• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

21 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I am pointing that you haven't completely repented if you continue to sin.

If you continue to live in habitual sin, then you have not repented at all. 

Even those of us who are born again still sin sometimes, but we're always sorry about it and confess it to the Lord afterwards.

Edited by David1701
missing word

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 hours ago, David1701 said:

The key phrase here is "...when relied upon...".  Do you not realise that you are making the same mistake as enoob?  You are making man's reliance upon God the deciding factor in salvation, instead of God's grace.

As above.

Nevertheless, that is what it is.

No--I wasn't doing that. I was not connecting what I said to salvation. I have shared many times on this forum, what I believe about our common salvation (grace, regeneration, faith--the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension--being In Christ of the Father and all of that having nothing to do with our effort, intrinsic value or speciality--other than what God Himself wills.

When reesponding to what I thought enoob meant, I restrict that to a general principle of relying on what God says, which is directly connected to God's will.

2 hours ago, Alive said:

No--I wasn't doing that. I was not connecting what I said to salvation. I have shared many times on this forum, what I believe about our common salvation (grace, regeneration, faith--the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension--being In Christ of the Father and all of that having nothing to do with our effort, intrinsic value or speciality--other than what God Himself wills.

When reesponding to what I thought enoob meant, I restrict that to a general principle of relying on what God says, which is directly connected to God's will.

My OP, and my conversation with enoob, is about salvation.  Why would you change the subject, without letting anyone know (until now)?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, David1701 said:

My OP, and my conversation with enoob, is about salvation.  Why would you change the subject, without letting anyone know (until now)?

My intention wasn't to change the subject--only to respond to what I think was a misunderstanding of what enoob wrote. That particular statement only that you then responded to. I don;t think he meant what you think he meant.

:-)

Enoob then confirmed it.

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

My intention wasn't to change the subject--only to respond to what I think was a misunderstanding of what enoob wrote. That particular statement only that you then responded to. I don;t think he meant what you think he meant.

:-)

Enoob then confirmed it.

<sigh>

I have discussed it with him before.  Unless he has changed his views, then what I posted was correct.  I have, subsequently, asked him a few questions, which, if answered, will clarify this matter.  So far, he has not responded.