• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

15 minutes ago, Starise said:

I hate to say this but I believe it to be true. Many of the things said and taught with respect to the end times have the effect of inciting fear in God's people. This should never be.

I was hoping no one would bring this up. It is diabolical really. Preach hellfire and damnation and then insert 'rapture' so the good Christians that are in MY church and have purchased MY book will be saved from 'the wrath to come'. Step right up and make checks payable to...

Nasty! Wicked manipulation,

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Mathew 19:26

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

In Mathew 19:26 we can find what Jesus said to his disciples. 

Jesus did not say "with God all things are possible". No these are not the exact words he said.

The exact words are " ,but with God all things are possible".

What Jesus said he said withing a boarder withing the context at hand.

Jesus said: "with man this is impossible, but ...."

This is how the sentence begins and it does not end there, Jesus is taking about something specific that it is not possible with man. 

That was about "a camel to go through the eye of the needle".

(needle?)(what is "the eye of the needle?) 

The disciples understood him, but do we understand the same thing they understand?  Are we in tune minds with the disciples? 

They did not asked Jesus "what is the eye of the needle you are talking about, and it is as if they were in harmony of their minds, but are we?

And Jesus did not say that without a context, something had just happened that gave rise to what happened next.

The story was about a rich young man who made a request to Jesus to include him as one of his disciples. After the young man show eligibility according to the standards of the time and he pass the test, Jesus put another requirement on him, to sell all his goods before he followed him as one of his disciples. 

This is where the young man went away, and that made Jesus Christ say: what just had happened with the story of the rider, his Camel and the eye of the needle,

(the crack opening in the wall of the kingdom of God that could accommodate a man to go through but not his camel)

and Jesus saying it is not possible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.  

Jesus was telling his disciples that this rich young man was facing the wall surrounding the Kingdom of God and there was an opening on the wall enough for only a man to go through but not enough for the camel of this man.

But this rich young man who Jesus Christ had put him in the crack of the opening on the wall of the Kingdom of God he did not make the step to go through the narrow opening in the wall and in the kingdom of God because he was holding into his Camel, he did not want to leave everything and follow Jesus Christ like the other disciples had done. 

Then the disciples made a comment: 

Saying "then who would be saved".

Inspite of what happened with the rich young man, Jesus Christ said that he still would be saved because God had a plan to make it possible for also the rich to be saved while they are still holding into their wealth and God will still saved them, God had a plan to make it possible for them to enter his Kingdom while still holding into their wealth. 

And we know that what God will asked for them after Jesus Christ dieing on the Cross is to believe that he died for the forgiveness of their sins.

That's how God made it possible for the rich to enter into the Kingdom of God through faith in his Son Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

21 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

That was about "a camel to go through the eye of the needle".

(needle?)(what is "the eye of the needle?) 

The Aramaic that they were all using then denotes 'camel hair' and 'camel' as the same word when used in context. Camel hair is thick and almost impossible to thread on a needle.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest kingdombrat
1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

I was hoping no one would bring this up. It is diabolical really. Preach hellfire and damnation and then insert 'rapture' so the good Christians that are in MY church and have purchased MY book will be saved from 'the wrath to come'. Step right up and make checks payable to...

Nasty! Wicked manipulation,

I was raised in the Generation of Preachers where the [Great depression] and WWI - WWII and the witness of a booming economy crashing deep into the 1970's and rising in the 80's under Reagan.   Those [Great Preachers of God] dealt with several issues unlike we've seen.   It was a different era.   Our technology today makes their existence equivalent to the Ancient Hebrews using horns to alarm the peoples.   I myself witnessed the change and had to adapt to it.   These men were Great Shepherds of God.   And yes, I spent many after service moments around the altar.   And yes, my Grandfather preached a mixture of [Fire and Brimstone with Mercy and Grace].   But as a kid, you don't hear the Mercy and Grace because the Fire and Brimstone got you all kneed up and ready to hit that altar. 

Believe it or not, those Fire and Brimstone days are what constantly roamed my mind when I did my best to live without God.   God being God, knew I was a Rebel which is as equal to witchcraft.   God knew what I needed to be mindful of Him.   Grace and Mercy came later once I knew what it all meant, but Fire and Brimstone kept me close enough I never jumped too far to completely lose my way.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Alive said:

I offer a thought. Not as a criticism of the above. But a question to consider.

Why do we need to know what to expect?

So we won't be deceived.  

That is why were are given example after example of the types of 'kingdoms' that come against Christ and how they operate.  There is going to be a great falling away and it is not going to be through 'will', as no one who 'claims' to believe in Christ is going 'to decide' not to any longer but the falling away will be through deception, believing the lies that will be told, believing them because of the miracles that will be performed that they will be seeing with their own eyes.  Believing that the 'whole world' can't be wrong,  when we are told indeed it will be.  

