IGNORED

Ouija Boards

So, how can a wooden board with symbols and letters on it possibly be a portal to summon up evil spirits? 

I have never actually seen one. Only heard about them, some scary stories.

Has anyone experienced using one or heard of someone they knew using one? What happened? I did have a friend once who was always dabbling in that sort of thing and her life was the most awful tangle. I never felt at ease with her and was relieved when she moved well away. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

Has anyone experienced using one or heard of someone they knew using one? What happened? 

Why do you want to know? It's better not to dwell on such things. Anything can be used to act as a conduit to evil. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  793
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

So, how can a wooden board with symbols and letters on it possibly be a portal to summon up evil spirits? 

Has anyone experienced using one or heard of someone they knew using one? What happened? I did have a friend once who was always dabbling in that sort of thing and her life was the most awful tangle. I never felt at ease with her and was relieved when she moved well away. 

About 40 years ago, when my husband and I were engaged, we spent New Year with my parents (who lived in a semi-detached house). On New Years Eve they went out to visit friends, leaving us in the house. It wasn't long before we overheard the next door neighbours (who were having a party) talking about a Ouija board. Not long afterwards, we heard them asking the 'standard' question, "Is there anybody there?" At that point we decided to start praying against it. For the next 20-30 minutes we prayed in the name of Jesus and sang Christian songs, just the other side of the shared wall from them. Then we heard them singing, "Why are we waiting?" We had managed to prevent it from working.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

In the horror movies I'v seen,ouija boards are wha cause all the problems.?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I don't think it is the board itself that opens the doors to the spirits, but the frame of mind that having the board in front of you that does it....   you can make contact with them without the board by meditating or getting involved spiritually with some music.

I personally have had experiences with a board and it caused me a lot of trouble for a number of years.     When in college I went to a party and someone brought out a board...   several couples used the board and asked the usual questions for college students.   I had just started dating a young lady and during a half hour session with the board asking all kinds of things, some silly and some serious......    some yes/no questions but later information that was not even asked it.

First it told us we were going to get married.

Told us of some problems with college that would keep both of us from graduating until many years later.

Told us that she would develop a long term illness with no cure but would not shorten her life by much.

Told us that we would have two children, first a girl then a boy.

Some other things that would be much too personal to post here....

And it all happened though neither myself or my wife was looking for a spouse.

It also opened a door to the demonic world from the last thing I asked it by myself...   After we were through after others had walked away I was standing looking at the board and asked it if it was for real.....    the slider puck moved itself with no one touching it and covered "yes".   At that time it opened a communication line to the spiritual demonic world..

Some time later after reading Chariots of the Gods, I decided to do some serious research on the occult.....     the more you learn about the dark side of the spiritual world, the more that world opens up to you...   At some point contacts became auditory and my studies were being guided by the dark side showing me where to find things....  what corners of the research libraries at our universities to uncover ways to interface with thing....   people to meet and talk with...    and all this time I was a believer thinking I had control over it all.

I'm not allowed to discuss a lot of the things I have seen back during the 70s when this was all transpiring, but the overall knowledge to help deal with the spirit world.

And it all came to a head one night while in the shower...    super demon was making a pitch for me to join them and made some serious promises if I would....           It was then I realized the state I was in and really had no control over what was happening...   the Holy Spirit stepped in and told them that I was his and they could not have me....    showing me that we as humans have no control within the spiritual world and no authority over dark spirits without the Holy Spirit.    We should not involve ourselves in spiritual things at all without the urging of the Holy Spirit.   He does do things through us, but we should never do or try to do things by ourselves....

So long story short, leave the boards alone....   actually leave the dark ones alone unless the Hold Spirit directs you to involve yourself with them.....   that includes possessed people...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't think it is the board itself that opens the doors to the spirits, but the frame of mind that having the board in front of you that does it....   you can make contact with them without the board by meditating or getting involved spiritually with some music.

I personally have had experiences with a board and it caused me a lot of trouble for a number of years.     When in college I went to a party and someone brought out a board...   several couples used the board and asked the usual questions for college students.   I had just started dating a young lady and during a half hour session with the board asking all kinds of things, some silly and some serious......    some yes/no questions but later information that was not even asked it.

First it told us we were going to get married.

