• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

What is more racist than using Critical Race Theory to teach kids to hate white people?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

Is this question based on some specific example?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, johnthebaptist said:

What is more racist than using Critical Race Theory to teach kids to hate white people?

I don't think it works that way. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 6/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, johnthebaptist said:

Hmm.  I don't think that's the goal.  I think the goal is educate everyone concerning the true history of the US and the world for that matter.  This needs to be done because some people seem to forget why conditions are the way they are for minorities, in particular, African Americans in this country.  The truth will set you free is what Jesus said.  The truth is that the Europeans dominated what they considered to be inferior races in history (i.e. Africans, Indians, Asians, Native Americans).  This history has had real-world impacts that still reverberate today.  Look at India today.  The entire caste system of view lighter-skinned Indians as being higher in society and darker-skinned as being lesser is a racist system with roots probably left over by the British colonial system.  Look at the Hutus and Tutsis in Rwanda.  That entire system of division was created by the colonialists which had real-world impacts on the people of that country including genocide.  However, the division of Hutus and Tutsis is entirely made up and fake.  It was a distinction set up by the colonists.  Does that mean people should hate Europeans?  No, people should not hate anyone on the basis of race.  However, the truth is the truth.  History is necessary for people not to repeat the mistakes of the past (i.e. two world wars in less than 50 years started by the same country essentially).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

A bit tangential to this, but recent big news in Canada was the discovery of unmarked graves of indigenous children that died while attending the residential schools. In one BC town, remains of 219 children were located. In Saskatchewan, something like remains of 700 children have now been located. And so begins the search for even more. These kids were taken from their parents (sometimes forcibly) and sent to schools far from their families to get an education but also ended up facing abuse and neglect. For those that died there, parents were not even notified. When parents asked, no one responded. We have been dealing with this aftermath for decades now, but this just ramped up the terribleness by another factor. And these schools were run under the auspices of the church (mostly RCC, but not exclusively).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

2 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

Hmm.  I don't think that's the goal.  I think the goal is educate everyone concerning the true history of the US and the world for that matter.  This needs to be done because some people seem to forget why conditions are the way they are for minorities, in particular, African Americans in this country.  The truth will set you free is what Jesus said.  The truth is that the Europeans dominated what they considered to be inferior races in history (i.e. Africans, Indians, Asians, Native Americans).  This history has had real-world impacts that still reverberate today.  Look at India today.  The entire caste system of view lighter-skinned Indians as being higher in society and darker-skinned as being lesser is a racist system with roots probably left over by the British colonial system.  Look at the Hutus and Tutsis in Rwanda.  That entire system of division was created by the colonialists which had real-world impacts on the people of that country including genocide.  However, the division of Hutus and Tutsis is entirely made up and fake.  It was a distinction set up by the colonists.  Does that mean people should hate Europeans?  No, people should not hate anyone on the basis of race.  However, the truth is the truth.  History is necessary for people not to repeat the mistakes of the past (i.e. two world wars in less than 50 years started by the same country essentially).

Evidently, you have not been paying attention. The purpose is to teach white children they are inherently oppressors and black children that they are inherently oppressed.

IOW. cause white children to feel guilt for something they are not responsible for, and to teach black children that because of the past they can't succeed and should let the government take care of them.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

I think it's wrong to teach people to hate people simply because they have a different color of skin than their own.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/23/2021 at 7:55 PM, johnthebaptist said:

Critical Race Theory is not designed to get anyone to hate anyone else. I'm certain that there are people that use it that way, but that is a misuse of a benign legal and academic theory.

1 hour ago, Ozarkbound said:

IOW. cause white children to feel guilt for something they are not responsible for, and to teach black children that because of the past they can't succeed and should let the government take care of them.

This is also not the intent of CRT. The purpose of CRT is to analyze the racism (largely unintentional) that is inherent in many systems, such as law enforcement, education, health care, and housing. There really are differences in opportunities for people of different races, and it isn't hateful to recognize real differences. The purpose is not to create guilt, but understanding.

Personally, I did not put these systems in place, so I don't feel guilt about it. I do feel compelled to educate myself and learn more about the realities of life for a different race. I also believe that the Bible, including the teachings of Jesus Himself, emphasize caring for the disadvantaged in society, so I believe it is important to first recognize these issues and work towards solutions.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think people should read the actual documentation of it instead of taking someone elses idea of what it is about. Too many agendas out to trust anyone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

45 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Critical Race Theory is not designed to get anyone to hate anyone else. I'm certain that there are people that use it that way, but that is a misuse of a benign legal and academic theory.

This is also not the intent of CRT. The purpose of CRT is to analyze the racism (largely unintentional) that is inherent in many systems, such as law enforcement, education, health care, and housing. There really are differences in opportunities for people of different races, and it isn't hateful to recognize real differences. The purpose is not to create guilt, but understanding.

Personally, I did not put these systems in place, so I don't feel guilt about it. I do feel compelled to educate myself and learn more about the realities of life for a different race. I also believe that the Bible, including the teachings of Jesus Himself, emphasize caring for the disadvantaged in society, so I believe it is important to first recognize these issues and work towards solutions.

I have heard with my own ears many proponents of CRT state unequivocally that whites need to admit their culpability in the the oppression of blacks and to even feel personal guilt and shame. There are many examples of this kind of shaming, if you look.

This is what many are pushing on our children.