The_Truth_Seeker

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I like to know what others feel with this? As I just been going over it again. Now these"locusts" (or whatever they are) are targeting a specific group of people.

To me these "locusts" are a manufactured product for the time period concerned. Perhaps our time period? 

It just got me thinking, there is reference to something that is comparable to that when a scorpion stings, and it makes me wonder, if these locusts are a manufactured product, could we be looking at something that is targeting a specific group using some kind of "directed energy weapon"? 

Edited by The_Truth_Seeker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

2 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

I like to know what others feel with this? As I just been going over it again. Now these"locusts" (or whatever they are) are targeting a specific group of people.

To me these "locusts" are a manufactured product for the time period concerned. Perhaps our time period? 

It just got me thinking, there is reference to something that is comparable to that when a scorpion stings, and it makes me wonder, if these locusts are a manufactured product, could we be looking at something that is targeting a specific group using some kind of "directed energy weapon"? 

It is after the bottomless pit has been opened when the locusts emerge. It is after the bottomless pit is opened from which the beast emerges (Revelation 17:8). The bottomless pit is another description of the sea from which the beast will emerge, whose new world order the faithless will adore (Revelation 13:4). The locusts target the beasts worshippers.

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Edited by luigi
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

This is mostly cosmic allegory. Read all the prophets and get used to 'prophet speak'.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  11

I think the “locusts” are the truly bad guys/fallen angels that accompany Satan when he is kicked out of heaven.  Or, it could also be that the locusts are already here; yeah, those bad guys working behind the scene, working for the serpent before he actually comes, doing his bidding.  I don’t know, but they ain’t going to be able to hurt or deceive His sheep, right?  We’ll stomp on them.

Luke 10:19 
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

Where do these locusts come from?

• He opened the shaft of the abyss, and smoke ascended out of the shaft like the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened from the smoke of the shaft.  Then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth, and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power.  Revelation 9:2-3

The abyss is only ever used in the context of the supernatural.  It's a judgment of God on the beast worshipers.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

The abyss is only ever used in the context of the supernatural.

Yep, exactly. Case in point is Luke 8, the demons beg Yeshua to cast them into the Bottomless Pit. Perhaps the same pit the demon (beast) comes from that possesses the Antichrist. So it appears the Bottomless Pit, aka the Abyss, is a holding place for demons, and dead unbelievers (Psalm 16:10). Also, the passage says they are commanded to not harm any green thing such as grass and trees, and this is similar to the command God gives Satan when allowing him to harm Job. These lead me to believe Revelation 9 is speaking of demons, described as locusts, being released to inflict pain on Antichrist worshippers during the second half of the Tribulation.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, MattLovesCoffee said:

the demons beg Yeshua to cast them into the Bottomless Pit

They beg Him NOT to send them to the abyss 'before the time'.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

They beg Him NOT to send them to the abyss 'before the time'.

You are correct, I read over the word "not" in the passage.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

8 hours ago, Josheb said:

Revelation 9:1-12
Then the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven which had fallen to the earth; and the key of the bottomless pit was given to him.  He opened the bottomless pit, and smoke went up out of the pit, like the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by the smoke of the pit.  Then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth, and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power.  They were told not to hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, nor any tree, but only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.  And they were not permitted to kill anyone, but to torment for five months; and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings a man.  And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them.  The appearance of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle; and on their heads appeared to be crowns like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.  They had hair like the hair of women, and their teeth were like the teeth of lions.  They had breastplates like breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots, of many horses rushing to battle.  They have tails like scorpions, and stings; and in their tails is their power to hurt men for five months.  They have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon.  The first woe is past; behold, two woes are still coming after these things.

There is a lot there. How do you read scripture using the term locusts.

Remember, what John is seeing is a vision and the vision contains "the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things," and it was written to the Church living in the first century. If scripture is read literally then the locusts of Revelation 9 are actual locusts. If those locusts are figurative representations of something else, then the scriptures themselves are the first place to look for understanding the symbolism. It would have been something the original author and his audience understood. The book of Revelation is revelation. Those locusts were God revealing something, not obscuring it. 

Look at the description of these "locusts" in Revelation 9. Then look at a actual picture of a locust online, and you compare that to what is described in Rev 9.  

These "locusts" sound like weapons of war. For all I know, the reference to "breastplates of iron" could be relating to some kind of armor.