• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi,

I feel sad and hopeless. I saw the gospel message like last may and believed it and repented but then I ended up having a thoughts problem after fear of the unpardonable sin and attacked with unwanted blasphemous thoughts made my head obsessive and I have a fear of thinking sinful thoughts. I’m 17.

My relationship with God isn’t good and I’m struggling to follow Jesus.

My head has a thought problem for like 5 months I think where I get tempted to think thoughts about people out of obsession and fear of breaking the commands.

I read cursing verses in the Bible and then my head obsessed over them and get tempted to think the word curse all the time and about others and other bad thoughts and I don’t mean them.

I find it hard to be around people now. I ‘complained’ in my head a lot about how sad I am and how I feel and stuff.

I’m scared because I think my heart maybe got filled with other things like worldly things maybe and my love for God.

I’m scared incase what if I don’t love Jesus or enough. I try to keep the commands but my head gets tempted to think thoughts about people — my head was never like this before until my head started obsessing over sinful thoghts.  And He said to keep the commands. And I think to myself a lot.

I’m scared because of my heart state: i think sinful thoughts made it less pure, soft, humble, loving etc..

And I’m scared about my heart state towards God and Jesus.

My head has bad thoughts a lot

I’m scared of hell and the end times and my family need saved.

I think the fear of death has caused me to love myself more and my life and everything like the flowers and colours and being able to walk etc... and I think it caused pride

I don’t think I’m on the narrow way and I struggle with thoughts everyday and  don’t feel desire for Jesus and like affection for Him. I don’t feel connection with Him and struggle to follow Him and have my heart set on Him. Idk how to change it. And my head mostly thinks about God the Father aswell and hard to focus on Jesus idkk why 

I’m scared because of the depart from me verse and the bad fruit broken branch verse and I’m scared of God leaving

I’m scared because of time and I feel far from God and I want to love Jesus and God more than myself and life.

thanks for reading :)

Edited by Caitlin _
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

A relationship with the Lord can take years to grow. There is no reason to think bad thoughts. We can concentrate on putting them out of mind and thinking good thoughts instead. When i have an impure thought i tell myself to think about pure things. The apostle Paul says that we should rejoice in the Lord always and think good thoughts and as a result the God of peace will be with us. Dont be so hard on yourself, Gods grace sustains us. Never give up hope in the Lord, no matter how bad it may seem at the time. A person with your honesty and humility and contrition is in a good place. Some people dont see their faults but you do because your eyes are open. I hope my words are helpful.

Edited by Whyme
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

Also, the scriptures teach us to cast our cares on the Lord. Pour your heart out to Him and walk by faith not sight. Dont look at how bad it is, look only to Jesus who alone can save you and will.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Just now, Whyme said:

A relationship with the Lord can take years to grow. There is no reason to think bad thoughts. We can concentrate on putting them out of mind and thinking good thoughts instead. When i have an impure thought i tell myself to think about pure things. The apostle Paul says that we should rejoice in the Lord always and think good thoughts and as a result the God of peace will be with us. Dont be so hard on yourself, Gods grace sustains us. Never give up hope in the Lord, no matter how bad it may seem at the time. A person with your honesty and humility and contrition is in a good place. Some people dont see their faults but you do because your eyes are open. I hope my words are helpful.

Thank you 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

This life is difficult at times, especially for the young who lack experience in many ways. Even Jesus himself asked God for mercy ("remove this cup" was how he asked to not be sacrificed). But Jesus knew the sacrifice was necessary so he complied without complaint. Take heart from this. God is in control. Trust him, even when -- especially when! -- you are afraid.

Luke 22:41-42 ESV

41 And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi,

I feel sad and hopeless. I saw the gospel message like last may and believed it and repented but then I ended up having a thoughts problem after fear of the unpardonable sin and attacked with unwanted blasphemous thoughts made my head obsessive and I have a fear of thinking sinful thoughts. I’m 17.

My head has a thought problem for like 5 months I think where I get tempted to think thoughts about people out of obsession and fear of breaking the commands.

I read cursing verses in the Bible and then my head obsessed over them and get tempted to think the word curse all the time and about others and other bad thoughts and I don’t mean them.

I find it hard to be around people now. I ‘complained’ in my head a lot about how sad I am and how I feel and stuff.

I’m scared because I think my heart maybe got filled with other things like worldly things maybe and my love for God.

