Rapture and End Times

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The traditional view of the Rapture is that there is only one harvest, and then comes the end. However, Scripture gives abundant witness that it consists of three "Raptures" symbolized by the 3 main Jewish feasts, Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles:

https://raptureandendtimes.com/2020/12/19/3-raptures-passover-pentecost-and-tabernacles/

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The traditional view of the Rapture is that there is only one harvest, and then comes the end. However, Scripture gives abundant witness that it consists of three "Raptures" symbolized by the 3 main Jewish feasts, Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles:

https://raptureandendtimes.com/2020/12/19/3-raptures-passover-pentecost-and-tabernacles/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Sorry bro but we are not allowed to build doctrines based on a couple of verses:

2 Timothy 3:16-17  Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness:  (17)  that the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work.

That link is a whole lot of speculation with a few verses scatted about.

There is only one resurrection/rapture of the righteous that hundreds of scriptures clearly prove:

https://sumofthyword.com/2016/10/04/the-rapture-of-the-church-is-after-the-tribulation/

Edited by Moby

2 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

How did this teaching become so complex and misunderstood? Why are there so many books out there to "help" us understand the "simplicity that is in Christ"   (2Cor. 11:3)?

I think this is what happened.  Many were taken away from the proper foundation.  In this case the question is : how many times will Christ come for His children and when? Everywhere I read, there is only a second coming of Christ,  at the last day of this sin-cursed world (AMEN). We are about to traditionally celebrate His first coming  ( theoretically we should be doing this in October...just saying),  and there remains all but one more coming.

So in the context of 1Thessalonians we read " that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord ...."     which  would be the last day:       (Heb.9:28): " ...and unto them that look ( wait) for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation"  ( as "unto the coming of the Lord" to complete our salvation).

In the same verse, as we are " caught away in clouds for meeting of the Lord in air " ( KJV interlinear), " and so ( in this manner) shall we ever be with the Lord" (v. 17). No explanation beyond the fact that at that point, in the last day, when Jesus comes we will for ever be with Him. No mention of a thousand years. 

It'simple to understand. When Christ comes at the last day, " the tabernacle of God is with men", " the first heaven and the first earth were passed away" ( along with the former things), and all things are made new (Rev. 21).

( Isaaiah 25: 8-9): " He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces ( Rev. 21:4) ....And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us ( Heb. 9:28): this is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."

The second and last coming of Jesus is soon, and we have now to pray for Him to save us in His mercy. 

There is only one resurrection/rapture where Jesus comes from the right hand of our Father to the clouds to call His saints to the clouds and then up to heaven but then nearly a year later He comes with those saints the whole way down from heaven to earth to set up His millennial reign:

https://sumofthyword.com/2016/10/04/the-rapture-of-the-church-is-after-the-tribulation/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Rapture and End Times said:

The feasts are about the Messiah and his missions.

The rapture (one / single) takes place on day 1335

of the 70th Week of Daniel (2520 days long).

41 minutes ago, JohnD said:

The feasts are about the Messiah and his missions.

The rapture (one / single) takes place on day 1335

of the 70th Week of Daniel (2520 days long).

Amen bro! There is a timeline in this link:

that agrees exactly with what you said:

1826595767_Tribulationtimeline.jpg.d3b8420a054449f9deb6a0175c144aa4.jpg

Edited by Moby

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

261338165_Daniels70thWeek.jpg.495e0d1bf430be63a8e6a1ffa56de9f8.jpg

25 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

You stated :"but then nearly a year later He comes with those saints the whole way down from heaven to earth to set up His millennial reign:"

The statement you made here cannot be supported with scripture.  I was wondering instead of using an external link to explain your point, could you reply with a verse or two that supports what you are claiming?

Hi Walter!

