IGNORED

Should I Tell My Non-Christian Friends God has Determined Them to Go to Hell?

Uber Genius

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, clancy said:

Wow!!....that is some testimony. Have you shared it on worthy?

i would love to read your testimony if you have?

Any stories of Spirits gifts of miraculous powers - Gifts of the Spirit - Worthy Christian Forums 

33 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

Ephesians 1:4,5

"For He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will."

Those whom are saved are so because they were predestined by God to be saved, right?

He chose some to be saved other not to be.

Hhhmmm I believe that scriptures references to predestined are explaining how the plan of salvation was put into place before we existed ... the plan of redemption was predestined and we were created to partake of that redemption and salvation. God foreknew our our rebellion and fall, but his love for us would be great enough to endure Golgotha for the glory of his church, and for all who would eventually be granted eternal life through God's grace. 

2Tim 1:8  Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, 
9  who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, [before the world began] 
10  and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Saviour Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 

Titus 1:2  In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

5 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

Firstly, you might want to go to my profile and read the "about me" section. Or look at the avatar. 

Uber Genius        a geniuses genius

I did read your 'about me' section.
Can't figure why the trap.
God is light.........

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation

It depends how you intend to do this?

Just saying in the middle of a conversation, ' you know that when you die you will go to hell!'  Is not a good method of evangelism.

Even if they ask, ' Do you believe I am going to hell?' does not merit a yes/no answer.

Our role is to point/introduce non Christians to Jesus, not to predict their future.

If they understand the gospel and have clearly rejected Jesus then depending on your knowledge of them you might warn them of God's rightous judgement.

I would be very reluctant to just tell someone you are going to hell.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Even if predestination was what many believe it to be...

It is NOT something to lead with among the unsaved

and NOT with those whom you hope to convince to believe the

Gospel.

God in Christ is trying to save people FROM hell not send people TO hell.

Hell is a done deal already for unbelieving humanity.

John 3:16–18 (NASB95)
16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This is where the emphasis must be.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

"By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestinated to life or to death."

Calvin's Institutes of Christian Religion Book 3, Chapter 21, Paragraph 5

Also is this the Christian Priviledge my BLM friends keep telling me about?

You Quote John Calvin

You did not quote God or His word

Calvin is not God. and he is wrong

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

7 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

"By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestinated to life or to death."

Its not true.

Salvation of Jesus is available to every one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Since we don't know what God knows so we should never tell someone they are destined for hell.  But you should certainly tell them that heaven will be their destination if they choose Jesus.

Jno 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

There is a reason this is such a popular verse.  "Whosever" may be today's atheist and tomorrow's saint.  The great apostle Paul wasn't looking too good when he was persecuting Christians, until Jesus made himself known to him.  In fact none of us were pleasing to God, until we came to Jesus and became sons of God.  We don't know who will come to Jesus today, tomorrow, or even at the very end of their time in this world.  But God knows, because he knows everything.  That's why Jesus is the proper judge, and will move hearts to him at the time of his choosing.

For us the answer is simple.  We are to bring as many people to a knowledge and love of Jesus Christ as we possibly can.  This is the greatest love that we can give.  Jesus exceeded anything that we can do by dying for the sins of all mankind.  This was the greatest act of love in the history of history.  You cannot bring people to Jesus by driving them away from Jesus.  Jesus is real.  And hell is real too.  But love will always work better than fear to bring people to Jesus.  Be honest.  But be loving   Again Jesus is the best example.  He spoke of hell.  But he is the one that saves us from it.  Out of pure and forgiving love.

All things occur within the will of God, including salvation.  But we are expected to do our part as sons of God, and let God save WHOSOEVER earnestly seeks him.

1 Cor 3:6-7

I have planted, Apollo has watered, but God gave the increase.  So neither is he who planted anything, neither he that watereth, but God that giveth the increase.

The gospel is the "good news", literally.  Eternal life with Jesus is available to "WHOSOEVER" will beleive in him as their savior.  God knows who will accept this free gift before we do, and actually before the foundations of the world.  He is never caught off guard, or surprised.  This is predestination coinciding with our own free will.  It's up to us to exercise the free will part.  God will handle the predestination part.  He will never be surprised at who comes to him, no matter how bad they may look to us before they do.  This is a really good reason to love your neighbor.  Even the ones in a vile state today, may become new creatures in Christ tomorrow.

We will probably be surprised by some people we see in heaven.  And sadly, some that we don't.  Let's let Jesus sit on the throne and judge.  I think he's earned it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

I think hell is where we are after we sin, and heaven is where we are after we repent. I don't see anyone spending eternity in hell unless they refuse to repent throughout all of eternity. 

[17] "Yet your people say, `The way of the Lord is not just'; when it is their own way that is not just.
[18] When the righteous turns from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, he shall die for it.
[19] And when the wicked turns from his wickedness, and does what is lawful and right, he shall live by it.
[20] Yet you say, `The way of the Lord is not just.' O house of Israel, I will judge each of you according to his ways." Ezekiel 33:17-20 RSV

5 hours ago, Logostician said:

But be loving   Again Jesus is the best example.  He spoke of hell.

Hell is a mistranslation - old time RCC theology product. 

Hell - G1067 γέεννα geenna  gheh'-en-nah > the valley of Gehenna > a rubbish dump that continually smoked from fires that burned. 
Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 12

Mark 9:47  And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, 
48  ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ 

Souls that face eternal condemnation do not go to Hell - they are thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death.

Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 
14  Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 
15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Edited by Waggles