luigi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

"wars rumors of wars, famines, pestilence, earthquakes.
All these are the beginnings of sorrows." 

"Then shall they deliver you (Christians) up to tribulation, and shall kill you:
and you shall be hated of all nations for my names sake."

Matthew 24:7-9

I think one strong catalyst for the hatred is a deception relating to what is outside of the sky and the false notion of 'beings from other planets' with 'advance knowledge'.

The world will be given the false notion that we know for sure that there is no 'God', because of the supposed 'aliens'.

The world will be led to exclude those who don't believe in the aliens,
similar to the 'exclusions' that took place during the ww2 era.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

My take is that the beginning of sorrows started with the first world war. This is the point in time when civilization reached the point where it was able to operate on a global scale. The point where the concept of a one world government was conceived.

Hi Traveller, The first world war and the 1918-1919 pandemic could be construed as the beginning of sorrows in the Olivet discourse, as these are two of the items the Lord informs us will occur. There are, however, other criteria that have not occurred, including that the generation who will see these events, will not disappear before the Lords return. Additionally, as the times in which the beginning of sorrows occur are supposed to be the worst of times ever experienced by the faithful, and things have been relatively good throughout most places of the earth at various times since the early 20th century, those over a century ago events can then not be the beginning of sorrows in the Olivet discourse.

As I mentioned in earlier posts here on this topic, the beginning of sorrows in the Olivet discourse which are to be the worst of times the faithful experience appear to correlate with the destruction to 1/3 of all of earth's environmental resources depicted in Revelation 8. This is because with the opening of the bottomless pit in Revelation 9, the beast of seven heads and 10 horns shall ascend, with whom will be the mouth speaking great things, both of whom represent the abomination of desolation in the Olivet discourse.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/14/2021 at 11:03 AM, Diaste said:

I would be looking for something falling from heavens that burns up the trees and grass and makes the water bitter. 

Wormwood > nuclear radiation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,645
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/10/2021 at 2:34 AM, Waggles said:

Wormwood > nuclear radiation.

Could be. I have been thinking a burning mountain could be a meteor that strikes the earth. I know some have been predicting that. Might be right one of these times. :)

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

Could be. I have been thinking a burning mountain could be a meteor that strikes the earth. I know some have been predicting that. Might be right one of these times. :)

Yes my money is on this credible possibility.

Rev 8:10  The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 
11  The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. 

This again is a poetic description of nuclear explosion. I think it was Oppenheimer who said that they had created the power of the Sun here on Earth.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,645
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Waggles said:

Rev 8:10  The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 
11  The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter. 

This again is a poetic description of nuclear explosion. I think it was Oppenheimer who said that they had created the power of the Sun here on Earth.

Pardon me; I think I got the two mixed up. I was thinking about the first trump.

Yes. A great star blazing like a torch could indeed be an ICBM reentering the atmosphere. 

Apologies.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

15 hours ago, Waggles said:

Could be spiritual also.

Stars are angels or in this case satan.

Evil spirits inhabit 1/3 people making them bitter(wicked) and they are destined to die for their wickedness.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

On 1/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, luigi said:

In the Olivet discourse, the Lord informs us of wars, famines, pestilences/pandemics...; now scientists are echoing the same message. Link and except below.
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...anity-denial-looming-collapse-civilization-we

Blumstein said. “Because our current ways of life are ecologically unsustainable (we’re living in an ecological Ponzi scheme), we fully anticipate more—and more deadly—pandemics in the future. We expect civil unrest, wars, and famines. We are all shaken by the likelihood of the collapse of civilization as we know it.”

This consensus by Blumstein and other scientists is right out of the Olivet discourse about how things are going to be in the end times.

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

You missed an important point: Just after saying "wars and rumors of wars" and before saying "pestilences," He said, "the end is not yet" telling us these are church age events and not just end time events. AT this time in His discourse, He had not mentioned "the end," and does not until verse 13 or 14.

On 1/14/2021 at 5:55 AM, luigi said:

Blumstein said. “Because our current ways of life are ecologically unsustainable (we’re living in an ecological Ponzi scheme), we fully anticipate more—and more deadly—pandemics in the future. We expect civil unrest, wars, and famines. We are all shaken by the likelihood of the collapse of civilization as we know it.”

Luke chapter 21and Matthew chapter 24 should be read in parallel: various prophecies concerning the first destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD; and also in respect to the last days; and his return at the last day. Which verses are applicable to either scenario? Or does history repeat itself again? 

Then there are similar references in the epistles to apostasy in the last days, the destruction of the world, the man of lawlessness being revealed, and so on.

Revelation chapter 16 > Armageddon >> Zechariah chapter 12 

Zechariah chapter 14:12  And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples that wage war against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

Rev 9:6  And in those days people will seek death and will not find it. They will long to die, but death will flee from them. [radiation poisoning?]

there is really quite a lot of references to the second coming of our Lord and God and the destruction of the wicked 

Malachi 4:1  “For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the LORD of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

15 hours ago, iamlamad said:

You missed an important point: Just after saying "wars and rumors of wars" and before saying "pestilences," He said, "the end is not yet" telling us these are church age events and not just end time events. AT this time in His discourse, He had not mentioned "the end," and does not until verse 13 or 14.

I understand your perspective that the events in the Olivet discourse are intertwined with historic events covering many generation. However, the Lord also informs us that those who witness the events the Lord describes in the whole of the Olivet discourse, shall not perish before the end of the current world order under Satan comes to a close. I therefore choose to believe the beginning of sorrows events in the Olivet discourse in which wars, rumors of wars, pestilences, earthquakes, and where brother turns in brother, and parents turn in children, and children turn in parents unto the death, are all a single generation events.