Please understand that it would be impossible to prove your question with just one or two verses. I will copy a small section out of this link:

That will help you to understand why I said that statement but I hope it encourages you to read this link with hundreds of scriptures that will more clearly paint the picture. As you can see below this author is not telling you what he believes but rather just agreeing with much scripture, precept upon precept, what our Father is saying:

Now lets take a look at how Father gave us the sun, moon, and stars for signs to prove there is another year after the tribulation when the wrath of God is poured out:

Genesis 1:14-16 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years: (15) and let them be for lights in the firmament of heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. (16) And God made the two great lights; the greater light(sun) to rule the day, and the lesser light(moon) to rule the night: he made the stars also.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God appointed us not unto wrath, but unto the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Let’s go back to the Olivet discourse where Jesus gives us our first sign:

Matthew 24:29 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

So “immediately after the tribulation” the sun and moon are darkened but this darkened sun and moon happens “before” the great and notable day of the Lord comes:

Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the day of the Lord come, That great and notable day.

Joel 2:30-31 And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. (31) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of Jehovah cometh.

So Jesus opens the 6th seal to show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke that cause the sun and moon to darken to mark the end of the 7 years of tribulation and the beginning of “the day of the Lord” where God and His Lamb pour out their wrath:

Revelation 6:12-17 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the whole moon became as blood; (13) and the stars of the heaven fell unto the earth, as a fig tree casteth her unripe figs when she is shaken of a great wind. (14) And the heaven was removed as a scroll when it is rolled up; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. (15) And the kings of the earth, and the princes, and the chief captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman and freeman, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains; (16) and they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: (17) for the great day of their wrath is come; and who is able to stand?

Zephaniah 1:14-15 The great day of the Lord is near, it is near and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of Jehovah; the mighty man crieth there bitterly. (15) That day is a day of wrath, a day of anguish and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

Zephaniah, Isaiah, Paul, and Peter are speaking of the exact same “day of the Lord” that is to come “after the tribulation”:

Isaiah 13:9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger; to make the land a desolation, and to destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

So lets see if we can find some more clues as to how long “the day of the Lord” is:

Jeremiah 46:10 For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

Isaiah 34:8 For Jehovah has a day of vengeance, the year of recompense for the cause of Zion.

Isaiah 61:2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor, the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isaiah 63:4 For the day of vengeance was in my heart, the year of my redeemed is come.

From those 4 passages above we can conclude “the day of the Lord” is also called “the day of vengeance of our God” to proclaim “the year of the Lord’s favor” that He also declares is “the year of recompense” and the “year of the His redeemed” when he pours out His wrath which comes  after the tribulation is over and the sun and moon are darkened:

Mark 13:24-25 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, (25) and the stars shall be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens shall be shaken.

The Father causes the sun and moon to become darkened for the first time to announce the start of the great day/year of their wrath and then a second time at the sounding of the 4th trumpet:

Revelation 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; that the third part of them should be darkened, and the day should not shine for the third part of it, and the night in like manner.

And again at the sounding of the 5th trumpet:

Revelation 9:1-2 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. (2) And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Father hid the “day of the Lord” all through His Word as “the hour and day and month and year” prophesying the last year when the ungodly shall be judged:

Revelation 9:15 And the four angels were loosed, that had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, that they should kill the third part of men.

2 Peter 3:7 but the heavens that now are, and the earth, by the same word have been stored up for fire, being reserved against the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

So this great and notable day after the tribulation is a year long of wrath also called the “last day” when Jesus said He would raise up those that believe on Him:

John 6:39-40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that of all that which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. (40) For this is the will of my Father, that every one that beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.

John 6:54 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

This is when the last trump is blown and the Lord our God will gather us as His flock up from the earth in the “last day” which we learned above is called the “year of His redeemed” and is also referred to as “that day”:

Zechariah 9:14-16 And Jehovah shall be seen over them; and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning; and the Lord Jehovah will blow the trumpet, and will go with whirlwinds of the south. (15) Jehovah of hosts will defend them; and they shall devour, and shall tread down the sling-stones; and they shall drink, and make a noise as through wine; and they shall be filled like bowls, like the corners of the altar. (16) And Jehovah their God will save them in that day as the flock of his people; for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted on high over his land.

