IGNORED

Scared because I haven’t been living right and I don’t know how to surrender my heart to God.

Caitlin _

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,168
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  98

On 1/31/2021 at 1:35 PM, Caitlin _ said:

I have bad OCD  intrusive thoughts so I haven’t prayed to God properly in like 2 weeks. I struggle with unwanted sinful thoughts.

You wrestle with a disorder, do you not? You're young and are only beginning your walk toward the Lord. Never fear because Jesus Christ leads you, instructs you, and changes you one... step... at a time. The nature of the disorder you suffer from means that you are barraged with all manner of thoughts on an involuntary basis. Don't you think the Lord knows this, @Caitlin _?

And still He chose you. If there's anything I hope you take away from the words I have for you today, it's this: Jesus Christ chose you. 

Because you are young and struggle with OCD, it seems as if everything's lost on a daily basis. Not so. Mark these words: not only does our Father in heaven have regard for your affliction, but His Son has things in store for you which only He knows. I was young once and struggled with a disability which shares some things in common with OCD. And yet with the passage of time God's work took root and flourished...

But patience is something the young have yet to embrace. Don't worry yourself, Christ has not abandoned you. :)  

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, JTC said:

Hi Catlin,   First of all, I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Secondly, I was both wrong and right in what I said about meds for OCD. There are several meds that are said to work, but there are no meds designed specifically to stop the symptoms of OCD. That's the part I was wrong about. Even so, that doesn't mean the meds used don't work. There are a lot of drugs that work on more than one kind of illness. For example, antihistamines were made to work on severe head colds, or even the flu, but some also work well as a sleeping pill. When I first looked for meds for OCD I found more than I'm finding right now. Oh well, that's google for you. Originally I found a list that included aspirin, although I don't understand how aspirin can help.

It seems most of the meds listed are SSRIs which are also used for depression. No matter how we look at this you will need some kind of doctor. My first thought is a psychiatrist, but maybe a regular doc can help. Whether the doc is a psychiatrist or not, I'd ask him if he has experience treating OCD, that's more important than his title. That's how the medical field is.

I also found that various forms of talk therapy are considered better than meds, or should be used along with meds. Talk therapy can definitely work because I used it when I was a little older than you.

If you want to see the list of meds, google meds for OCD. I'm sorry if I gave you false hope, I thought we had made more progress in this.

In any case I hope you don't still think God is mad at you, or Jesus doesn't want to hear your prayers, because our God is not like that. Take care of yourself Catlin and I do think a combination of talk therapy, meds and prayers will help you.

JTC

Thank you 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

56 minutes ago, Caitlin _ said:

Thank you 

You are very welcome, Catlin.

Please remember this, if I can ever be of any help to you feel free to send me a PM. I've been saved some 40 to 42 yrs so I know quite a bit about our Lord. My memory's still not bad and I can actually remember when I'd hear some half baked preacher explain something wrong and then panic would set in as I doubted my faith, or if I was ever even saved in the first place. There was no Internet in those days so I couldn't even ask anyone. All I could do was be scared and read as much scripture as possible. Usually, eventually I figured out the half baked preacher was interpreting certain scriptures wrong. Catlin, God has given all of us several gifts to help us in this life. Some are spiritual gifts, such as Paul described in 1 Corinthians. But there are also what I call the human gifts, which are just as important. Some guys got great muscles, other guys phenomenal looks. God gave me an intelligent brain. So I can help you with spiritual matters, but I was also trained as a talk therapist when I was young. And since my own health was never great, I know quite a bit about meds. In other words, suppose you go to some kind of doc someday, and you just aren't sure if he/she is giving you the right advice or the correct meds? You can go ask another doc, but you will find 1 doc almost will never say anything negative about the first doc. It goes against their medical ethics, or something like that. I'm retired and I've had so many bad docs do me harm, in the past, I will always give you the best opinion I can. In addition I rely on the Lord to help me help others.

So remember, if you need me send me a PM. It may take me a while to answer, but I will always answer.

God Bless,

JTC

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,647
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I don't believe fear is what God wants from us.

Reverence. Respect. And he wants us to face the

reality that the life we take so for granted is not

permanent, and the afterlife (which is permanent)

has two destinies. God has painstakingly shown,

proven, warned humanity that only by faith in his Son

who died in our place for our sin will we have eternal life /

Grace... all else is eternal doom.

How we live this life after that eternal destination change

either benefits ourselves and others or burdens ourselves and

others.

Do something stupid... suffer the consequences.

Do something good, caring or compassionate... you may still 

suffer because others in your life are up to no good.

It's where we live.

This life is the most hell a believer in Jesus Christ will ever know.

At the same time this life is the most heaven an unbeliever in Jesus

Christ will ever know.

Count your blessings. Appreciate them.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 John 1:9 = "fess up."

Face it. Admit it.

I sinned.

I wonder what would have happened in Eden

if Adam or Eve owned their sin? Neither did.

I have dodged my own guilt time without number

I'm sorry to say. I almost always came around sooner or later...

but God's not keeping score on this...

confessing / facing our sin (to God only by the way read Psalm 51:4)

is for our benefit.

God knew our sin before there ever was an Earth.

We're not informing God with our confession.

We are admitting it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you "haven't been living right..." 

then start living right today, right

now.

You are discerning enough to know you haven't been...

so start.

God and serving God is very practical. 

We need not gum it up with religion or superstition...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/31/2021 at 12:35 PM, Caitlin _ said:

I think I’ve been living in ungodliness and didn’t realise it.

I don’t think I was living to honour God. 

This is the video I watched:-

Because I think I was living to honour myself and not God

I’m worried incase I used Gods grace as a lisence tk sin because I’ve complained a lot

I’m scared incase Gods angry at me. 

The video I watched says that some Christians have their hearts surrendered to Jesus and they still struggle sometimes and then there’s their people who are ungodly and aren’t living to honour God but to themselves

I’m scared so I am. I’ve complained in my head so much like every day and I spend all day on my phone and I didn’t think about living to honour God. I didn’t even think. 

The video said that some have the show of a Christian but it ungodly and fellowship with Christians. 
I fellowship with Christians online and I quote scriptures all the time and think about God. But I haven’t been living to honour Him. The video also said people twist the gospel to fit their own flesh. I have been angry in my head and complained in my head and lay in my bed all day. I haven’t really been acting the godliest and because of ocd thoghts always running through my head I find it hard to talk trying to tame my thoughts every second and sometimes I speak in a non gentle way and it looks really rude. 

I don’t think I’ve been serving God. Jesus scares me all the time so I find it hard to feel emotion and focus on Him. 

I go on my phone all day every day and stay in my bed all day and barley leave my room because idk what else to do. I have nowhere to go nothing to do.

I have bad OCD  intrusive thoughts so I haven’t prayed to God properly in like 2 weeks. I struggle with unwanted sinful thoughts.

would Jesus even want me to pray to Him if I don’t feel emotion for Him. 

I don’t know how to surrender my heart to Hin and I don’t know how to deny myself or take up my cross and follow Him. 

I don’t know what Gods will is.

I’m scared incase Gods angry at me. 
please help     thank you for reading ?:)

---------------------------------------------------

My Name is Mike

There is a great number Of Believers who have walked on this same street you are on. You do not have fear our Lord because you  fell short of the mark. fear of God is respect of God and His righteousness. And that is a good thing. Do you remember why Christ went to the cross for us. Do you  not remember that there is not one who can live up to  God and what we think he expects for us. The flesh is always at war with  the Spirit. You are not alone when you say you think bad thoughts and ready to believe God has fire in his eyes ready to throw  us in  hell. 

You say you  fear to pray which is  just what The devil wants. Understand that no matter how badly  you have fallen that God is still patient  and not willing for any to be lost. That Jesus said  I will never leave you or forsake you.  Don't be afraid to go to God with these concerns. This exactly is what we must do. God knows what every one of us struggles with. David committed Murder and coveted the mans wife. David tried to get away with it thinking maybe God did not see. He was so wrong because nothing escape's God. God sent a profit to David to tell Him of what he did. He prayed in  ernest to God in Psalm 51. I have had to read it many times. Besides you really we have no choice but to go to the Lord with this because you cannot return to the world and its ways. It is only death and there is no life in it for you. Jesus is our only hope. If it were not for Gods grace we would all be consumed.  God's Love for us is long suffering and all consuming love. Hang in there  and never fear.      

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1