IGNORED

Does water baptism precede regeneration?

Regenerated-Adult

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.39
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I cleaned up this thread. I don't know exactly what is going on, but lately there have been an awful lot of vitriolic attacks and comment on display.

C'mon brethren. Really.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Correct - they are born new again or rather born from above by obedience to God's commandments to undergo water baptism and Holy Spirit baptism (with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues).

You can do it your way (self will) but I prefer to do it God's way. 

Have a nice day. 

Waggles, that sounds like you have worked for salvation.

Salvation is a free gift from God, we don’t work for it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, clancy said:

Waggles, that sounds like you have worked for salvation.

Salvation is a free gift from God, we don’t work for it?

Is faith works?

Is believing in the word of God works?

Is responding to the commandments of God works?

Is being born from above works?

Is seeking God works?

Grace and mercy are the free gifts of God through Christ Jesus but we need to do our part ... 

Hebrews 11:6  And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Mark 16:16  Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Edited by Waggles

14 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Is faith works?

Is believing in the word of God works?

Is responding to the commandments of God works?

Is being born from above works?

Is seeking God works?

Grace and mercy are the free gifts of God through Christ Jesus but we need to do our part ... 

Hebrews 11:6  And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Mark 16:16  Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Yes, they can all be work based, if you haven’t been born again,

baptised in the Holy Spirit.

God testifies to our spirit, that we are his child,

You can’t work for salvation, it’s a free gift from God....

I will leave it there,Waggles, no good going round in circles,...your belief is yours, mine is mine.....God Bless.

Edited by clancy

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Frits said:

This great miracle, this special wisdom and justice, this all-surpassing grace and love of God the Father, was expressed by the Lord Jesus Himself when He allowed himself to be immersed in the waters of the Jordan.

And He then said:

'Mat 3:15 KJV And Jesus answering ..: 'for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness.'

He was Jewish and doing what was the Jewish rite. This was all done before he rose from the dead which changed everything.

13 hours ago, Waggles said:

A way bit too simple. The Law is never done away with. The Law was transferred from applying to the nation of Israel with the Levitical priesthood and Temple worship (with animal sacrifices) over to circumcision of the heart wherein the Law is within us so that we can fullfil the Law in our walk in the Spirit. 

Psalm 40:6  In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required. 
7  Then I said, “Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me: 
8  I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.” 

Jeremiah 31:33  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 
34  And no longer shall each one teach his neighbour and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” 

2Corinthians 3:3  And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

If you think the Law applies to us in any way shape or form. Then we do not agree.

14 hours ago, Frits said:

Bro Peter,

I am a Christian just like you and I am very happy that the Book of Revelation was not written to an ethnic people in the MO, but especially to the Christians.

Op 1:11 KJV Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches ..'

If the book of Revelation was written to Christians. Then it was to inform them about what is going to happen to the Jews because the book of Revelation does not fit with what is written in the Epistles.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.39
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Peterlag said:

If the book of Revelation was written to Christians. Then it was to inform them about what is going to happen to the Jews because the book of Revelation does not fit with what is written in the Epistles.

What do you mean it by doesn't fit?

14 hours ago, Waggles said:

1Corinthians 10:1  For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, 
2  and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 
3  and all ate the same spiritual food, 
4  and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ. 
5  Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 
6  Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. 
7  Do not be idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.” 
8  We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day. 
9  We must not put Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents, 
10  nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer. 
11  Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. 
12  Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall. 

I agree the old testament is for our learning. But it was not written to us. We have the new covenant now.

14 hours ago, Waggles said:

Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Hebrews does not say 3000 years past yesterday.