1376980361_Tribulationtimeline.jpg.5d0d06c828ad843145f978a19883fd06.jpg

Christ’s resurrection after the cross was called the “firstfruit” which took place around 30 AD:

1 Corinthians 15:20-22  But now hath Christ been raised from the dead, the firstfruit of them that are asleep. (21) For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. (22) For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

So “Christ the firstfruit” took place in 30 AD then they that are Christ’s at his coming “in the last day” is the only other resurrection/rapture of the saints and “then cometh the end”:

1 Corinthians 15:23-24  But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruit; then they that are Christ’s, at his coming. (24) Then cometh the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power.

This “last day” resurrection/rapture cannot be 3 1/2 years into the tribulation as the midtribbers claim or 7 years before the last day/year as the pretribbers claim:

Job 14:12 So man lieth down and riseth not: till the heavens are no more, they will not awake, nor be roused out of sleep.

So the resurrection/rapture cannot happen until the last day/year after the sun is darkened and the wrath of God begins to cause the heavens to pass away and the earth begins to be burnt up:

2 Pet.3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Revelation 6:12-17 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the whole moon became as blood; (13) and the stars of the heaven fell unto the earth, as a fig tree casteth her unripe figs when she is shaken of a great wind. (14) And the heaven was removed as a scroll when it is rolled up; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. (15) And the kings of the earth, and the princes, and the chief captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman and freeman, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains; (16) and they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: (17) for the great day of their wrath is come; and who is able to stand?

The heavens could not pass away or the earth burn up at the beginning or even the middle of the seven years of tribulation or there would not be anybody here to experience “great tribulation”!  The resurrection and rapture could only be during the last year called “the day of the Lord”.

Paul warned us as brethren to watch and be sober so that the “day of the Lord” does not overtake us as a thief:

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that aught be written unto you. (2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. (3) When they are saying, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall in no wise escape. (4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief: (5) for ye are all sons of light, and sons of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness; (6) so then let us not sleep, as do the rest, but let us watch and be sober.

We were given clear signs as to the timing of the 7 year tribulation and the year of wrath to follow but some will argue that Jesus said “no one knoweth”:

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

While I agree that we may not be able to determine the exact “day and hour” of our Lord’s rapture/resurrection, we certainly can determine from scripture that Jesus does not come in the clouds until after seven years of tribulation:

Revelation 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John;

Combining the many clues Father gave us in His last book of Revelation with the rest of His Word proves the 7 years of tribulation is for the saints but we are not appointed unto the year of wrath that occurs afterward:

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God appointed us not unto wrath, but unto the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

The tribulation is a wilderness trial for the saints who come out of the world as was typed(example) by Moses leading the Jews out of Egypt for history(His~story) must repeat:

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now these things happened unto them by way of example; and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 That which hath been is that which shall be; and that which hath been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. (10) Is there a thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been long ago, in the ages which were before us.

As we have proven above the “elect” leave after that tribulation after the sun is darkened. As the year of vengeance begins to commence, the elect are the first harvest to take place where the Lord Jesus Christ comes in the clouds to reap His saints:

Revelation 14:12-16 Here is the patience of the saints, they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (13) And I heard a voice from heaven saying, Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from henceforth: yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; for their works follow with them. (14) And I saw, and behold, a white cloud; and on the cloud I saw one sitting like unto a son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. (15) And another angel came out from the temple, crying with a great voice to him that sat on the cloud, Send forth thy sickle, and reap: for the hour to reap is come; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. (16) And he that sat on the cloud cast his sickle upon the earth; and the earth was reaped.

