• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/breaking-news-russia-sends-amphibious-assault-ships-into-baltic-sea-toward-sweden-ships-are-loaded

hmmn Russia seems very busy what with the Ukraine and now potentially Sweden in fact they have armed troops on Gotland patrolling.

imho i think that Syria is a puppet to Russia and Iran..but like i said just my wee humble opinion.

I agree with you mabel, and good links there, thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Waggles said:

Yes certainly tensions are mounting. Thank you for your contribution.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

For over a year now the Russian people have boosted up their civil defense to where it was during the cold war.   They have practiced moving millions of people underground for protection during a nuclear war.

I don't think NATO understands the Russian mindset and the fears of Russia being invaded again.  Putin has already told us that he would go nuclear over Crimea should we try and take that over.   It is their only warm water port there and they would loose control of the entire area if Ukraine took it back and allowed the NATO fleet to port there.   We should remember that most of the population of Crimea and eastern Ukraine are of Russian decent and are not being treated well by the native Ukrainian government.    That is what Putin has been trying to prevent and it is not wise for us to push things.    We made serious commitments about NATO moving into those countries that we have not kept   (imagine that)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That makes sense. There will be some very big and devastating wars in our future. The Bible tells us that. When? God knows. 

It will probably happen when we have a weak leader. That's usually how it works. And it will probably be before there is a risk of him being replaced by someone stronger.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

It will probably happen when we have a weak leader. That's usually how it works. And it will probably be before there is a risk of him being replaced by someone stronger.

That is a lot of "probablies". We really don't know. Time will tell and God does know. I am ok with that. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

Wars and rumor's of wars.

Maybe war..... 

Maybe not

This won't be nuclear.... not at this moment in time. 

Sabre rattling?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, all.

More than Russia, I would want to watch China. China works in secret, more than Russia does.

They are working to overrun the West economically, much as Japan did AFTER World War II was finished!

Regardless how others feel about China in the matter of the Corona-19 virus pandemic, they only served to prove how closely to the vest they carry their agendas. While Russia is being more overtly aggressive, China is still a major threat to watch.

I've been paying attention to the movies about China that have surfaced in Western cities, and I find it ... unnerving ... to see how favorably they worship the Dragon!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes Diaste, Similar, but some notable differences. eg. Russia will be leading this war, and the earthquake is in the land of Israel. (Ez. 38: 19)

At Armageddon at the end of the trib, all the armies of the world gather. And the great earthquake is over all the earth. (Rev. 16: 17 - 21) 

I think this whole 'Russian Invasion' precept is one of the things the dispensationalists got really wrong.  

At least the part about the Russians invading Israel to kick off the last week. At the time of the great dispensational authors Russia was a boogeyman hiding in the global closet. It was too easy to fixate on this and sell books as most of the population of the world was already convinced of death by nukes at the hands of the Russians. 

You have said yourself. It's the Assyrian. That's Mideastern. 

I know the premise; Russia shows up on the threshold of Canaan, invading the Promised Land and only the beast can rise up to stop the great invasion, or the ongoing destruction of the land of Israel, and save Israel.  

I think this assumes Israel to be a shrinking violet. That's not how they react to threats. 

Russia could not subdue nomads in the deserts of Afghanistan and modern Israel is as well equipped as as any army in the world with better fighters with more experience and greater will. The IDF is literally fighting everyday...for decades.

Remember the raid on Entebbe? The Iraqi nuclear facility in 1981? The Iranian nuclear sites? 

In 6 days in 1967 Israel was in Damascus and had taken the Sinai. Imagine the Israeli war machine today. And what's Russia going to do with men and equipment? Do you suppose a troop buildup will go unnoticed? A lot of practical reasons why I doubt it will happen the way the dispensationalists lay it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is a lot of "probablies". We really don't know. Time will tell and God does know. I am ok with that. 

Yep. We're definitely on the same page there. However, I do believe we are to "recognize the signs". But those of us watching will not be shocked at the timing when it actually happens. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/14/2022 at 5:09 PM, Marilyn C said:

God`s word tells us that Russia will be brought down to the land of Israel by God in the latter years.  (Ez. 38: 16)

Hello Marilyn,

If we look at Ezekiel 38:6 first:

"Gomer with all its troops; Beth-togarmah from the remote parts of the north", (some translations say "from the remotest parts of the north.)

Where is Beth-togarmah?  (Beth means 'house of')

Who was Togarmah?

"He was a son of Gomer, son of Japheth (Genesis 10:1-3), known in Assyrian records as Tilgarimmu, a city state in Eastern Anatolia (Asia Minor, modern Turkey), more specifically “the south-eastern part of Turkey near the Syrian border.” This identification is generally acknowledged by all. Once again, we have a region in present-day Turkey."

Not sure of how or why  people attribute this to Russia. Beth-togarmah was called the area from the remote(est) part of the north...... which is in Turkey.

"Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog" (Turkey)....the prince of Rosh....." Ezekiel 38:2

Rosh.... yup, here it is. Many believe "Rosh" refers to Russia. Kinda sounds a bit like it.

Rosh, in Hebrew, means "head or chief" in literal translation. Think "Rosh Hashanah" meaning "head of the year". So in Ezekiel 38, "Rosh" in the passage means "chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. It does not refer to a separate country.

Rosh was not a grandson or a great grandson of Noah. Because of this, it does not qualify for God's definition of a nation, based on bloodlines found in Genesis.

• Thumbs Up 2