IGNORED

He that leadeth into captivity into captivity shall they go ???

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

You would be deceiving us, would you. After all, you can't be gathered from somewhere you never went.

I Request That You Stop The "False Claiams" In Personal Attacks 

Of course the events below are "Future" and didn't take place anytime in history as claimed

The events below, that will take place "immediately after the tribulation" at the "Future" return of Jesus Christ in the clouds of heaven 

Matthew 24:29-31KJV

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Edited by truth7t7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

21 hours ago, Josheb said:

Please don't add to scripture.  

Genesis 7:1-24
Then the LORD said to Noah, "Enter the ark, you and all your household, for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time.  "You shall take with you of every clean animal by sevens, a male and his female; and of the animals that are not clean two, a male and his female; also of the birds of the sky, by sevens, male and female, to keep offspring alive on the face of all the earth.  "For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made."  Noah did according to all that the LORD had commanded him.... The rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.  On the very same day Noah and Shem and Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark, they and every beast after its kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind, all sorts of birds.  So they went into the ark to Noah, by twos of all flesh in which was the breath of life.  Those that entered, male and female of all flesh, entered as God had commanded him; and the LORD closed it behind him.  Then the flood came upon the earth for forty days, and the water increased and lifted up the ark, so that it rose above the earth.  The water prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water.  The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered.  The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered.  All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died.  Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.  The water prevailed upon the earth one hundred and fifty days. 

Matthew 24:37-41
"For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.  For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.  Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.  "Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left." 

Luke 17:22-37
And He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.  They will say to you, 'Look there! Look here!' Do not go away, and do not run after them.  For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day.  But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.  And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:  they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.  It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.  "It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.  On that day, the one who is on the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise, the one who is in the field must not turn back.  Remember Lot's wife.  Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.  "I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left.  There will be two women grinding at the same place; one will be taken and the other will be left.  [Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left.]  And answering they said to Him, "Where, Lord?" And He said to them, "Where the body is, there also the vultures will be gathered."

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

1 Peter 3:18-22
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;  in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison,  who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.  Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you—not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,  who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him. 

2 Peter 2:4-10
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;  and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;  and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter;  and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men  (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds),  then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment,  and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority.

Those are the words God's word actually states about the days of Noah. Those taken by the flood were the ones destroyed. They were killed. They flood was an act of washing, or cleansing, and it was those who remained behind that continued to live on in a covenant relationship with God on earth

I really do not know what you are talking about. Which statement of mine addresses "taken". Which statement of mine address how the world's population fared in the flood? Which statement of mine addressed a Covenant? I spoke of a "type", and showed the similarities - similarities that make it a type. You posted a lot of scripture but did not indicate which statement of mine you were answering. Which scripture did I add to when I didn't even quote a scripture? Are you sure you've got the right guy?

Edited by AdHoc

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

On 2/8/2022 at 3:25 PM, AdHoc said:

I really do not know what you are talking about. Which statement of mine addresses "taken". Which statement of mine address how the world's population fared in the flood? Which statement of mine addressed a Covenant? I spoke of a "type", and showed the similarities - similarities that make it a type. You posted a lot of scripture but did not indicate which statement of mine you were answering. Which scripture did I add to when I didn't even quote a scripture? Are you sure you've got the right guy?

32 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Define "the rapture". 

First define the term as you view it. 

Then define the term as (you know) those supporting the futurism this op define it. 

Is that it? You accuse me of adding to scripture and reel off a page of scripture about something I never said. Then, when politely asked to explain what you are getting at, you dismiss me. I think that for the time being we have nothing to discuss.

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Define "the rapture". 

First define the term as you view it. 

Then define the term as (you know) those supporting the futurism this op define it. 

Dispensationalism, and those that follow its teaching "Add" to and change the scripture seen below

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 being a prime example of their "claimed" pre-trib rapture of the Church to heaven thats not seen

As this scripture shows, this is nothing more than the Lords return and the last day resurrection of the dead in Christ, with their pre-trib rapture being "Added" to the event, that's not seen

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17KJV

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The Last Day Resurrection Of The Dead In Christ

John 6:39-40KJV

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Edited by truth7t7

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:56 AM, AdHoc said:

First off I must admit that the first part of verse 10 is difficult. I will venture my understanding in the full knowledge that many might not agree. In Revelation, because it is the consummation of the Bible, we must dig deep into what has gone before. And it is here, in our appreciation of the history in the Bible, that views are different, and which produce different viewpoints in Revelation.

The background of Chapter 13 is sown Israel's lawlessness and subsequent deportation. The House of Israel (the 10 northern Tribes) and the House of Judah (Judah and Benjamin) were punished by other Nations. This is God's way. It is promised in Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28. If Israel broke the law and despised the chastening of the Lord, He would send foreigners to carry Israel off out of their Land to scatter them among all nations.

