Regenerated-Adult

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

about theology, morality, philosophy, science, history, and so on.  If they were actually saints, they probably wouldn't engage in such crass and gross behaviour with other people who claim to be "born again".  Yet it continues to happen, and there is seemingly no end in sight.

It's not any part of my conception of what a Christian is supposed to be, or be like.

When Christians gather together, and someone says, "You just committed the ad hom fallacy", you know you are dealing with nothing but a troll and not a saint, by any means.

It's amazing to me to see a group of people united in something disunited in the small print of it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,453
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

51 minutes ago, Regenerated-Adult said:

about theology, morality, philosophy, science, history, and so on.  If they were actually saints, they probably wouldn't engage in such crass and gross behaviour with other people who claim to be "born again".  Yet it continues to happen, and there is seemingly no end in sight.

It's not any part of my conception of what a Christian is supposed to be, or be like.

When Christians gather together, and someone says, "You just committed the ad hom fallacy", you know you are dealing with nothing but a troll and not a saint, by any means.

It's amazing to me to see a group of people united in something disunited in the small print of it.

I understand what you are saying and agree with some of the sentiments you've expressed, but let's remember that Jesus Christ has called forth a many-membered Body from this world. This is a truth which @Riverwalker touches upon in his response to you, how none of us possesses the "entire picture" and in fact, have need of one another to complete the knowledge which His Spirit imparts to us all. 

Yes, this is key: the Lord is pleased to impart knowledge to us all. Considering how we're all men and women who see darkly and know only in part, the beauty of God's wisdom is manifest in how each of us bears something good and worthwhile to contribute to the Body of Christ. 

Some are learned in letters while others bear the faith of a child; some of us have have suffered trial and tribulation in no small measure in this world. Others have endured in the faith for many years... the point being that the same Spirit ministers to us and so we share much in common, but the Lord imparts different gifts and talents to each. 

Never forget that while we are in this world we are learning, growing, and being conformed to the image of the Son of God by His Spirit. "Work in progress" applies to us, @Regenerated-Adult. The Lord revealed much about His mercy and forgiveness to me, and so I'm quick to encourage my brothers and sisters to bear with each other, pouring out the same love for each other that Christ bears for us all.

There's also the matter of this medium. Written communication alone can be perilous at times, another reason why I urge patience and mercy.  Let us forgive one another because love covers all things. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

While I agree with all that is being said, what I noticed missing is the ability to properly communicate an idea or thought.   I do not speak well in a public setting, but when given the time to write out my thoughts, they become much clearer and to the point without being offensive, unless they are meant to be offensive.  There is also the Teacher/Student attitude some hold dear to where they are the teacher, so what they say is correct, and you, being the student, must accept what is being taught.  There is also pride and arrogance we all have to deal with.  I've found that when I take the time to write out what I want to say, reread it as if I was reading it for the first time (no preconceived idea as to what the author means), I can easily examine how I come across and make necessary corrections.  In other words, am I replying in the flesh or in the spirit? 

Edited by OneLight
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,453
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

While I agree with all that is being said, what I noticed missing is the ability to properly communicate an idea or thought.  

It was your place to add this, brother. I confess that whenever I witness the many-membered Body of Christ at work I can barely contain my excitement and joy. This is how it should be. What can I say?

The simple fact that God chose to bless me in such a way, that I might witness His marvelous works while I sojourn in this world, is a blessing beyond compare. It is my reward and altogether a humbling experience. I appreciate your contributions in the forum, @OneLight. I'm glad you're here. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

"Christians arguing with other Christians"

1 Cor. 11:18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. 19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, Regenerated-Adult said:

Sometimes we believe different things and like to discuss these things. We can learn from each other.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Regenerated-Adult said:

How dare you post this, you unscrupulous troll! 

(Just kidding)

• Haha 3