Told us of some problems with college that would keep both of us from graduating until many years later.

Told us that she would develop a long term illness with no cure but would not shorten her life by much.

Told us that we would have two children, first a girl then a boy.

Some other things that would be much too personal to post here....

And it all happened though neither myself or my wife was looking for a spouse.

It also opened a door to the demonic world from the last thing I asked it by myself...   After we were through after others had walked away I was standing looking at the board and asked it if it was for real.....    the slider puck moved itself with no one touching it and covered "yes".   At that time it opened a communication line to the spiritual demonic world..

Some time later after reading Chariots of the Gods, I decided to do some serious research on the occult.....     the more you learn about the dark side of the spiritual world, the more that world opens up to you...   At some point contacts became auditory and my studies were being guided by the dark side showing me where to find things....  what corners of the research libraries at our universities to uncover ways to interface with thing....   people to meet and talk with...    and all this time I was a believer thinking I had control over it all.

I'm not allowed to discuss a lot of the things I have seen back during the 70s when this was all transpiring, but the overall knowledge to help deal with the spirit world.

And it all came to a head one night while in the shower...    super demon was making a pitch for me to join them and made some serious promises if I would....           It was then I realized the state I was in and really had no control over what was happening...   the Holy Spirit stepped in and told them that I was his and they could not have me....    showing me that we as humans have no control within the spiritual world and no authority over dark spirits without the Holy Spirit.    We should not involve ourselves in spiritual things at all without the urging of the Holy Spirit.   He does do things through us, but we should never do or try to do things by ourselves....

So long story short, leave the boards alone....   actually leave the dark ones alone unless the Hold Spirit directs you to involve yourself with them.....   that includes possessed people...

I had one as a kid not even knowing what it was. I didn't have any occult experiences. But I would not recommend it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Question: "What are Ouija boards? Should a Christian play with Ouija boards?"

Answer: 
The modern Ouija board was created in the late 1800s as interest in spiritualism grew. A Ouija board, also called a spirit board or talking board, is simply a game board that has the alphabet, numerals, and “yes” and “no” printed on its face. A planchette, or pointer, is used to spell out words and answer simple questions. Supposedly, the Ouija board named itself—when asked what the makers should call it, the board spelled out “o-u-i-j-a,” which the board then interpreted to mean “good luck.”

Many people see Ouija boards as harmless entertainment. Others believe Ouija boards are magic tools, portals to other dimensions, or divining oracles that allow spirits of the dead to communicate with the living. They are often considered to be communication gateways to those who have “passed over,” and those who sit around a Ouija board are participating in a séance. Of course, this is based on the supposition that spirits, or ghosts, exist in the first place and that they can, or even want to, communicate with the world of the living.

The Bible does not mention Ouija boards specifically, but it does have a few things to say about divination and attempting to contact the dead:

Leviticus 19:31 – “Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.”

Deuteronomy 18:10–12 – “Let no one be found among you who . . . practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD.”

Isaiah 8:19 – “When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living?”

Galatians 5:19–20 – “The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft. . . . I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Occultists will insist that the Ouija boards work by allowing spirits to move the pointer in answer to queries. Scientists have yet to prove that the pointer is moved by anything other than the living people touching the pointer. In fact, spirits of the dead seem to get extremely confused when participants are blindfolded, at which point the Ouija board suddenly ceases to work correctly.

“Playing” with a Ouija board is engaging in occultism and definitely not an option for a Christian. Seeking wisdom apart from God, especially when it involves calling upon familiar spirits or the spirits of the departed, is clearly forbidden in the Bible. No matter how innocent Ouija boards may seem, playing with Ouija boards can be an opening for demons to invade our hearts and minds. Satan is a liar (John 8:44), and he masquerades as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14). The enemy of our souls has fooled many people into thinking they are communicating with spirits of friends or family members, when in fact they are in contact with demons.

Playing with Ouija boards should be avoided as one should avoid a physical threat: “Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). The scriptural example for dealing with items that pertain to the occult (books, music, jewelry, occult games, Ouija boards, and other occult objects) is to confess involvement with them as sin and burn the items (see Acts 19:18–19).

https://www.gotquestions.org/ouija-boards.html

Why consult the dead on behalf of the living?

__

That is amazing to me.

• Thumbs Up 1