When Nebuchadnezzar came down to take Jerusalem, God tells the prophet to advise Judah that He (Jehovah) has given them over to the king of Babylon and that if they wanted to survive, them and their city, they must obey and submit to Nebuchadnezzar. Of course, Judah refused the prophet and God's Words, and were slaughtered in their thousands and the rest carried off to Babylon while Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem and its Temple. The scene in Revelation 13 is a repeat.

After nearly 2,000 years of Christ being preached in all Nations, we have the following situation;

1. The bulk of the Nations have refused Him with disdain. The name of Jesus is a joke and a profanity
  2. The Jews have refused Him, hated Him, attributed His miracles to Beelzebub, and persecuted and killed His disciples
  3. The Church has backslidden from a former glory and lies in ruins as Revelation 2 & 3 show

Into the middle of this rejection of the true Savior comes a Gentile king who, with great power, charisma and the backing of the kings of the earth. The Nations readily embrace this man. This man - the Beast is God's enemy. He claims deity, blasphemes God and all who dwell in heaven, takes authority over all men and puts himself into the Holy of Holies of a newly built Temple in Jerusalem. But while he is God's enemy, he plays into the hand of God Who is over all. He is actually God's SERVANT - just as Nebuchadnezzar was. The Nations and the Nation of Israel wanted their "Caesar" and now they get him. But at al times, Jehovah is in control and no king takes his throne without God.

Now, just as the rest of the bible shows, not all men agree with who is king. For many reasons some men disagree with the powers that be and oppose them. The Beast's regime is no different. He must get mankind to take a mark of loyalty and allegiance. Some will refuse and lose their lives because of it. And as this despot's rule continues, his utter evil and disregard for other men will start more opposition. Finally, even the saints of verse 7 might decide to oppose. But this is God's choice. Just as Romans and Titus inform us, ALL POWER is of God and it is given to the rest of men to submit (Rom.13:1-3, Tit.3:1).

Verse 10 of Revelation 13 informs men that if they resist the Beast they will fail. If the form a revolutionary government and take hostages, they will be taken hostage. If they kidnap a dignitary they will be kidnapped. If they turn to arms against the Beast, they will be killed. If they resist they will be overcome. God has "given" the Beast 7 years of which the last 42 months are his final act. Though the principalities and powers scheme and plan, God remains in control and He will end the Beast's reign at Armageddon. Until then, God gives him his chance and upholds his reign.

20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: 21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding (Da 2:20–21)

Once again, our views align. For whatever reason, I believe this verse implies for Christians not to resist, and take up arms. Perhaps a chance to save their lives, I don't know.

I do know, God-ordained human government for His will and purposes. We are to obey laws and authorities appointed over us, render unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar, to God what is rightfully His. 

As a patriotic military combat veteran, that's a hard pill to swallow.

The only appropriate example of New Testament resistance I can think of is Peter drawing his sword in defense of Jesus and cutting off an ear. I can think of no apostle using physical active resistance, only submitting. 

I also think about the millions of Christians tortured and murdered during the crusades and inquisitions in the dark ages. I don't recall any armed military organization or resistance. 

In my view, the Bible seems to be consistent with submission to the rule of law. It is in God's hands.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Keywords: My people. Is not confined to the Jews only. Being grafted into the Olive Tree, those who accepted Christ are also "my people." 

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

I take the verse above to imply; do not take up arms against personal tribulation (exception Eph. 6:), Jesus has your back and will comfort your trials.  

Our interpretations align so closely, you must be left-handed LOL...

49 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

God-ordained human government for His will and purposes. We are to obey laws and authorities appointed over us, render unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar, to God what is rightfully His. 

As a patriotic military combat veteran, that's a hard pill to swallow.

The only appropriate example of New Testament resistance I can think of is Peter drawing his sword in defense of Jesus and cutting off an ear. I can think of no apostle using physical active resistance, only submitting. 

I also think about the millions of Christians tortured and murdered during the crusades and inquisitions in the dark ages. I don't recall any armed military organization or resistance. 

In my view, the Bible seems to be consistent with submission to the rule of law. It is in God's hands.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Keywords: My people. Is not confined to the Jews only. Being grafted into the Olive Tree, those who accepted Christ are also "my people." 

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

I take the verse above to imply; do not take up arms against personal tribulation (exception Eph. 6:), Jesus has your back and will comfort your trials.  

Our interpretations align so closely, you must be left-handed LOL...

Daniel 3:16-18KJV

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Acts 5:39-41KJV

39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Edited by truth7t7

• Alive locked this topic