA… (Nephilim Basketball Association). 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,098
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

So who says they aren't dumb? Powerfulness doesn't necessarily imply intelligence!

But this passage testifies that they did make Nephilim/Rephaim babies after the Flood. 

Gen. 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of mankind, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

One of the signs of being a Nephilim (not always) is that some of them had six fingers and six toes:

1 Chr. 20:6 Yet again there was war at Gath, where there was a man of great stature, with twenty-four fingers and toes, six on each hand and six on each foot; and he also was born to the rapha.

Yes but I assumed that they were holy angels who fell when they saw the women and then were severely punished and the other holy angels were like lets do that too, which I can't imagine, but maybe they all already immediately fell with satan and then yes the wisdom is gone so that could be.

I used to think that Noah's wife had those nephilim genes (not that she was a giant but partly Neanderthal or something) and there was incest because see his nakedness can mean that, which produced Canaan, thus all the giant offspring and all the incest and stuff. Oh wait wasn't one in his line?

The sons of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. The sons of Cush were Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, and Sabtechah; and the sons of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan. Cush begot Nimrod; he began to be a mighty one on the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the Lord; therefore it is said, “Like Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord.”
Genesis 10:6‭-‬9 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/gen.10.6-9.NKJV

Or the wife from Ham had Nephilim genes.

https://realityisnotoptional.com/2011/05/29/was-canaan-the-child-of-ham-and-noah’s-wife/

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

3 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

I used to think that Noah's wife had those nephilim genes (not that she was a giant but partly Neanderthal or something) and there was incest because see his nakedness can mean that, which produced Canaan, thus all the giant offspring and all the incest and stuff.

All four wives of Noah and his sons were daughters or granddaughters of Enoch. Jasher 5:14-15 35

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

All four wives of Noah and his sons were daughters or granddaughters of Enoch. Jasher 5:14-15 35

jasha...?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 9/12/2020 at 9:36 AM, Ervin P said:

Could the above verses mean that satan and other demons take on a human body and live among us?

It seems a being needs God's direct intervention to become another being, but it is plausible that Lucifer is incorporating other entities into his being through his ethos. In that all fallen angles are collectively be called Satan.

"...You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you." Nehemiah 9:6

"...for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Revelation 4:11

"For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit" 1 Corinthians 12:12-13

"...he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him." Revelation 12:9

Edited by Scott Free

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

cool

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 2/22/2024 at 3:17 PM, RdJ said:

I read something about aliens, but I can't remember. They said there was a difference between demons and aliens, who have a body, but I can't remember what they were. Demons are the offspring from angels and women.

Maybe they'd use cloning to get a body.

Also someone said that the worst ones were locked up but would be let loose during the trib.

But don't ask me for a Bible text. It's all hearsay.

The post is little more than repetitive popular science fiction .... of the sort found on YouTube and episodic tales of space wars.

Demons and angels cannot procreate.  Neither can they eat.   Demons try to do so...try to get men and women confused and obsessed with sex so that they may be allowed to destroy the human, but they cannot have sex.  Nowhere does the Bible say this happens.

What is the obsession with demons?  People who claim to be followers of Christ seem to be more interested in apologizing for SIN and wandering in the paths of demons than in the ways of Christ.   Why?

Until and unless the church turns its back upon such things it will not grow in knowledge and power of Christ.  It will only wallow in its own spiritual deception and filth. 

Cloning is a human activity, not a spiritual one.  Reading any scientific or medical journal will end that particular fantasy.

There is no such thing as a space alien.  Nobody has EVER proved that aerial appearances and strange creatures walking the earth are from another planet.  Indeed, every proof available suggests they are indigenous to planet earth.

The Bible says satan and his kingdom fell to earth.  That means there are no extraterrestrial visitations.....only earthly creatures that have been here a lot longer than we have.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....   (Isaiah 6:9-10)