The Book starts out with the battle for our souls and how it comes about.  It ends with the same thing.  God has given us all the information we need so that we will be able to SEE and to withstand the lies and deceptions coming our way.  

At least that is what I believe.  

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Before even the first century came to a close, the 'falling away' had begun. History informs us of this varied journey and we do well to observe it lest we repeat it. I have fortunately been involved in a few miracles - it is awesome. God truly is no respecter of persons. But the bells and whistles that may come soon now will be of an order of magnitude greater perhaps.

However, the (soon to be) possible signs and wonders will not be anything like the BANG when the Lord comes back. Now THAT will be sore amazing and impossible to obscure.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

I am just going to state my belief and make a quick comment about my belief of the  for the WHEN of the Bible prophecy of the end times.  

JESUS knew that Israel was 'under' the punishment given in Leviticus 26.  And it had a long ways to go before it would be fulfilled.   WAY MORE THAN 40 or so years.  

So Jesus KNEW that Israel would NOT become a nation and a people again until the 1900. If Christians would not ignore that fact,  many things would become clear as to what has AS AN EXAMPLE taken place and what has not taken place.  

So the prophecy for thy people and thy land  COuLD NOT happen until sometime after that point and couldn't happen to a people 'not my people'.  

SO ALL prophecy concerning the 'end times' could not have taken place at any time before that UNLESS CHRIST WOULD HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED.  But the King and the Kingdom were put in abeyance.  

The destruction of the temple was foretold by Jesus and  when speaking of its destruction of the temple did HE state Daniels prophecy being fulfilled?  He did say that evil generation, that generation of VIPERS aka snakes, asps, SERPENTS, would see it and they did.  And as a generation of VIPERS

they were NOT THY PEOPLE.  

I could be wrong but it will take scripture to convince me and so far, none of it has.  Not to mention the lack of clarity in answering questions posed.  It's like they are keeping those beliefs in the dark, not bringing them into the light to be examined.  

When asked 'what has already been fulfilled' and even given a list, crickets.  WHY?  

A simple example. 

Has the 2nd Advent of Christ taken place?  Yes or no.

If yes, when?  Why is this important?  Because we know the 'day' will be 1000 years.  We know that because we are told that.  We know that because Satan is to be bound that long.  SO we know that 1000 years AFTER the 2nd Advent SATAN is to be loosed to deceive the whole world and we know it will be SHORT.  AND we know that the lake of fire ends that and ALL WILL BE JUDGED.  I have not been judged because

here I am.   

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

What are we, are we the Royal Priesthood or the Temple of God? 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

39 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

So we won't be deceived.  

That is why were are given example after example of the types of 'kingdoms' that come against Christ and how they operate.  There is going to be a great falling away and it is not going to be through 'will', as no one who 'claims' to believe in Christ is going 'to decide' not to any longer but the falling away will be through deception, believing the lies that will be told, believing them because of the miracles that will be performed that they will be seeing with their own eyes.  Believing that the 'whole world' can't be wrong,  when we are told indeed it will be.  

The Book starts out with the battle for our souls and how it comes about.  It ends with the same thing.  God has given us all the information we need so that we will be able to SEE and to withstand the lies and deceptions coming our way.  

These are my thoughts.

Deceived how and by what? We know Christ and He knows us. We are hidden in Him and He is our Great Shepherd and such a Shepherd He is!

All of the lies and heretical teachings have already happened and yet here we are ---doctrinally solid as far as our Salvation goes and what we disagree on Salvitically, only pertains to our understanding and not our actual Salvation.

The elect can't be deceived Salvitically so what is there to be afraid of?

The Boogeyman that doesn't exist? Seriously.

The elect will know what we need to know whenever and if ever events concerned occur.

Yes--we are to be diligent and even watchful, but regarding what in our future?

I do not believe that our Lord wants us overly concerned about these things and yet most of the conversations on this forum relate to the future. What did Jesus say about that--to you and me in this time? He gave a warning for the benefit of those that would believe post cross in Jerusalem and they heeded--they recognized and split. Its done.

What He said that we can heed is "take no thought for tomorrow".

IMO

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

THE great falling away IS IN RELATION to the end times. 

A GREAT FALLING AWAY is the whole BELIEVING world,  falling away at the same time. AT the same time, like through a BIG event.   How do we KNOW?  Because Satan will DECEIVE the Whole World,  and to do that ALL the Christians living must be deceived. EXCEPT for those wearing the whole armor to withstand the darts.  

Has that ever happened?  IF so, WHO is it the whole world worshipped after,  because of the miracles and signs he performed in the sight of all men and believing him to be CHRIST RETURNED?  BECAUSE those are the requirements.  

Should be the simple to answer.  BUT it won't be.