• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.38
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

If this has to do with a book you mentioned in another thread, I downloaded it. Already started.

Torch of the Testimony gives a decent overview to motivate more study. The general,point of view, is what I agree with.

God Bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,508
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

Somehow I already figured I knew what your response would be.If after everything you know and have been told, you still go in this direction, it's on you.

It was Messianic Judaism that brought this around Starise. I found i thought what was total shaking off of Catholicism in Messianic Judaism. Low and behold, it was JEWISH CATHOLICISM, the sacraments in keeping the commandments of oral law. Just stating what happened to me.

Blessed are you oh lord, king of the universe who Sanctifies us with his commandments.

Yep there it was staring me in the face. So, I looked it up on the internet

Read Mark Kinzer. The Enduring sacramental Character of Jewish life

The Enduring Sacramental Character of Jewish Life in the Messiah A Messianic Jewish Perspective Mark S. Kinzer (Presented at the Roman Catholic – Messianic Jewish Dialogue Group on August 27, 2013) © Mark S. Kinzer Sacrament & Kedushah1 The sacraments are efficacious signs of grace, instituted by Christ and entrusted to the Church, by which divine life is dispensed to us (CCC 1131).

This began my scriptural study of the law from the bible. The authority of the priesthood etc. etc. The Rabbis usurped them when the temple was destroyed and a new priestless Judaism emerged (by the Authority of Rome). Their traditions of Jesus day truly became law under Rome. They transferred many things of the temple to the synagogue. Thats why synagogues are sometimes called temples.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

36 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

If this has to do with a book you mentioned in another thread, I downloaded it. Already started.

Which book?

@Alive

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

Which book?

@Alive

Torch of the testimony

26 minutes ago, Starise said:

You must do what you feel led to do. I could not personally in all good conscience attend a Catholic church because I think they teach apostasy. 

Somehow I already figured I knew what your response would be.If after everything you know and have been told, you still go in this direction, it's on you.

I believe you would be redesignated on Worthy as Catholic.

Best of luck to you and blessings in finding the truth.

Unlikely to be redesignated as catholic since there isnt a forcing of it on anyone else. In fact, I would recommend Anne continue here as a member without that label.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Torch of the testimony

28 minutes ago, Alive said:

Torch of the Testimony gives a decent overview to motivate more study. The general,point of view, is what I agree with.

God Bless.

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

It was Messianic Judaism that brought this around Starise. I found i thought what was total shaking off of Catholicism in Messianic Judaism. Low and behold, it was JEWISH CATHOLICISM, the sacraments in keeping the commandments of oral law. Just stating what happened to me.

I have been to quite a few Messianic congregations. Some of them are like what you experienced. Others are not. I personally have found joy in worship, fellowship and a building up of the body in them. But I have also shaken the dust off of ones that were 2 house, one law, and rigid etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

Thank you!

I have been to quite a few Messianic congregations. Some of them are like what you experienced. Others are not. I personally have found joy in worship, fellowship and a building up of the body in them. But I have also shaken the dust off of ones that were 2 house, one law, and rigid etc. 

It is still sacraments they are keeping Ayin Jade. Does not matter what words they use, a rose by any other name is still a rose.

2 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

It is still sacraments they are keeping Ayin Jade. Does not matter what words they use, a rose by any other name is still a rose.

Not sure what sacraments you mean. The only ones I saw were communion (bread and wine), the Shema, which is in the bible, and the Aaronic blessing at the end, also in the bible. The rest was music and sermon. Oh, and the announcements. Like any other church.

Just now, ayin jade said:

Not sure what sacraments you mean. The only ones I saw were communion (bread and wine), the Shema, which is in the bible, and the Aaronic blessing at the end, also in the bible. The rest was music and sermon. Oh, and the announcements. Like any other church.

Attend on the Sabbath? A commandment you keep which sanctifies you. Your mere Saturday attendance was a sacrament. Same with the holydays, etc etc. The Keeping those commandments sanctify you.

ts 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 hours ago, Anne2 said:

I would like to hear your views. As I think of the question of the essentials, I only posted two.

OK. I am game I guess, but I am tired and preoccupied right now, I will try to get to that tomorrow.