Walter and Deborah

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The Sabbaths are not for the new covenant. Why are you all putting the law on God's people ?

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/31/2021 at 8:52 AM, Heleadethme said:

It was expedient for Paul and other Jewish believers to "be as a Jew to convert the Jew", and not to give offence unnecessarily.  Remember that Peter was a Jew who lived as a Gentile.  Being all things to all people in order to convert some.

Jesus said " until everything was accomplished"....so when was everything accomplished....on the cross when He said, "It is finished".  Hebrews says since there has been a change of the priesthood (our High Priest is not of Levi, but Judah) there has also been a change of the Law.

N.B.  I wouldn't teach anyone not to "keep" the Sabbath anyhow.   I might share the deeper meaning of what the Sabbath was a shadow of, but also say do according to your own conscience.

Well said. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

We do love to puff our selfs up huh. The Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath. I like this "These words of the Savior remind us that the Sabbath day was meant to be a blessing rather than a burden to those who observe it." Yet so many treat it as a burden to those that don't agree with them. Proof? "call the Sabbath a [spiritual] delight, and the holy day of the LORD honorable, And honor it, not going your own way Or engaging in your own pleasure Or speaking your own [idle] words,"

Its what you do not what other do or don't do. Its not your day to tell others what they really should be doing. Sorry some of you can not do not have the right to control others. I love the lord my God with all my heart soul and mind all my strength I love my neighbor as my self. The whole Law and the [writings of the] Prophets depend (On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets) on these two commandments.”. 

You are not obeying Him by the way some of you treat ..get this.. His kids. Those that do not simply agree. Its between them and their God. Not your God to tell others how to serve. Some Jewish people look at Christians as having "their God" or their words "they have MY God". Hes big enough for all. So get over your self sorry not be offend but your not more godly or holy if you keep or not. Its what HE says not what any man says. In 62 years He has never once made a big deal about it. It was made for me not me for it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 12/25/2021 at 8:32 AM, Walter and Deborah said:
Saturday 12-25-21 Tevet 20, 5782 7th. day of the weekly cycle, 5th. Winter Day

I Posted this 6-11-19

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Sabbaths , Judging one another about the Sabbath .

I have reason to believe of the above study, that The Sabbaths and the Feast Days/Holy Convocations goes together for his/Jesus customs as him and The Apostles, went in the synagogues. Luke 4:16 , Acts 17:2

Acts 17:2

Righteousness is a position. When you become saved you are considered in right standing with God. ... Holiness is the quality of being holy, a life that is full of godly character. Righteousness is to be upright in God, to be blamless. A righteousness man is also a holy man, both of them work together.

Ephesians 4 KJV

LOL, Walter and Debbie

A simple question concerning the Sabbath under the New Covenant. Can you truly claim to be at rest simply by not working one day a week? Jesus taught words that are spirit and truth. Are you at rest, if you are unable to keep his words? The New Covenant Sabbath is of the heart.

Matthew 6:

25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

31-34 Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat? or ‘What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Shabbat Shalom

A Sabbath Day of Worry is a Day of Self-Deception. Only a day free of worry is a day of peace, that passes understanding. 

Have you truly entered into His Rest?

Philippians 4:

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 

7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

No Day of Rest Without the Weightier Matters

Isaiah 56:1 Thus says the Lord:

Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.

To keep Sabbath undefiled; keep justice and do righteousness.

3 Do not let the son of the foreigner
Who has joined himself to the Lord
Speak, saying,
The Lord has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,
“Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says the Lord:
To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.

6 “Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the Lord, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants—
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
8 The Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,
“Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him.”

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

4 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

A simple question concerning the Sabbath under the New Covenant. Can you truly claim to be at rest simply by not working one day a week? Jesus taught words that are spirit and truth. Are you at rest, if you are unable to keep his words? The New Covenant Sabbath is of the heart.

Matthew 6:

25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

31-34 Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat? or ‘What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Shabbat Shalom

A Sabbath Day of Worry is a Day of Self-Deception. Only a day free of worry is a day of peace, that passes understanding. 

Have you truly entered into His Rest?

Philippians 4:

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 

7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

No Day of Rest Without the Weightier Matters

Isaiah 56:1 Thus says the Lord:

Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.

To keep Sabbath undefiled; keep justice and do righteousness.

3 Do not let the son of the foreigner
Who has joined himself to the Lord
Speak, saying,
The Lord has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,
“Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says the Lord:
To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.

6 “Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the Lord, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants—
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
8 The Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,
“Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him.”

Seems also that the fact that the law - with its system of observances - was changed, is significant to the matter.

Hebrews 7.12 shows that the law was changed.

Hebrews 7.19 shows that what we now have is better (a keyword in Hebrews) than the law.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus gave us two laws that we must keep to be his.

Loving God, and loving our neighbor sounds simple but it isn't.

When you carry out his laws, you are not even allowed to want to break any of the ten.  Including the Sabbath because we don't just keep that one day holy, we are to keep our entire life every day holy.

It isn't always easy to love the Lord when some things happen in this world but we must.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

1 minute ago, farouk said:

Seems also that the fact that the law - with its system of observances - was changed, is significant to the matter.

Hebrews 7.12 shows that the law was changed.

Hebrews 7.19 shows that what we now have is better (a keyword in Hebrews) than the law.

Old Covenant Shabbat Shalom is an outward manifestation, and bore witness for God's people who closed their businesses not only to themselves, but to the nations.

Nehemiah 10:

29 They clave to their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse, and into an oath, to walk in God's law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the Lord our Lord, and his judgments and his statutes;

30 And that we would not give our daughters unto the people of the land, not take their daughters for our sons:

31 And if the people of the land bring ware or any victuals on the sabbath day to sell, that we would not buy it of them on the sabbath, or on the holy day: and that we would leave the seventh year, and the exaction of every debt.

Do people who claim to keep OT Sabbaths write off debts every seven years? Do they forbid inter-racial marriage. Can those who do not even know the Law claim to keep it?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

If it's any consolation, I don't think we worship the same G-d.

Reading through all the posts here over the last 18 years, you may not be the only one feeling that way.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 3/28/2023 at 11:27 AM, Slibhin said:

If it's any consolation, I don't think we worship the same G-d.

Different people do have different concepts about Him, that's for sure, and many are incorrect.  But we are told in the bible not just to know about Him, but to know Him.  ie, to know Him personally.  The Lord is revealed to us through the Messiah (Jeshua), His Spirit, who reconciles us to the Father and brings us into the Father's presence.  Man's relationship with the Father was broken/cut off through sin and going our own way.  And the Messiah came from Israel...Israel had a great purpose in God in birthing the Messiah into the world so that souls out of all mankind, Jew and Gentile (those who are willing and chosen) might be restored to the Father.  This is why there are so many references to Gentiles in the Jewish scriptures.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

18 hours ago, Slibhin said:

You are leaving out the critical fact that I don't believe in the bible. I don't really understand what you mean by "referencing gentiles". The Tanakh acknowledging non-Jewish nations exist and Jews interacting with them is important in what way?

The Jews, even in the Old Testament, were to convert the Gentiles to the One True GOD. That is why Jews interacting with them is/was important. When the Jews rejected Christ as the Messiah, then Gentiles became the object of GOD's salvation. Scripture teaches that Jesus came first for the Jew, then the Gentile. But they/you rejected Him.