• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,688
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, SONshine said:

Ah!  Interesting, Charlie. . .  I found this in a commentary:

SEVEN.  Denotes spiritual perfection.  It is the number or hallmark of the Holy Spirit’s work and He is the Author of God’s Word.

TEN.  Denotes ordinal perfection.  Another new first; after the ninth digit, when numeration commences anew”.

From these above definitions, it is seen that the 10th multiple of 7, gives the ordinally perfect number of 70; which in the Scriptures of the Holy Bible must have special significance and meaning.

When examining the number of times 70 is used in the Bible, it always has a link with specific events relative to Israel.

Thank you!  Do you have any thoughts on why God selected 70 AD? 

Thanks, Charlie 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you!  Do you have any thoughts on why God selected 70 AD? 

Thanks, Charlie 

Additionally, God in Psalm 82 berates the sons of God for doing a lousy job. He had apportioned the nations in Deut 32 to the number of the sons of God as their overseers (70). That was the result of Babel and the disobedience of then nations for not doing what God told them and instead built a ziggurat temple complex. So God scattered them and confused their language under the auspices of lesser sons of God. It was a punishment and only after Yeshua and Pentecost did God begin to draw the nations (gentiles) back into His family. Yeshua sent out 70 of His followers as a discreet telegraph that, HEY: THE KINGDOM IS NIGH UNTO YOU. Yeshua also went into gentile territory and ministered to them on several occasions.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

2 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Great.... but WHY 70 AD?

Why would God select that date for this to occur?

If we figure that out we will learn so much!!!

Charlie

If you are taking thoughts, 

1.  Most likely the answer is in there,  but He hasn't given us eyes to see it yet OR given it to anyone who has shared it yet. 

I myself believe that EVERYTHING may be  written in there but WE just can't see it yet.  I have read some passages 100 times and not until the 101st read,  did I 'see' the simplest truth.  And it usually happens at times like this.  THIS time was, 'the city and the temple were REBUILT' just FOR HIS coming, certainly keeps one humble.  

2.  The spiritual significance of the number 70.  I personally don't look for number significance everywhere, but I know God uses them.  The number '70' is perfect spiritual order 'carried out with all spiritual power and significance.  Both spirit and order are greatly emphasized' as far as I know.  

3. Maybe it was going to be significant if the kingdom would have been accepted.  

So far, that's all I have come up with. 

• Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, SONshine said:

Hope this answers your question, Charlie. 

The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 70

Seventy has a sacred meaning in the Bible that is made up of the factors of two perfect numbers, seven (representing perfection) and ten (representing completeness and God's law). As such, it symbolizes perfect spiritual order carried out with all power. It can also represent a period of judgment.

Seventy (70) elders were appointed by Moses (Numbers 11:16). After reading the covenant God gave him to read to the people, Moses took 70 elders, along with Aaron and his sons, up Mount Sinai to have a special meal with God himself (Exodus 24:9 - 11)!

Ancient Israel spent a total number of 70 years in captivity in Babylon (Jeremiah 29:10). Seventy is also specially connected with Jerusalem. The city kept 70 years of Sabbaths while Judah was in Babylonian captivity (Jeremiah 25:11). Seventy sevens (490 years) were determined upon Jerusalem for it to complete its transgressions, to make an end for sins and for everlasting righteousness to enter into it (Daniel 9:24).

I did not read this before I posted my post and when I read it I thought 'I just wrote that'.  Mysterious ways...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/27/2021 at 3:13 AM, Charlie744 said:

Great.... but WHY 70 AD?

Why would God select that date for this to occur?

If we figure that out we will learn so much!!!

70 AD -- 1948 (independence a nation is born in a day)  -- 2018 is 70th anniversary

The Zionists declared independence from British Israel in 1948

so when modern Israel celebrated her 70th anniversary of independence in 2018 it was 1948 years from 70 AD 

also of note Zionism movement is generally considered to have been founded by Theodor Herzl in 1897 plus 70 years = 1967 AD

Bible Numerics - - - everything is according to God's timing in His Great Week of 6,000 years from Adam to the parousia of Christ Jesus. Plus 1,000 year reign.

Edited by Waggles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,688
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Personally, I think it has an importance in the 1sr century AD......It may not necessarily me tied to the number 70 or it could but what about 40  - time between the cross and the desolation?

There  is alway a message for us to find .....  

What in Israel's past is similar to this timing .... where we see God's grace / saving and then punishment for their disobedience?

Just a thought, Charlie

44 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Personally, I think it has an importance in the 1sr century AD......It may not necessarily me tied to the number 70 or it could but what about 40  - time between the cross and the desolation?

There  is alway a message for us to find .....  

What in Israel's past is similar to this timing .... where we see God's grace / saving and then punishment for their disobedience?

Just a thought, Charlie

Exodus  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,153
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/26/2021 at 8:50 AM, Justin Adams said:

March AD 66: Book of Revelation arrives in Jerusalem: Seven autograph copies of the Book of Revelation arrive in Jerusalem via the seven messengers of the 7 Churches of Asia (Rev 2-3).

I should hope you are able to provide a source for this highly questionable statement.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,153
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, Charlie744 said:

WHY 70 AD?

From my blog article on Daniel 9:26b-27, found here:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1611-daniel-924-27-examined-part-7-were-verses-26b-27-fulfilled-historically/

I would suggest you read the whole article whenever you get the time.

"One issue that has rightly troubled many commentators is the gap in time, presumed by both the future and historical views, between the end of the 69 weeks of years and the beginning of the 70th. Some few people believe there was no gap, and the last seven (or three and one-half) years immediately followed the death of Jesus. However, they can provide no plausible argument for the fulfillment of the seven events prophesied by verses 26b-27. Nothing of the kind occurred in the 30s A.D.

"Likewise, the future view has no convincing biblical argument for a nearly 2000-year gap. The historical view does provide a legitimate reason for a gap, however, which is this: 40 years (or days) was Godʼs standard period for the testing of His people Israelʼs obedience. In particular, God tested Israelʼs faithfulness for 40 years after they entered into the Mosaic Covenant at Mount Sinai. All the Israelites of adult age who failed that test died.

"God likewise allotted 40 years to test whether the Jewish people, and especially their religious leaders, would accept or reject Christ’s New Covenant. After those 40 years were fulfilled, the rebels against the New Covenant had their holy city and Temple destroyed, which effectively ended many mandated practices of the Old Covenant. That covenant required both a Temple and a place to gather for the yearly festivals of the Law. Both places were destroyed, and the Temple was never rebuilt. ..."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

I should hope you are able to provide a source for this highly questionable statement.

https://www.bible.ca/revelation/Bible-Only-Revelation-Commentary-Josephus-Chronology-Destruction-Jerusalem-First-Jewish-War-70AD.htm

Or read Josephus whole account.

https://josephusonline.weebly.com/jewish-war.html#