IGNORED

Is there connections between the Land of Ur, Islam and the Fertile Crescent?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

In doing a study of Babylon, King Nebuchadnezzar, King Ur-Nammu, and the Fertile Crescent I ran across this photo of an artifact called the "Hash-hamer Cylinder seal of Ur-Nammu" in the British Museum.  In this photo is a crescent moon.  Archaeologists determine King Ur-Nammu reigned sometime in the early years of 2000 BC  to 2110 BC but of course Islam did not hit the world until the mid 600's AD when Muhammund invented his story.  The crescent moon did not become a part of Islamic symbols until the Ottoman reign. The symbol of the crescent moon has been around and involved in pagan rites and rituals way before Islam.  In fact I read that many Muslims denounce the crescent moon because of it's ties in history to paganism.  

We know that Abraham left the land of Ur because of God calling him out to set him and his people apart.  Apart from paganism?  Apart from the evilness of men?  Apart from the plans of the devil?  Apart from the Fertile Crescent and it's seeming ties to occult devil worship and practices?  I also had to ponder the location, the lands and this crescent shaped form of land. 

I am a firm believer that God shows us signs and wonders still today. So for me to question this is not out of the ordinary.

Do you think this crescent moon in the cylinder of King Ur-Nammu is God's way of telling us to beware of false religions?  If so, it would seem He has been warning us for over 4,000 years.  I would love to hear your thoughts.

King_Ur-Nammu.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That would be some serious thinking to put down all the thoughts about that.

There were two main moon gods in the Sumerian culture.  One for the full moon and the other for the crescent moon.  Why the difference I've never seen any real explanation.   I can't remember the full moon, but the crescent moon god was Su-en.   Sometimes referred to as Sin.    All through history there have been a moon god with different names from different cultures, but it seems the same deity.   As for Islam, Mohammad had a run in with a demonic entity or fallen angel that gave him all the information about the Islamic religion.   I don't think he made it up.   After the first visit from that entity Mohammad told his friends it was a gin or demon but then let his wife convince him it was from god.    I think it was from a god but not the god of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.   Or even Ishmael.   Like the Israelites, the Arabs drifted away from Ishmaels knowledge of God to multi pagan gods and Mohammad's family worshipped a moon god.  (Allah)   and the rest is history.

I agree, the Lord has given us warnings both in the Bible and other places to understand who and where these gods are and came from.  And of course avoid them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, debrakay said:

In doing a study of Babylon, King Nebuchadnezzar, King Ur-Nammu, and the Fertile Crescent I ran across this photo of an artifact called the "Hash-hamer Cylinder seal of Ur-Nammu" in the British Museum.  In this photo is a crescent moon.  Archaeologists determine King Ur-Nammu reigned sometime in the early years of 2000 BC  to 2110 BC but of course Islam did not hit the world until the mid 600's AD when Muhammund invented his story.  The crescent moon did not become a part of Islamic symbols until the Ottoman reign. The symbol of the crescent moon has been around and involved in pagan rites and rituals way before Islam.  In fact I read that many Muslims denounce the crescent moon because of it's ties in history to paganism.  

We know that Abraham left the land of Ur because of God calling him out to set him and his people apart.  Apart from paganism?  Apart from the evilness of men?  Apart from the plans of the devil?  Apart from the Fertile Crescent and it's seeming ties to occult devil worship and practices?  I also had to ponder the location, the lands and this crescent shaped form of land. 

I am a firm believer that God shows us signs and wonders still today. So for me to question this is not out of the ordinary.

Do you think this crescent moon in the cylinder of King Ur-Nammu is God's way of telling us to beware of false religions?  If so, it would seem He has been warning us for over 4,000 years.  I would love to hear your thoughts.

Many ancient religions incorporated moon worship - but also sun worship, and the worship of many other created things. We are to avoid all of them.

As for the crescent moon being a symbol of Islam, I wouldn't attach much significance to that. Whatever the symbol meant in the past, it isn't a pagan one now. Modern Muslims aren't pagans! And as the Jehovah's Witnesses never tire of telling us, the Christian cross symbol once meant something completely different! The fact is that the meaning of symbols often changes over time, as well as between different cultures.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

Islam says Ishmael is the chosn one of God to generate people of God. jews and Christians know it was Issac. The bible clearly says it was Issac. Islam copies the bible but adds and takes away from it. This opens up a can of worms of theology, not just in christian beliefs but in islam beliefs also. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/4/2022 at 2:34 PM, Prycejosh1987 said:

Islam says Ishmael is the chosn one of God to generate people of God. jews and Christians know it was Issac. The bible clearly says it was Issac. Islam copies the bible but adds and takes away from it. This opens up a can of worms of theology, not just in christian beliefs but in islam beliefs also. 

This is what has happened in so many religions.  Man comes in and changes and/or adds what he wants and not what God intended.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/26/2022 at 5:11 PM, debrakay said:

King_Ur-Nammu.jpg

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Rather than delve into a long rant, I’ll let whoever do their diligent research. To paraphrase, has any influential religious leader recently stated Islam and Christianity pray to and worship the very same god, called by different names in different religions and cultures?

Has this “leader” made a memorable trip to Ur recently, and for what purpose? If true, one word comes to mind, paganism.

PA´GANISM, n. [Fr. paganisme; It. paganesimo.]  Heathenism; the worship of false gods, or the system of religious opinions and worship maintained by pagans.      Addison. Hooker.

Men instructed from their infancy in the principles and duties of christianity, never sink to the degradation of paganism.      G. Spring.

Noah Webster, in Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language. (Anaheim, CA: Foundation for American Christian Education, 2006).

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Rather than delve into a long rant, I’ll let whoever do their diligent research. To paraphrase, has any influential religious leader recently stated Islam and Christianity pray to and worship the very same god, called by different names in different religions and cultures?

Has this “leader” made a memorable trip to Ur recently, and for what purpose? If true, one word comes to mind, paganism.

Thanks Dennis!  I believe if Jesus and the Pope were in the same room Jesus would be calling the Pope a snake, a viper, a bag of white washed bones, a hypocrite, and all those other descriptive names he used for the spiritually dead religious leaders.  Nothing is new under the sun then or now or ever will be until we are in our final home with the real God of the Universe!

• Thumbs Up 1