• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, Open7 said:

How can you tell that someone is demonically possessed?

1.  By the gift of discernment, if you have experience in the deliverance ministry. It's an advantage. 

2.  Display of demonic expressionism, or behavior exhibiting indicative signs of possession/oppression.

3.  I would give 99.97% odds those who are involved with satanism and or witchcraft are possessed.  

8 hours ago, Open7 said:

If a demon is cast out, where do they go?

They will seek a person who is open to possession in some way. A return access attempt is also likely. 

10 hours ago, Open7 said:

Are we stuck with them until Jesus returns?

Yes. We have been given power over them in Jesus name. Experience and authority is essential. 

Mark 16:17-18 KJV And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/16/2020 at 8:31 AM, Open7 said:

Hi everyone,

1. How can you tell that someone is demonically possessed?

2. If a demon is cast out, where do they go? I know in the gospels they went in pigs, but then the pigs died, where do they go after that? Are we stuck with them until Jesus returns?

Thanks

They never disappear from the Earth, if that is what you are asking.   Demons will be here, until they open the pit, and cast them all into the lake of fire.

How can you tell that someone is demonically possessed....  That's not easy.

I have only heard of about a dozen or less stories of demonic possession.

What I can say, is that every example I've been told of, it was very obvious to a Christian.

The pagans, will say they are having some sort of medical issue, or they are hallucinating or such.  And sometimes that is in fact the case.

But for Christians, if the spirit of G-d lives within you, when you get around someone who is actually possessed.... it will be like the very spirit of G-d inside you is warning you something is wrong.  It will almost be like you can "feel evil".

Thankfully I have never had this experience.  I was talking about it with my father, and he said he only had one time where he was absolutely convinced someone was possessed.   The person started talking in a strange voice, and saying things that, there was no possible way that he could know.  He didn't go into detail about what exactly the man said that he couldn't possibly know, but he said all the hairs on his neck and arms stood straight up. 

And that's been a common theme in the stories of demonic possession is that you end up with a real physical reaction to a demonic presence.  If you don't have that reaction...  if it's just grammy saying some crazy stuff again... then it likely isn't demonic.

There is one way I personally believe you can test. Demons hate, absolutely hate, the name of Jesus Christ the Lord.  They can't praise him.  They can't bless his name.

So if person is possessed, they typically can't say the Apostle's Creed, or the Lord's Prayer, and sing praises to G-d.

If you, or anyone can do those things, then it is my opinion that you are NOT possessed of a devil or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

As Bob Carabbio wrote, "demon possession" is an extreme term that is probably not representative of most demonic activity.  This is one of the rare cases in which we might be better off (more or less) transliterating the Greek word and simply using "demonization".  It's probably quite rare that demons completely take control of a person, especially for a long period of the time.  Based on what I read, it's much more frequent for them to latch onto trauma, problems, and sin in people's lives (including victimizations that are in no way the demonized person's fault, sins that the demonized person is clearly at fault for, or even ancestral/generational demons that are passed down through the family regardless of whether the receiving person sinned or did anything wrong).  They tend to increase negative thoughts, feelings, and behaviors from these emotion, mental, physical, and spiritual problems that people have in ways that are subtle but destructive.  Thus, many people who struggle with negative thoughts and feelings might (or might not) be suffering from demons that exerbate and take advantage of these problems.

"Defeating Dark Angels" by Charles H. Craft is a great book on this subject.  It discusses not just theory but also practical advice for deliverance (A.K.A. exorcism).  Much of it is simply dealing with psychological problems and realizing one's position in Christ to the point where demons are weakened and have nothing or very little to hold onto and have little power or will to remain with the demonized person.

Edited by keet

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Here's my notes on the subject:

DEMONS

I highly suspect demons are the spirits of the hybrid offspring of Genesis 6:1-4; called the Nephilim [fallen ones]; that perished in Noah’s flood.

Christians cannot be physically possessed by demons; as Jesus and the Holy Spirit reside within us. We can be deceived, tempted and tormented by them. We need to constantly wear the whole armor of God [Eph 6:11-18]

Believers are to exercise the responsibility of discerning truth from error. Demonic activity can and does enter churches. We must listen and evaluate carefully the message and the messenger against the infallible authority of scripture [1 John 4:1-3]

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 9/16/2020 at 10:45 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Can the person say "Jesus is Lord! Jesus is God in human flesh!" - one set of key biblical tests.

Some demons are held in the pit awaiting judgment, others roam the Earth, seeking to possess, tempt and destroy people.

If you've trusted Jesus for salvation, you have power over demons and the Spirit to indwell and protect you.

Even one possessed can say the words,  "Jesus is Lord" and not mean it.

While she followed Paul and us, she would cry out, “These men are slaves of the Most High God, who proclaim to you a way of salvation.”

Demons also came out of many, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Messiah.

Philippians 2:10-11

New Revised Standard Version

10 so that at the name of Jesus
    every knee should bend,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue should confess
    that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Satan also appears as an angel of light or was it false apostles?