I’m scared incase what if I don’t love Jesus or enough. I try to keep the commands but my head gets tempted to think thoughts about people — my head was never like this before until my head started obsessing over sinful thoghts.  And He said to keep the commands. And I think to myself a lot.

I’m scared because of my heart state: i think sinful thoughts made it less pure, soft, humble, loving etc..

I think the fear of death has caused me to love myself more and my life and everything like the flowers and colours and being able to walk etc... and I think it caused pride

I don’t think I’m on the narrow way and I struggle with thoughts everyday and  don’t feel desire for Jesus and like affection for Him. I don’t feel connection with Him and struggle to follow Him and have my heart set on Him. Idk how to change it. And my head mostly thinks about God the Father aswell and hard to focus on Jesus idkk why 

I’m scared because of the depart from me verse and the bad fruit broken branch verse and I’m scared of God leaving

I’m scared because of time and I feel far from God and I want to love Jesus and God more than myself and life.

God didnt ask too much from you but love others like you love yourself n avoid sin.

Just Get on daily life with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Caitlin,

Jesus knows we are not able to keep ourselves, but he is well able to. Just as others have said we are like a babe when we first come to Jesus. And like a babe we mess up etc. Jesus is still holding us.  

Then I read that you would like to grow and overcome all those thoughts etc that come against you. So...you are now in the school of the Holy Spirit. If you are able get an exercise book and write down an encouraging verse that you see in the Bible, from where you are reading. Then think on that during the day. You can also write other thoughts you have on that topic. 

If you do that over time, (doesn`t have to be everyday) you will realise that the Lord is speaking to you and encouraging you. This gives you more confidence and you will start to `feed` your spirit.

For too long we have fed our wants, our desires, our this, our that, but now it is our spirit that needs to grow. For that inner part is the part that is connected to God and can take in His wisdom and knowledge. Then that changes our minds, which have been tuned to the world and the negative way they think.

praying, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi,

Hi Caitlin,

It's normal. There are over 100 scriptures giving us comfort, encouragment, instruction on how to win this battle in our mind.

First, the fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom. So take a deep breath. Your in a good place. Proverbs 9:10

Second, we love because he loved us first. So just think on that a bit. He loves you. The King of glory loves you and your whole being desires to love him back. 1 john 4:19

Third, you heard the gospel and believed. Do you know while he was in the flesh on this earth Jesus prayed for you? Starting at John 17:20 but i recommend you completely read john 17

I believed the gospel when a friend took me to a youth rally at 13. The only scripture i knew,coming from an athiest family was romans 10:13 "whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" i didnt know anything else i went foward when they called and God loved me and jesus was my Lord and would save me. And i was forgiven.

By 20 i had had an abortion was living with my boy freind and found a bible at the house we were renting. I flipped it open only to find i was in big trouble with a holy  just and righteous God and had done so many things with the punishment of death. Which my (magic old king james) bible accused me of every time i flipped it open. 

I literally could feel the battle between jesus and his angels and the forces of satan in a war for my soul and it was all bouncing around in my head. 

Like you i just wanted to be right with Him again so i kept reading and could see i was already judged. My flesh will die some day because like adam i sinned against God. But Jesus became a heavenly seed inside me and gave me a new life thats eternal and His Holy spirit inside me will raise me from my grave and ill have a new body that doesnt have sin in it. Which was pretty good news when i got to those scriptures.

I just kept studying and asking Jesus about what i read not knowing i was supose to be gathering with  other Christians so they could share with me the mercy and comforts they recieved. But the Lord was so faithful and eventially got me where i needed to be. So more mature christians could help me.

My point is you can't make things right with God that's why He sent Jesus so he could make things right for you. So just keep letting him love you and teach you dont let your mind chase you away. Remember your mind is part of your flesh and not everything you think is true. But Jesus is the Truth and he is holding on to you. And nothing can ever seperate us from Gods love. Romans 8:31-39.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

8 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi,

Hello @Caitlin _, it's good to see you on the forum again.  

Many aren't aware that you suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but I haven't forgotten. Struggling with unwanted thoughts is the nature of your affliction, my young friend. Don't be dismayed!

I'll remind you that I faced a similar struggle when the Lord claimed me as His own. I was 26 when Jesus Christ saved me and now I'm closing in 60. Does it get better?

Yes, it does. You're in God's hand and you're not going anywhere. Write the following down and keep it where you can reach it quickly:

I belong to Jesus Christ, the Son of God. 

Read it over and over again whenever you experience an episode of unwanted thoughts. Praying for you as always. :)  

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1