IGNORED

CAN YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION IF YOU DON’T ‘Hold Firmly’?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

Salvation is God’s work. Not ours. You can’t save yourself or do anything to keep it that way. You are stripping God of His glory. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,690
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, FrankIeCip said:

We are His possession. Bought and paid for. We are now part of His own body. Will he cut off His toe and throw it away? We are not our own. Nothing can separate us from His love. Nothing can separate us from Him. We are His. 

I don't know if you are saying this so I will have to ask -If you are saved then you will always be saved? I believe this has generated the acronym OSAS (once saved always saved)?

Thanks, Charlie

Yes. Truly saved, born again by God's will, not our own are secured in Him forever. 
Long time no chat Charlie. Hope everything is good with you. ??
Thanks, Frank 

• Thumbs Up 1

Romans 8 37Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,  39nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
I’m pretty sure we count as something created. ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,690
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, FrankIeCip said:

Yes. Truly saved, born again by God's will, not our own are secured in Him forever. 
Long time no chat Charlie. Hope everything is good with you. ??
Thanks, Frank 

Great to see you are doing well and continue to contribute your thoughts! 

Okay, if we are once saved, always saved, then we can not ever lose our salvation .... but there are folks who were believers and saved and maybe down the line they may have experienced a real catastrophe - day a drunk driver killed his family while they were coming home from a soccer game.... and he just could not deal with it and blamed God for this - saying and believing, "how could you let this happen... I have been worshipping you my entire life and this is my reward"?

I don't believe one could or would say that "he was never really saved".... I believe this literally happened to Job and he would never abandon God or lose his faith and trust in God no matter what happened, but we are not Job.... 

Theoretically, I certainly believe we can lose our faith and those that are not believers can gain faith in Jesus.... but when life happens to us in ways that almost destroy us, the theoretical goes away and anything can occur...

Look forward to your thoughts.... difficult issue, Charlie

Yes we can absolutely say they were never saved. Remember we don’t know who is truly saved. We may have an idea but it’s God’s business. We are not Job but we are like him. Whatever comes our way we can handle because He will not give us more than we can handle. God forbid I lose my daughter. That’s not gonna change me. I will be devastated but I cant blame God. She’s my daughter but she belongs to Him. Everything is His. And we do not mourn as others, having no hope. God is sovereign and in control. His will be done. ??

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 John 2:19

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest clancy
1 hour ago, FrankIeCip said:

Whoever can walk away, lose faith, or whatever were NEVER HIS in the first place. I’m not gonna go back and forth with this. I just encourage you to read your Bible carefully and prayerfully. Remember there are wheat(born again/regenerate) and tares (professing Christians). They say they are in Him but He was never in them. If any man have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of His. You guys are basing your salvation on works whether you realize it or not. 

Excellent post Bro....Amen!!

Guest clancy
50 minutes ago, FrankIeCip said:

Salvation is God’s work. Not ours. You can’t save yourself or do anything to keep it that way. You are stripping God of His glory. 

Amen!!.....whoever the Father gives to Jesus, He will never lose one,” not one”......we are His...

Guest clancy
22 minutes ago, FrankIeCip said:

Yes we can absolutely say they were never saved. Remember we don’t know who is truly saved. We may have an idea but it’s God’s business. We are not Job but we are like him. Whatever comes our way we can handle because He will not give us more than we can handle. God forbid I lose my daughter. That’s not gonna change me. I will be devastated but I cant blame God. She’s my daughter but she belongs to Him. Everything is His. And we do not mourn as others, having no hope. God is sovereign and in control. His will be done. ??

My thoughts and belief exactly...Praise God.Frankie!!