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, Open7 said:

Hi everyone,

2. If a demon is cast out, where do they go? I know in the gospels they went in pigs, but then the pigs died, where do they go after that? Are we stuck with them until Jesus returns?

Thanks

1. difficult, considering the satanic nature of human beings. The Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible (2 Peter 1:21) revealed to us who was demon possessed in scripture. The Holy Spirit leads us to all truth (John 14:26 / John 15:26). There's no reason to presume the Holy Spirit is any less revealing as to who is and who is not demon possessed. Be sure it is the Holy Spirit doing the revealing (1 John 4:1 / 1 Thessalonians 5:21) by the scriptures (Acts 17:11 / 2 Timothy 3:16-17). 

2. Legion (the demons to which you refer) asked Jesus not to send them to the place of torment "before the time." It was an extraordinary circumstance granting them the transference into the swine instead of the place of torment. And "before the time" could refer to Judgment day (Revelation 20:10-15) , or it could mean the time of the demise of the human host.

2 Peter refers to the chains of darkness fallen spirits since the days of Noah are bound in till the day of Judgment... And Jude refers to them being those who "left their first estate." ← Does this refer to possessing a human or animal or a domain?

Luke 11 refers to an evil spirit leaving its host and coming back with more...  this passage gives my theory a problem, for the other passages seem to indicate when a spirit possesses a human, animal, or domain they are bound to it and the fate of it. When the human or animal dies the spirit goes to the abyss and is imprisoned there until judgment day. This is how evil spirits are bound there and others roam the earth. But the LORD spoke in Luke 11 of the ability to leave and return...

It could have a lot to do with the different types or ranks of fallen angels. I have not found the answer to this. 

But I will say that the prophetic reference to Lucifer as "the man" in Isaiah 14:16 leads me to believe that fallen angels of his rank (at least) are bound to their host's fate once they make the quantum leap to possession.

The only reference to Satan actually entering into a human host appears in only two verses and both are Judas Iscariot ← who is called the Son of Perdition in John 17:17 and the only other use of that title in scripture is 2 Thessalonians 2:4. Furthermore, in Acts 1 Peter describes the destiny of Judas in his death as "his own place." 

This would suggest that Satan is the father of evil and death and lies and murder while in exile (since Judas hanged himself as the swine plunged themselves over the cliff with Legion), and Revelation 20:1-9 describes the entire 1900+ years since.

1318457209_Sheol(2).jpg.26a5caa56ba596374d7ec5bf3dec7142.jpg 

Abraham's Bosom has been empty since Christ died on the cross (Ephesians 4:8-10).

Edited by JohnD

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 9/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, Open7 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

If you ask someone if Jesus came in the flesh, it's been my experience that possessed people literally can not say yes....   but that's not necessarily a sure thing if they say no for they may have mental issues that have the same symptoms.

My favorite thing to get them to say is that Jesus is Lord and Satan is defeated...   then ask them if Jesus came in the flesh.

When they are cast out where do they go....    they just roam around looking for something else to move into.   And if the possessed person does not accept Jesus as their Lord and have the Holy Spirit come into them, the demons usually come back later and really mess the person over.

For that reason and the fact that not all demons are the same, one should not mess with them unless the Holy Spirit leads one to get involved.  The Holy Spirit knows when a person is ready for Him and will lead you to get involved....   if not then let it go.   Also as in Scripture there are instances where when you tell a demon to go they will say no...    Usually in those instances that the HS didn't want one involved yet.   Some actually take fasting and prayer to control.    Also if one has any kind of sin in their life that hasn't been dealt with the demon will cling onto that and tell you you have no authority to tell him anything....   (some of that fasting and prayer stuff).

And keep in mind that if you talk to them always and I mean always do so in the name of Jesus....    that way they are not going to lie to you.

the demons asked Jesus if he was there early to cast them into the prison and Jesus did not do so.....   I personally don't think we should try either.  I do know that you can bind a demon within a person and not let them have any influence on the person at all, and they hate that I am told.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

pray for everyone you ever knew.
stop at your local chamber of commerce,  mine in Brighton, Michigan USA gave me two boxes of healthy snacks.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 9/16/2020 at 10:01 PM, Open7 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Hi Open,

A very important question especially in these dark days. Most people in the world are influenced by demons. The demons come in to a person`s life through various ways - drugs, excessive eating, drinking, wrong sexual behavior, rigid religious rules, attitudes of pride, slothfulness, envy etc.

Then these demons seek to gain more control over a person by gradually making the person think what they want them to. eventually the person is so controlled by these demons that they cannot think for themselves and become puppets of the demons.

So to recognize the demonic influence - you would see the person extreme in some area. They also tend to stare at you to try and control your thinking. The demons manifest especially by a change in behavior of the person. They can be quite normal, themselves, then something sets them off and they go into extreme behavior - anger, religious tirade, shakings, etc etc.

All depends on the area that the demon/s have influence over. 

Hope that is helpful, Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1