LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Got an email today from my pastor. His wife has become sick and is self isolating in their home. The church will still be open but the pastor will not be there. He did not say who would be doing the service. He added that attending church in person could expose you to Covid, and said that if you are of high risk you should stay home and live stream the service online. I myself have not attended church since summer. Last Saturday the ladies had a women's Bible study group meet at the church and the pastor's wife was there. I told them I was social distancing as I have elderly family members that I do things for. So I did not attend. Now I wonder since the pastor's wife was at the Bible study, if everyone there could have been exposed? Anyway, it is starting to really hit home now. So I hope you are all doing  well. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,498
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I personally have mixed thoughts on this whole issue, and what's reasonable, and what is not. Risk vs. reward and going to extremes?

Which is better? Taking some common sense precautions and catching this Covid-19 and trying to deal with it, or. Corporation and businesses cutting way back, closing, going out of business, loss of production and profit; thereby many losing their employment and businesses; causing bankruptcy, loss of their mortgage, car, etc.; not to mention the emotional and worry devastation going on. 

There's a real possibility this could be the straw that breaks the economic and outrageous debt camel's back. It it better to let this thing just run its course, taking personal precautions and responsibility and provide for yourself and family trying to work and socialize. Or listen to the government and hide in your basement for an extended period of time, all the while lots of people having depression and anxiety set in?

With the potential administration coming in, I have serious doubts about any recovery. Biden has stated he will shut down the entire country as a solution. 

Edited by Dennis1209

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I personally have mixed thoughts on this whole issue, and what's reasonable, and what is not. Risk vs. reward and going to extremes?

Which is better? Taking some common sense precautions and catching this Covid-19 and trying to deal with it, or. Corporation and businesses cutting way back, closing, going out of business, loss of production and profit; thereby many losing their employment and businesses; causing bankruptcy, loss of their mortgage, car, etc.; not to mention the emotional and worry devastation going on. 

There's a real possibility this could be the straw that breaks the economic and outrageous debt camel's back. It it better to let this thing just run its course, taking personal precautions and responsibility and provide for yourself and family trying to work and socialize. Or listen to the government and hide in your basement for an extended period of time, all the while lots of people having depression and anxiety set in?

With the potential administration coming in, I have serious doubts about any recovery. Biden has stated he will shut down the entire country as a solution. 

I did not post this for a lock down debate and would rather it not turn into one. I just wanted to share what was going on in my little part of the world. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

49 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Got an email today from my pastor. His wife has become sick and is self isolating in their home. The church will still be open but the pastor will not be there. He did not say who would be doing the service. He added that attending church in person could expose you to Covid, and said that if you are of high risk you should stay home and live stream the service online. I myself have not attended church since summer. Last Saturday the ladies had a women's Bible study group meet at the church and the pastor's wife was there. I told them I was social distancing as I have elderly family members that I do things for. So I did not attend. Now I wonder since the pastor's wife was at the Bible study, if everyone there could have been exposed? Anyway, it is starting to really hit home now. So I hope you are all doing  well. 

Thank you. Hope you are doing well, too.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

a month or so ago there was a baby shower after church services  and in the Nazarene tradition those that stayed for the shower sat in for a meal....   20+ came down with it and the entire church staff was sick for two weeks...   my closest friend is still in the hospital and his outlook is touch and go.

They all took off masks to eat.

So I say be careful what you decide to do until this is over.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Hopefully all those attending will get tested now.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/25/1973

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I'm sorry to hear about your pastor's wife. I hope she feels better soon. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,024
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,344
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Sorry to hear that.

My aunt Pam in PA phoned.  She said one of her granddaughters, Morgan, caught Covid-19.   Morgan is quarantining in her room.   However, Morgan's mother refuses to wear a mask inside and also isn't making the other children wear masks inside.    My aunt Pam keeps telling them to wear the masks, but Morgan's mother thinks Covid-19 is just like a cold.  ???   All I can think is that she doesn't watch the news about all of the deaths, etc.

My aunt Pam says some people in her church also have Covid-19, and some are on ventilators.

We in California are having a terrible upsurge in the virus so are on stay at home orders.   I also social distance alot when I go grocery shopping.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I think its about not overloading the medical facilties.On the news there saying there is no beds in a lot of them. Nurses are not able to bear this burden. The vaccine will help a lot once its compleated. Thos should bea wakeup call for the world. The next one could wipe us out.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

We had few months over the summer where we could go to church. But now it's online only again.

My wife's had a cough etc. for over three weeks now. But has tested negative for covid-19, so we don't have to quarantine. Which is good, as out daughter is in the middle of exams. 

Shops are open, gyms, bars and restaurants in the nearest city are closed, but open in neighbouring towns. Masks mandatory in shops and public transport. Economic life goes on, pretty much. Plenty of new building in the works - and cranes on the skyline!

Just for interest - here's our rules:

image.png

Edited by NotAllThere