All a Christian has to do is study every NT passage where Jesus is coming in the clouds to prove that the ONLY rapture/resurrection is after the tribulation:

Matthew 24:29-31 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (31) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven(those raptured) to the other(those resurrected).

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Henceforth ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

Mark 13:24-27 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, (25) and the stars shall be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens shall be shaken. (26) And then shall they see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. (27) And then shall he send forth the angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth(those raptured) to the uttermost part of heaven(those resurrected).

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.

Luke 21:25-28 And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the billows; (26) men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. (27) And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. (28) But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads; because your redemption draweth nigh.

Acts 1:9-11 And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. (10) And while they were looking stedfastly into heaven as he went, behold two men stood by them in white apparel; (11) who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we that are alive, that are left unto the coming of the Lord, shall in no wise precede them that are fallen asleep. (16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first; (17) then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they that pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 14:14-16 And I saw, and behold, a white cloud; and on the cloud I saw one sitting like unto a son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. (15) And another angel came out from the temple, crying with a great voice to him that sat on the cloud, Send forth thy sickle, and reap: for the hour to reap is come; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. (16) And he that sat on the cloud cast his sickle upon the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Those passages above in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 are part of the Olivet discourse where Jesus clearly proves He is coming only once in the clouds with angels and the sound of a trumpet AFTER the tribulation to receive the elect as one body of saints in Christ:

Matthew 24:3 And as he sat on the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

So Paul’s recording of this event can only happen after the tribulation and the sun is darkened:

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. (16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The fact that every eye of all the tribes of the earth will mourn when they see Jesus coming in the clouds proves there is NO secret rapture:

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they that pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over him. Even so, Amen.

Everyone of those passages are clearly proving that the ONE and ONLY time Jesus is coming in the clouds to harvest the saints from the earth is AFTER the tribulation. Then at the end of the year of wrath Jesus doesn’t just come to the clouds but the whole way down to the earth on a white horse with His army of saints on white horses to make war:

Revelation 19:11-15 And I saw the heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and he that sat thereon called Faithful and True; and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. (12) And his eyes are a flame of fire, and upon his head are many diadems; and he hath a name written which no one knoweth but he himself. (13) And he is arrayed in a garment sprinkled with blood: and his name is called The Word of God. (14) And the armies which are in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and pure. (15) And out of his mouth proceedeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath of God, the Almighty.

Edited by Moby

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

261338165_Daniels70thWeek.jpg.495e0d1bf430be63a8e6a1ffa56de9f8.jpg

Sorry bro but the 1335 days run concurrently with the 1290 days as this passage clarifies when it says: "from the time that the continual burnt-offering shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up":

Daniel 12:11-12  And from the time that the continual burnt-offering shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand and two hundred and ninety days.  (12)  Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

So the phrase "from the time" means both sets of days are starting from the same point.

3 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

You stated: "Then at the end of the year of wrath"

There's no such thing as a "YEAR of wrath". However,  The wrath of God is revealed in the day of the Lord ,  a complete restoration of the heavens and earth through the cleansing of FIRE. The people of God  who are alive in that day will be gathered or caught up, away from God's fiery vengeance or be in the midst of "the fiery furnace" in our new spiritual bodies. 

Certainty the length of time of this incredible event is quite a mystery. There is alot going on.  "day" (strong's #3117) can also mean "time" as well.

You are welcome to disagree with Father's Word but these four passages are clearly proving the "day of the Lord" is a year long:

Jeremiah 46:10 For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

Isaiah 34:8 For Jehovah has a day of vengeance, the year of recompense for the cause of Zion.

Isaiah 61:2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor, the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isaiah 63:4 For the day of vengeance was in my heart, the year of my redeemed is come.

From those 4 passages above we can conclude “the day of the Lord” is also called “the day of vengeance of our God” to proclaim “the year of the Lord’s favor” that He also declares is “the year of recompense” and the “year of the His redeemed” when he pours out His wrath which comes  after the tribulation is over and the sun and moon are darkened: