IGNORED

Did God create evil? (A look at Isaiah 45:7)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I do believe that particular verse is mis-translated in the KJV, but the question is valid.   Who did create evil.

Did God make evil.   I would say no.   However, he did make it possible by giving the Angels free will.   And made it come to planet earth by giving Adam and Eve freewill.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, BeyondET said:

I agree didn't create evil.

Only a handful of translations use it though kjv being one and why was that.

Is it even translated properly 

Or a verse that was added,

Many give their own translations of what is in the Bible to please themselves. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 minutes ago, other one said:

I do believe that particular verse is mis-translated in the KJV, but the question is valid.   Who did create evil.

Did God make evil.   I would say no.   However, he did make it possible by giving the Angels free will.   And made it come to planet earth by giving Adam and Eve freewill.   

I look at this way. God Created the universe in such a way that corruption could occur. In other words, He Created it 'Corruptible' but not 'corrupt'.

In the same way He made Adam corruptible but not corrupt.

And I think one of the reasons why is:

Eph. 2:5 (NAS20S) even when we were dead in our wrongdoings, made us alive together with Christ ( by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the boundless riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

23 hours ago, choir loft said:

Your list of what is or isn't evil is quite complete.  I cannot attempt to add to it.

The REAL QUESTION under examination isn't the nature or definition of evil.   Most people know what evil is.

The REAL QUESTION is where did evil come from.

Genesis 3 is quite adamant on this point.   Evil came from US.

It still does.

Like Eve and Adam before us we all tend to point the finger of blame elsewhere.  Eve blamed the serpent.  Adam blamed Eve and modern scoffers, who claim to be the most enlightened of all generations, blame God for everything.

Evil came from US.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Oh, my.  You completely misread my post.

I was not defining evil.  I was defining the Hebrew word, רַע [pronounced "rah"] that the King James mistranslates as evil.

When men like Wilhelm Gesenius and a host more studied Hebrew to determine what words meant, it was determined that the Hebrew word, רַע , had several meanings in a LOT of Hebrew writings.  Evil was one meaning, but so were a lot of other words.

That's what I listed.  Those varied definitions of רַע .

I did not define evil.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

If God put all the components together so that evil could come to be how is it that He did not make evil become?

The first step to salvation is to accept we are inheritably evil and unable by nature to do that which is good.

The worst evil in God's view is no different than the slightest sin, the penalty is the same. A seperation from God and all the good He created into a burning outer darkness where there is no Light. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 6/25/2022 at 5:02 PM, Jacob Ben Avraham said:

All things were made for a purpose.

This says it all. Shalom

John 1:[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The problem is giving evil a place... it began in lie by satan... a lie has no substance of God but reorders a thing of God into an order not of God. Satan proclaimed 'I will be God' coming from a being created -so- how could this be from God? People say God allowed this and try to bring culpable means back to God; when in fact it has no place with God (in this way): The eternity past before God created did lie/evil exist? God says no
1 John 1:5 (KJV)

[5] This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

In the new heaven and earth will lie/evil exist? God says no
Revelation 21:22 (KJV)
[22] And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. [23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. [25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. [26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. [27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life

So looking now with this reasoning- Lie and the offspring of, being evil, has no place in the everlasting of God! God tells us that the fruit of lie is confusion, and we certainly see that here in the first creation... like some here saying evil is from God but by Scripture you can clearly see 'IT IS NOT' (just as God has said)
Habakkuk 1:13 (KJV)

[13] Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

Understanding the intense meaning of holy is purity and the only One Who knows what that is like IS GOD! Even now with the regenerated person of self and direct presence of The Holy Spirit of God conjoined eternally to that rebirth it is written:
1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV)

[12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

God has the problem of all who give place to evil well in hand... and He knows His Childrens situation and desperate need to be holy like He 'IS' holy Romans 7 into 8... Have peace within for He's got this!!!

• Well Said! 1

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The problem is giving evil a place... it began in lie by satan... a lie has no substance of God but reorders a thing of God into an order not of God. Satan proclaimed 'I will be God' coming from a being created -so- how could this be from God? People say God allowed this and try to bring culpable means back to God; when in fact it has no place with God (in this way): The eternity past before God created did lie/evil exist? God says no

The problem apparent is to credit satan with the power to bring evil in to existence and reorder God's will. Satan can not usurp God's will and it is incorrect to assert that a lie/evil would have to be part of God's substance in order for God to bring it into existence.
God created all things and anything that is was brought into existence God was the source. God created satan for His purpose as He did all things that exist.   

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 
Col 1:17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

It is obvious in scripture that there are things we simply cannot understand--at least not until we are changed/resurrected.

There are things that we can know as evidenced by scriptures posted in this OP.

That does not mean, however, that we can understand all of the implications of those truths stated plainly....I tend to leave those things alone and just try my best to Trust Him.

For instance--we know that there is not and cannot be any darkness in God, as He is indeed Light Himself and much more.

We know that He declared all was good at the Creation event.

We also know that His Creation was made in such a way that it could be corrupted, as I mentioned earlier--just as Adam was not made corrupt, but he was made in such a way that he could become corrupt.

What we do not know, is how these things all reconcile. Its way above my paygrade.

:-)

Perhaps the most important thing we know is that before He Created, the Solution already existed. The Lamb slain before the foundations.......