IGNORED

Who gave the devil permission to assault Job?

Riverwalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

59 minutes ago, FrankIeCip said:

And PATIENCE. 

Remember the patience of Job. 

Yes, patient endurance is definitely a theme of the book of Job.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

According the to history provided in the Book of Jasher, Job was at one time a counselor to Pharaoh of Egypt during the time that Israel was in bondage there. Job provided evil counsel to Pharaoh when he asked for advice from all his counselors about how to cut down the on their baby boom problem. I can't help but think that that advice opened the door for his own children to be killed.

Jasher 66:17 And Job spoke before the king, the princes, and before all the elders of Egypt, saying,

18 Behold the counsel of the king which he advised formerly respecting the labor of the children of Israel is very good, and you must not remove from them that labor forever.

19 But this is the advice counselled by which you may lessen them, if it seems good to the king to afflict them.

20 Behold we have feared war for a long time, and we said, When Israel becomes fruitful in the land, they will drive us from the land if a war should take place.

21 If it please the king, let a royal decree go forth, and let it be written in the laws of Egypt which shall not be revoked, that every male child born to the Israelites, his blood shall be spilled upon the ground.

22 And by your doing this, when all the male children of Israel shall have died, the evil of their wars will cease; let the king do so and send for all the Hebrew midwives and order them in this matter to execute it; so the thing pleased the king and the princes, and the king did according to the word of Job.

23 And the king sent for the Hebrew midwives to be called, of which the name of one was Shephrah, and the name of the other Puah.

24 And the midwives came before the king, and stood in his presence.

25 And the king said unto them, When you do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools, if it be a son, then you shall kill him, but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.

26 But if you will not do this thing, then will I burn you up and all your houses with fire.

27 But the midwives feared God and did not hearken to the king of Egypt nor to his words, and when the Hebrew women brought forth to the midwife son or daughter, then did the midwife do all that was necessary to the child and let it live; thus did the midwives all the days.

The book of Jasher is not Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,873
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

26 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Hmm interesting, there is an account of a book of Jasher in scripture, what ever happen to it along with other books seems to have been lost to time or other something else. But if a book is mentioned in scripture yet unreadable does that make non scripture. 

Edited by BeyondET

54 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Hmm interesting, there is an account of a book of Jasher in scripture, what ever happen to it along with other books seems to have been lost to time or other something else. But if a book is mentioned in scripture yet unreadable does that make non scripture. 

Firstly, just because a book is mentioned in Scripture, does not make that book itself Scripture.

Secondly, just because a book is called by the same name as one in Scripture, does not mean that is the same book.

Thirdly, there are known forgeries of books mentioned in the Bible, see the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Jasher_(Pseudo-Jasher)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,231
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey Riverwalker "Okay its time to stir the pot again" amen. So lets push over some carts also :)

Does Satan have rights? First there is only one God and Satan was created. He is just a angel some believe one of if not the greatest, yet that is not written. Was so beautiful and full of wisdom. Christ said I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. There is no time and space there. He does not have to be in heaven to accuse the brethren. I do not believe he is in heaven nor hell . God asked him where'd you come from "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” also written about him"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." That's what he is doing right now. 

For me I have to take into account that Satan is the god of this world not God. When we Adam and Eve sinned we gave up what was ours to him. So many do not understand WHY we should always try to never sin. That SIN gives the enemy the right to do things in our lives. We repent AMEN He forgives but SIN in this world has a price.  So did not Satan say "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish." When they came to take Christ did He not say "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here." Satan is the god of this world and he has rights. 

Hard for me to go on. Well do we understand "authority"? Man I so envy so many of you.. words are SO hard for me. Its why I don't respond most of the time. Why is there a war still going on in heaven..well I think the 2nd heaven? There are angels  principalities, rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places.

In this world Christ came died rose praise GOD glory to JESUS! He said I gave you all power over the enemy "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.". So Satan has no right to touch me or those around me.. I know who I am in Christ I know who my Father is! 

Go back and search on all the things the enemy could do BEFORE Christ vs right now. Yeah.. SOMETHING that has all power is holding the lawless one back.. That I believe will be taken out of the way...soon..

Again this is what I believe.. and YEP I can be wrong haha..bless you ALL. I like reading what others believe.. man I wont to know if I am missing something OUR Father shares

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, leah777 said:

I do not believe any of the things you list.

You think Satan is capable of one of those 6 things on the list?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

5 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

25 For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me,
And what I dreaded has happened to me.

Has he given place to the devil? The case can be made that fear and faith are complete opposites and that one is ceding power to God and one is giving it to satan.

I worry about my grand children, I have 5 grandsons, 7, 6,5,5, and 2 these are their ages. They have pools in the yard, they run across streets without looking just to list a few worries. One of my 5 year olds was hit by a car last year in a cross walk holding his brothers hand, had to be air lifted to hospital, thank God he is ok.

So yes I have worries, but these worries bring me to the Lord, They make us closer to God. I can control nothing, so I bring my worries to the Lord. I hand them over to him, because in him I trust

What does Paul say in 2 cor 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

If my worry is a weakness and I bring it to him, then Christs power rests on me

To answer the opening post

Maybe it was Jobs worries that brought him to the Lord, maybe it was those worries that made him trust in the Lord, maybe it was because of those prayers, that God knew he would never turn away

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Lucifer/ Satan was a created cherub. He wanted to be god. The thing created is not greater than the Creator. One assertion is false all fall. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You think Satan is capable of one of those 6 things on the list?

No. I said that. I do not believe satan is or can be any of those six things. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,142
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 4/1/2021 at 2:56 PM, David1701 said:
On 4/1/2021 at 2:06 PM, WilliamL said:

According the to history provided in the Book of Jasher, ...

Expand  Expand  

The Book of Jasher is Hebraic history. Christians quote all kinds of truths from all kinds of historical sources. Problem?